Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zippy to Stewart-Haas 2012? For the best?
06-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Zippy to Stewart-Haas 2012? For the best?
Saw today where Zippy is headed to Stewart-Haas next year to be his crew chief. With Grubb to be moved to director of competition. Might be for the best anyway. I can't say that Zippy is mentally tearing down Joeys racing ability, but some of the stupid calls he's made this year make me wonder. Especially lately. I know Joeys had a lot of bad luck this year, but some of the off the wall decisions Zippy has made makes me wonder what is going on with him and Joey. Things with this team seem to be really strange this year, especially after all the bad luck. It seems to me in my opinion, Zippy has all but given up on Joey. Between the bad luck and bickering on the radio at each other, go figure.
I wonder if Jason Ratcliff will move to cup? If this is true, I'd like to see Dave Rogers with Joey and Jason with Kyle. Dave and Joey seem to work great together in the NW series. They won a lot of races together. I guess we'll find out in the future. Stay tuned...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
RE: Zippy to Stewart-Haas 2012? For the best?
(06-21-2011 10:25 AM)20logano20 Wrote:  Saw today where Zippy is headed to Stewart-Haas next year to be his crew chief. With Grubb to be moved to director of competition. Might be for the best anyway. I can't say that Zippy is mentally tearing down Joeys racing ability, but some of the stupid calls he's made this year make me wonder. Especially lately. I know Joeys had a lot of bad luck this year, but some of the off the wall decisions Zippy has made makes me wonder what is going on with him and Joey. Things with this team seem to be really strange this year, especially after all the bad luck. It seems to me in my opinion, Zippy has all but given up on Joey. Between the bad luck and bickering on the radio at each other, go figure.
I wonder if Jason Ratcliff will move to cup? If this is true, I'd like to see Dave Rogers with Joey and Jason with Kyle. Dave and Joey seem to work great together in the NW series. They won a lot of races together. I guess we'll find out in the future. Stay tuned...
There is some series issue's with Zippy and Joey....I noticed that when the 2 of them where at the HD store is Pa..

They didn't say a word to 1 another the entire time....Even though Joey tryed a few times to talk to Zippy...

I think Zippy is filling the heat...Bye Gibbs...He needs to go now and let somebody else...Take over...

They don't connect....

Gibbs bring on Gamestop..For Joey....
06-24-2011, 11:50 PM
UPDATE: There was a published report this week that Greg Zipadelli, Stewart's long-time crew chief at Joe Gibbs Racing, might move to Stewart-Haas and Stewart's crew chief, Darian Grubb, would become the team's director of competition. "I laughed when I saw that," Stewart said. "It's not the first time I've read something that's not true."(Sports Illustrated)(6-22-2011)

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
06-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Not true today......... Tomorrow is another storySmile. Hoping he sees this thing through with Joey.