Joey Logano Forum Fan Community
Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Printable Version

+- Joey Logano Forum Fan Community (http://www.gojoeylogano.com)
+-- Forum: Joey Logano Message Board (/Forum-Joey-Logano-Message-Board)
+--- Forum: Joey Logano Talk (/Forum-Joey-Logano-Talk)
+--- Thread: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 (/Thread-Joe-Gibbs-Plans-To-Resign-Joey-For-2013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - jlogano22 - 06-26-2012 11:24 AM

Updated: June 17, 2012, 4:26 PM ETBy David Newton | ESPN.com
BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Joe Gibbs doesn't have any plans to let Joey Logano go after this season.
Posted Image

Gibbs said before Sunday's rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway that he planned to re-sign the 22-year-old driver, whose contract with Joe Gibbs Racing expires after this season.
"Obviously, we've been together for a long time," Gibbs said. "We've got a lot invested. He's our guy and we plan on going forward ... right now in the 20 car."
Logano won last week's Cup race at Pocono to snap a 104-race losing streak and silenced many of the critics speculating he would be replaced by Kurt Busch next season.
"I hope this shuts them up," Logano said after the win that propelled him into a tie with Ryan Newman for 14th in points and the second wild card spot for the Chase.
Logano also has won four of the last five Nationwide races he's entered and has five victories in the series on the season. The biggest question is the status of primary sponsor Home Depot in the Cup series.
"There's no sense going through a bunch of issues," Gibbs said. "We're solid in the points and Joey is stepping up. We're counting on him being with us."

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - JoeyLoganoFan22 - 06-26-2012 12:08 PM

Yep but I just found out that Matt Kenseth will probaly go to JGR! Hope it they expand it to a 4th team![/u]

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - 22forLogano - 06-26-2012 06:39 PM

Yeah, HD has Kenseth. Need DG and GameStop to jump up or Joeys out

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - 22forLogano - 06-26-2012 07:27 PM

So, where is Joey going to end up? If anyone goes to Kentucky this weekend I am betting ajoey's hauler has a lot of 50% off merchandise that is HD. Fill us in if you are there anyone.
Need our sponsors to jump up or Joey will need some help getting a ride. I mean 22 years old, winning races and no one wants to jump on board. What sponsor has the balls to jump up, Joey is going to be a Cup champion

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Old Man Fan - 06-26-2012 07:41 PM

Before anyone jumps off a bridge or screams at JGR prematurely, you need to know something.

Joey will be with JGR next year and beyond. I can't elaborate, but don't sweat it folks. Smile

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - jlogano22 - 06-26-2012 11:06 PM

DG should jump up and forget NW and brian wreck weekly scoot

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Old Man Fan - 06-27-2012 04:19 PM

Dollar General has already stepped up and they will increase their presence with Joey. GameStop will be moving up and doing the same. Don't be surprised if a few associate sponsors step in as well - some as a full sponsor for a race or two. Monster Energy, Snickers, Best Buy, Zest, and CitiFinancial (the latter three via Kenseth) are possibilities.

Yes, Matt is all but signed and his primary will be HD. In all honesty, it is for the best. Joey will have several sponsors that are truly HIS and ones that like having him promote their products. HD never warmed up to Joey and it was unlikely to do so under any circumstance. It's a win-win for everyone. Matt finally has a good sponsor who will be with him for the long haul. Matt will bring a lot to JGR. JGR will finally have four teams that are fully funded with four outstanding drivers.

The only issues that remain unresolved are the length of Joey’s extension, the number on Kenseth’s car (does JR allow the 17 to go with Matt and let Joey keep the 20?), and the associate sponsors. These issues will be quickly addressed and everyone will be happy – including those of us who cheer for Joey. Keep in mind that his team will stay intact and he is not going to another organization. It’s all good.

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - JoeyLoganoFan22 - 06-27-2012 07:03 PM

(06-27-2012 04:19 PM)Old Man Fan Wrote:  Dollar General has already stepped up and they will increase their presence with Joey. GameStop will be moving up and doing the same. Don't be surprised if a few associate sponsors step in as well - some as a full sponsor for a race or two. Monster Energy, Snickers, Best Buy, Zest, and CitiFinancial (the latter three via Kenseth) are possibilities.

