Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Waterbottles on the track ????
09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Waterbottles on the track ????
What is up with water bottles? Brad K. supposedley threw a bottle on the track at last minute and caused another caution....so, questions.....How do they drink out of a little bottle with their helmets on? Why would they throw it out as opposed to just hold in lap? Why create a dangerous item on track...why is it allowed all the time (according to Brad in interview)? And,,,,do you think Brad and Rickey S. planned this all out ahead of time on their radios? Angry I know all is fair in love and war but I felt sorry for Kevin,,,,after leading all night long......gws
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vermont#1Fan's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-02-2012)
09-02-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: Waterbottles on the track ????
Hey Mama, water bottles are thrown on the track all the time, usually off the racing surface because drivers don't want things moving around in there. This practice has gone in since Nascar started. However, Kevins right, when NASCAR wants more excitement and certainly that race did the good all caution will come out. You will hear many old timers use the word phantom caution. But NASCAR certainly is good at cheating races when they want something or feel us fans do.
I am not saying NASCAR didn't want Kevin to win however I know they wanted the end to be more exciting because there wasn't much of a race. Hope that help.
There are many who dont believe races are fixed but I know for a fact from the inside this is the case.
09-02-2012, 03:08 PM
im glad they threw a caution real or not

it would have been a snooze fest harvick winning by like 15 seconds

but instead it turned into an exciting memorable race

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
09-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Drivers throw bottles out the window all the time, more than likely several times during a race. ESPN tried creating some controversy by showing the clip of the bottle right after the caution came out. Afterwards, they did show an official picking up what was a piece of debris out of turn 2 (looked to be a piece of metal or aluminum). The reason why they throw them out the window is because they would melt inside the race car with the high temperatures and fumes would burn up in the cockpit.

[Image: 55zjt.png]
09-02-2012, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 10:31 PM by Anon.)
@jlogano20

I disagree. I would much rather watch a legitimate race, even if it means that it is a snoozefest . I don't like it when there are cautions just for the sake of making it "more exciting". Not every race can be thrilling and exciting.
09-02-2012, 11:59 PM
(09-02-2012 10:30 PM)Anon Wrote:  @jlogano20

I disagree. I would much rather watch a legitimate race, even if it means that it is a snoozefest . I don't like it when there are cautions just for the sake of making it "more exciting". Not every race can be thrilling and exciting.

but it was a real caution

they showed them cleaning up the REAL debris not the waterbottle crap

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
(09-02-2012 10:30 PM)Anon Wrote:  @jlogano20

I agree with this however we all know legitimate races aren't always in Nascars best interestWink
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
NASCAR should just be consistent. If a wall scrape on lap 12 gets a caution, then the wall scrape with 12 to go should get a caution. If a piece of whatever gets a caution early on, the same piece of whatever should get the caution late.

IMO, they contradict themselves by saying they dont want to throw cautions sometimes because they "want to let the race play out naturally." 100 laps in when you throw the caution to bunch them up, thats not letting the race play out naturally...

Either let them race and if it goes caution free with 17 seconds between first and second, so be it. If they wad up every 5 laps and theres 4 cars left at the end, so be it.