Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zippy out to get Joey?
07-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Zippy out to get Joey?
Yes Joey has made a few mistakes, but the engine failures, bad calls have made it look like this year is his fault. I am no Crew Chief but I question many many times during races Zippy's calls. Do any of you feel the same way? Pit crew doesn't seem to have the hustle either. Ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2011, 08:49 AM
RE: Zippy out to get Joey?
Engine failures are no ones fault. This is a team sport and this team is struggling this year. They have performed better IMO than what their results have shown but I agree the season is a lot less than expected for everyone.
I don't believe Zippy is sabotaging anything. He loves JGR. He may not be the right fit for Joey but he is still a great CC. Last night we all had too high expectations for Joey and his team based on past Kentucky Nationwide results. Different car with different CC. Lets look at this, 3, 6, 14 over the last 3 races. Top 20 in points. He has 8 races to get a win and I think he can at some of the tracks coming up. I thought getting that finish last night was good for how the car ran. I think Loudon is a huge opportunity to get a win and continue running well
07-10-2011, 01:38 PM
RE: Zippy out to get Joey?
Well thank you for your input. I am sure Zippy does love JGR, I just don't feel that it extents to Joey. In these money grubbing times I hope that Home Depot and Joe Gibbs stick with him. Joey is a huge asset to the sport and is a good wholesome all around nice guy, a rarity these days. I feel he is doing fantastic despite everything and I wish MSM would stop bringing up the bad and putting all the negative things on his young shoulders.