Yes, Matt is all but signed and his primary will be HD. In all honesty, it is for the best. Joey will have several sponsors that are truly HIS and ones that like having him promote their products. HD never warmed up to Joey and it was unlikely to do so under any circumstance. It's a win-win for everyone. Matt finally has a good sponsor who will be with him for the long haul. Matt will bring a lot to JGR. JGR will finally have four teams that are fully funded with four outstanding drivers.

The only issues that remain unresolved are the length of Joey’s extension, the number on Kenseth’s car (does JR allow the 17 to go with Matt and let Joey keep the 20?), and the associate sponsors. These issues will be quickly addressed and everyone will be happy – including those of us who cheer for Joey. Keep in mind that his team will stay intact and he is not going to another organization. It’s all good.
Where did you hear that? Nobody nows! Not even their company knows!

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - 22forLogano - 06-27-2012 07:22 PM

Well Old Man Fan, a lot of what u said I was hoping for and heard from MIS. Can't wait to hear it become official. I know HD never warmed to Joey but GameStop is the perfect fit. If Monster jumps up for him to Coke will go bye bye and that's ok with me since I work for Pepsi lol.
I agree, Matt is a great asset to JGR and will help Joey and the whole team a ton! Keep us posted

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - jlogano22 - 06-27-2012 08:26 PM

(06-27-2012 04:19 PM)Old Man Fan Wrote:  Dollar General has already stepped up and they will increase their presence with Joey. GameStop will be moving up and doing the same. Don't be surprised if a few associate sponsors step in as well - some as a full sponsor for a race or two. Monster Energy, Snickers, Best Buy, Zest, and CitiFinancial (the latter three via Kenseth) are possibilities.

this sounds great but whats your source/???

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Old Man Fan - 06-27-2012 09:50 PM

As mentioned earlier, I can't elaborate. However, here are some things to think about.

Joey is very fortunate to be with a team that is on the verge of becoming the second best organization (Hendrick is first due to his numerous dealerships and unlimited bank accounts) in NASCAR. What Coach Gibbs did in this round of free agency is pluck the best racer available and create an even stronger powerhouse. The benefits to Joey in the long run are endless. To even the most casual fan, getting a prized free agent like Matt Kenseth into the stable over a Hendrick team (via SHR) is a real coup. For Coach Gibbs to steal MK right underneath Rick Hendrick’s nose is nothing short of remarkable.

Too, keep in mind that Coach Gibbs has a real knack for procuring high profile sponsors and KEEPING THEM. Coach and J.D. realize that Joey is a solid talent and they have no intention of letting him walk. With that in mind, just know that Joey is in good hands and the future looks great.

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - JoeyLoganoFan22 - 06-27-2012 10:59 PM

(06-27-2012 09:50 PM)Old Man Fan Wrote:  As mentioned earlier, I can't elaborate. However, here are some things to think about.

Joey is very fortunate to be with a team that is on the verge of becoming the second best organization (Hendrick is first due to his numerous dealerships and unlimited bank accounts) in NASCAR. What Coach Gibbs did in this round of free agency is pluck the best racer available and create an even stronger powerhouse. The benefits to Joey in the long run are endless. To even the most casual fan, getting a prized free agent like Matt Kenseth into the stable over a Hendrick team (via SHR) is a real coup. For Coach Gibbs to steal MK right underneath Rick Hendrick’s nose is nothing short of remarkable.

Too, keep in mind that Coach Gibbs has a real knack for procuring high profile sponsors and KEEPING THEM. Coach and J.D. realize that Joey is a solid talent and they have no intention of letting him walk. With that in mind, just know that Joey is in good hands and the future looks great.

This is what I like to hear! I want Joey Logano in #20 car with DG(a sponsor who loves him) and GameStop in th Sprint Cup Series! That is my final saying!

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Vermont#1Fan - 06-28-2012 08:51 AM

I hope it is all good for Joey, I hate to see him lose the #20 Orange car....It has been so him for so long now, I suppose Tony Stewart fans felt the same way when he dropped the #20.....Always root for Kenseth too so if he gets the 20, it will be OK but will never forget Joey in that ride. Hoping Joey is confident in his place for next year, hate to have him run the rest of the season with that cloud of uncertainty over his head, like he did lat year. LOVE YOU JOEY !!!!!gws

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - 3DoorsDown - 06-28-2012 11:31 AM

Someone on another message board who works as an engine builder for Roush Fenway Racing is claiming that Kenseth personally told them that he's going to drive for Gibbs, but they're holding off on an announcement until they can put together a deal to keep Logano.

