Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the winter olympics
02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
the winter olympics
just wondering if anyone else is watching vancouver 2010 Smiling

i think its so interesting.. my fave sport in the olympics is snowboarding!!!
im so excited shaun white won gold hes the best!Lub

anyone else watching it?
thoughts on it?
whats ur fave event?

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
RE: the winter olympics
Im thinking of it more as a Fail.. Everything what could go wrong has gone wrong.

On the side note im happy Shaun White won to Big Grin. Being hes the only person i know
02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm watching it here and there. I kinda liked watching moguls, that was pretty cool. Downhill ski?I think it's called, snowboarding of course. I dunno I pretty much watch it all!
02-18-2010, 09:41 PM
it is kinda a fail, im watching it now, i love the ice skating! i watch everything though
02-19-2010, 01:13 PM
well idk lol its good so far.....i cnt find the video of shaun white's snowboarding run that made him win the gold...i looked on youtube and they took alot of those vidds down..can any one else find it lol? thanks Smile

02-19-2010, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 03:00 PM by Priyanka.)
I'm loving the Winter Olympics so far! I do love the snowboarding but I love the skiing and the small track speed skating as well :]

For all you Shaun White fans (I am one as well!):

[-] The following 1 user Likes Priyanka's post:
joeyloganofanxo20 (02-19-2010)
02-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I really haven't been watching it. When I was in the hospital waiting room a few times this week, I would watch it if it was on, but other than that.

"His wife wears the firesuit in the family", Joey on Kevin Harvick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
(02-19-2010 02:56 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  I'm loving the Winter Olympics so far! I do love the snowboarding but I love the skiing and the small track speed skating as well :]

For all you Shaun White fans (I am one as well!):

wow..watt a guy...hes like the god of snowboarding!!!Lub

02-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I've took some time to comment on this. I have seen some people over the net make remarks about the Vancouver games. Let me say this. I watch the games all the time and these are my favorite by far! sure it's extra special because it's in Canada but i really have been enjoying them. To the people that say that the Winter Olympics is just a reminder that the "real" Olympics start in 2 years i say this.. Yes the summer games draw more people and are bigger BUT there is a good reason for that. Not everyone is tough enough to handle winter, not everyone wants to stand out in the cold but it's something Canadians can handle. As for the events, I'll take fast paced action events like Luge, Skeleton,Snow Boarding,Ski Cross etc and fantastic Ariel displays like Ski Jumping etc. What about the summer games, running, shot put, high jump, pole vault.. What is that?! It's people running fast and throwing stuff...BORING! you want my attention, jump in a Bobsled and go down the hill 80 miles per hour, or do something extreme! running fast, what the hell. That is why that the winter games are more special because not everyone can do them. Yes the summer games are bigger and more popular but i bet i can find many athletes from the winter games willing to try events from the Summer games but i bet more then half the Athletes from the Summer games wouldn't even want to show up to try any of the Winter games because it's simply too cold or too extreme. That is why the winter games is more appealing to me. Not everyone can do those events and most would be too afraid to try.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Summer Olympics I only find the mountain bike racing interesting. Winter Olympics I love speed skating, snowboarding, and ski cross. I find the Winter Olympics more interesting.

02-25-2010, 05:29 PM
i cnt watch the summer olympics, get bored too easily lol

02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Great day to be Canadian yesterday, Silver and Gold in Womens Bob Sled, Silver in short track speed skating relay, Clara Hughes becomes the first Olympian to win multiple medals and both the summer and winter games as she takes the Bronze in speed skating at age 38 and the mens hockey team beats the hell out of Russia 7-3. 7 Gold for us tied with the USA! this is big strides for our country because in the past we were never close lol. I know the states kicks ass and has like 30 medals now and we have 15 but it would be interesting to see a percentage based on number of athletes, population of US and Canada and just over all resources then figure out who is doing better based on that. In my mind USA is like Jimmie Johnson and Canada is more like Marcos Ambrose in terms of over all backing.

02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
looks like you guys might win the gold after all for your Womens Hockey team. Dang Canadians you'd think they would get off the ice before they get into the beer lol. For those of you who haven't heard the Women were drinking on the ice and a few were under age. They have since issued an apology so i don't know if there will be punishment or not but they could possibly be stripped of the medals. I doubt that would happen but who knows. It's not the same as if they cheated if that was the case then i'd say they should be stripped but after the game i don't know. Either way we all saw the game, we know who won.

02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
(02-26-2010 10:41 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  looks like you guys might win the gold after all for your Womens Hockey team. Dang Canadians you'd think they would get off the ice before they get into the beer lol. For those of you who haven't heard the Women were drinking on the ice and a few were under age. They have since issued an apology so i don't know if there will be punishment or not but they could possibly be stripped of the medals. I doubt that would happen but who knows. It's not the same as if they cheated if that was the case then i'd say they should be stripped but after the game i don't know. Either way we all saw the game, we know who won.

That would be messed up if they were stripped of their metals.
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh my that would be messed up.
02-26-2010, 03:43 PM
yes that would be. wow

02-27-2010, 01:08 AM
They not only drank alchohol on the ice, they hijacked a zamboni. Kinda disgraceful if you ask me.

02-27-2010, 01:40 AM
(02-27-2010 01:08 AM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  They not only drank alchohol on the ice, they hijacked a zamboni. Kinda disgraceful if you ask me.

Humm I didn't know they hijacked a zamboni, I was under the assumption that it was only beer + smoking.
02-27-2010, 04:05 AM
What is the legal drinking age in Canada anyway?

I can see the zamboni being an issue but still, to take away their medal?? I don't know about that.
02-27-2010, 02:13 PM
(02-27-2010 04:05 AM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  What is the legal drinking age in Canada anyway?

I can see the zamboni being an issue but still, to take away their medal?? I don't know about that.

They shouldn't have their medals taken away. Afterall, they didm't take the medal away from that American snowboarder that went to a party and his medal found it way into pictures with womens sexual parts.

02-28-2010, 10:21 AM
i'm pretty sad that its almost over, i was addicted to watching the speed skating and figure skating
02-28-2010, 12:55 PM
yes. closing ceremony is tonight it will be sad but itll be backSad