Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is Landon Cassil?
06-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Where is Landon Cassil?
He was driving the #5 car last year for Hendrick Motorsports, but where is he now?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2009, 03:57 AM
RE: Where is Landon Cassil?
I know that hes been running some hooter cup races but i dont know what happen to him in the nationwide series
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2009, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2009 06:09 AM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
Well i can answer all of your questions about Landon Cassill as i am a huge fan of his and converse with him from time to time via facebook (yes he rights on my wall and messages meSmile anyways the scoop with him is, he was supposed to run a similar schedule then last year in the 5 car with Jr Motorsports with Unilever sponsorship (Helmans, Ragu,Klondike etc) however when Brad Keslowski lost the Navy sponsor and could not secure sponsorship for the 88 all of Landon's sponsors for the 5 car moved over to Brad and the 5 became a part time ride. Once the 5 became a part time ride Landon was off the 5 car in favor of his more expirenced and perhaps in some cases more marketable teammates. Currently Landon is still exployeed by Hendrick Motorsports as a development driver and last i heard he is still a big part of there long term plans *cough* hurry up and retire Gordon! *cough* I haven't heard of Landon doing any hooters races and like i said i do follow him pretty closely, right now Landon is running a select schedule in the ASA late model series and his next race is Tomorrow and IRP. He's 2nd in the ASA challenge division however is only running selected races in the North,south and Challenge divisions for the ASA so he probably won't be tops in points for any of them. We won an ASA race early in the season and has already had a handful of top 5 and top 10 finishes. If we don't see Landon this year in any of the big three we should see him next season perhaps in the 88 if Brad moves to cup and possibly in a Jr motorsports cup car near the end of 2010.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
06-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Ahh thanks for the update on Landon Cassill Smile
06-12-2009, 06:34 PM
no problem

07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Awesome! Cuz i was one of his fans last year, and then he like, fell off the face of the Earth.
Thanks for the update Smile

*MJ* Big Grin
07-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Update.. my friend emailed Captain thunder racing and about Landon getting the driver of the event award for his burnouts using the old 1997 t rex 24 cup car which Jeff Gordon used to win the 1997 All star race. With Jeff's recent back issues and the fact that he said often that he doesn't see himself racing past 40 (he'll be 38 next month) look for the following to happen in the next few years...

1. Brad Keselowski will be full time in sprint cup in 2010 with one of the following teams 1.Stewart Haas
2.Red Bull
3.Jr Motorsports
4.Penskee
5.RCR

Now RCR is only possible should Harvick leave for Stewart haas and if he stays then Brad could end up and Stewart Haas. Penskee tried to sign Brad last year to no avail. Now with Brad already in a cup car for 2010 that leaves the rest of this senario to play out. Jeff Gordon's long time major sponsor dupont will exit the sport following the 2010 season and i feel it is no coincedence that Jeff has said he won't be racing past 40. Jeff will retire for Nascar or at least reduce his schedule (like Michael Waltrip) for the 2011 season. Landon Cassill will be in the 24 cup car (or whatever number they give him) starting in the 2011 season. For those no believers it's ok, most people didn't take me seriously when i predicted that Joey Logano was going to take over Stewarts ride 2 years before it happend

08-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Sounds pretty credible to me. I have a contact that stopped by Mark Martin's shop and got a tour and met Landon. He stated he is a very nice person and I hope to see him in a car soon.
08-22-2009, 03:47 PM
potentinally good news! All reports suggest that Brad Keselowski will move to Penseke racing in 2010 driving the 12 car. That will leave the 88 Nationwide car open most likely Landon will fill the seat.

08-22-2009, 03:56 PM
(08-22-2009 03:47 PM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  potentinally good news! All reports suggest that Brad Keselowski will move to Penseke racing in 2010 driving the 12 car. That will leave the 88 Nationwide car open most likely Landon will fill the seat.

That makes sense! Big Grin
08-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Now some are saying Kelly Bires which doesn't make sense. That would be like if Gibbs took Landon Cassill instead of Joey, no offence to anyone but the point is the obvious choice is right under there nose!

09-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Bires is a whale of a talent that deserves a shot in a big time ride. I know Landon is talented and seems as if he is destined for the 24 as stated earlier but this pick is a solid choice as well. They need to look for the future now in the 5 as well with Brad being gone and Kelly could be that fit.
09-09-2009, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2009 12:40 AM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
I see what your saying and yes Kelly is talented but having Landon in the system and winning rookie of the year with him in a Hendrick/JRM car should mean that he is the next in line. I can see (although i don't agree with it) the logic of putting a proven name in the 88 because of sponsorship but Kelly Bires is not anymore proven the Landon is. For Junior to go and look outside of his own team when he has a driver already under the Hendrick Motorsports banner who has basically waited his turn over the last 3 years, for them to go out and totally ignore that and look outside the system is basically a slap in the face and i don't think Bires fans should feel any different if it was Landon going to TRG or KHI and taking his ride.
For the record i don't blame Kelly and all in this, when the opportunity is given to you you should take it no matter what, my point is this perticular opportuntiy should not have been offered to him.

10-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Landon Cassill will be driving the 1 car for James Finch at Memphis in the Nationwide series. This will be Landon's first race since winning the 2008 rookie of the year and will also mark the debut of Joe Gibbs racing's Matt Dibenedetto in the 20 car.

10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Well perhaps if he does well in the 1 car, it could open up more opportunities for him
10-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Hopefully. James Finch said he wants to put a young driver in the car full time next year so hopefully Landon does well enough to be considered for that. Aric Almirola and Reed Sorenson are others being considered.

10-24-2009, 07:21 PM
All i have to say is i think Landon proved his point today. He should have been Brad's replacement. I hope to God he gets in the 1 full time next year and beats JRM.

10-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree. He did very well today. As did Matt DiBenedetto.
Kyle was such a sore loser today though...at least he didn't spin Brad out.
10-25-2009, 07:37 AM
(10-24-2009 07:54 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  I agree. He did very well today. As did Matt DiBenedetto.
Kyle was such a sore loser today though...at least he didn't spin Brad out.

Wasn't for a lack of trying lol

10-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Who is "JRM?" I agree with what some of you said about Landon!
10-28-2009, 01:01 AM
(10-28-2009 12:45 AM)pbrfan1982 Wrote:  Who is "JRM?" I agree with what some of you said about Landon!

JR Motorsports.