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - JoeyLoganoFan22 - 06-28-2012 02:43 PM

(06-28-2012 11:31 AM)3DoorsDown Wrote:  Someone on another message board who works as an engine builder for Roush Fenway Racing is claiming that Kenseth personally told them that he's going to drive for Gibbs, but they're holding off on an announcement until they can put together a deal to keep Logano.

Wow! This is really effecting JGR in a positive way! We are probaly having a Cup champion to this team! Some people say that Joey Should go to MWR after this year! :/ I don't know about that!

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - jlogano22 - 06-28-2012 03:05 PM

(06-28-2012 11:31 AM)3DoorsDown Wrote:  Someone on another message board who works as an engine builder for Roush Fenway Racing is claiming that Kenseth personally told them that he's going to drive for Gibbs, but they're holding off on an announcement until they can put together a deal to keep Logano.

see thats why JGR is good they dont want to say kenseths here and then start the onslaught of people saying joeys screwed

JGR sticks behind drivers (well except for jj sucky)

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Old Man Fan - 06-28-2012 08:39 PM

A new deal is also in the works for Denny and should be completed next week. Looking like it will be a five year extension and keep him in the 11 through 2018. Busy times at JGR, but good things going on as well.

Surprised to see an engine builder spilling the beans. What is said in the garage usually stays in the garage. Smile

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Canadian Joey Fan - 06-29-2012 02:34 AM

I agree with what everyone says on here about Joey getting his own sponsors and all that and i love Kenseth but wouldn't it be hilarious if Joey out pointed Matt next season lol

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - JLO22 - 06-29-2012 11:44 AM

all in all i'm really proud to a joey fan! he's doing what he has to and that's all you can ask at this point. there's no doubt in mind he'll be racing for a competitive cup team year and hopefully that is at gibbs. joe gibbs racing has alot invested in joey and there's no way i could see them giving up at this point. the information stated above seems relatively accurate. my prediction would be dollar general sponsoring him the majority of races and gamestop in there for a few. sports clips is a maybe as well as trans-lux.

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - JoeyLoganoFan22 - 06-29-2012 06:23 PM

Now I hear that Matt Kenseth is probaly going to Marco Andretti's team because they are movin up to NASCAR next year! I'm sorry I'm sayin this but I want Matt Kenseth to come to JGR and maybe have a fourth car team!

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - jlogano22 - 06-30-2012 10:18 AM

Logano says no change in his status: #20-Joey Logano didn't know anything more about his 2013 plans Friday than he did Tuesday morning before Roush Fenway Racing announced that Matt Kenseth was leaving its organization. Kenseth is expected to join Joe Gibbs Racing, either in a fourth car or as a replacement for Logano, who does not have a contract for next year. "I've heard nothing new," Logano said following qualifying at Kentucky Speedway. "We're still up in the air on a lot of things." Team president J.D. Gibbs said Wednesday that he would like Logano to remain at JGR long term but the sides don't have a deal done for 2013. Gibbs declined to discuss whether Kenseth was joining the organization. "We want (Logano) to be here forever," Gibbs said Wednesday. "That's kind of what we're working on. Until you have stuff laid out (and can say), 'Here's the plan,' it's not really worth talking about."(Sporting News)(6-30-2012)

RE: Joe Gibbs Plans To Resign Joey For 2013 - Canadian Joey Fan - 06-30-2012 10:20 AM

(06-29-2012 06:23 PM)joeyloganofan619 Wrote:  Now I hear that Matt Kenseth is probaly going to Marco Andretti's team because they are movin up to NASCAR next year! I'm sorry I'm sayin this but I want Matt Kenseth to come to JGR and maybe have a fourth car team!

This aint happening and if it does then i suggest any Matt Kenseth fan stop being a Matt Kenseth fan on account that Matt Kenseth has suddenly become extremely stupid. a few things, first Jack Roush said Matt was going to the "'Darkside" so he is most likely talking about Toyota (Japan) as Andretti would be a Dodge team (American) secondly it was reported that the purchase of the Dodge engine package from Penske is false. Also Matt is leaving mostly because of his shaky sponsorship situation he had at Roush and with Home Depoit he was that solid foundation. Lastly, Andrett's cars would be a terd on wheels for the first few years (see MWR) i highly doubt Matt would leave what he has at his age for anything that is not equal to what he already has.