Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tv Ratings
10-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Tv Ratings
There is an article on Jayski that talks about Brian France addressing the decline in tv ratings. In my opinion the reason for the decline is quite simple..it's the fans! mostly the ones that cheer for one particular driver named Earnhardt. It's pretty simple, when 65 percent of the total fan base cheers for one driver and that one driver isn't doing well, then that is a large chunk of the fans that turn away. One of two things needs to happen, Now a short term solution would be for Dale Jr to start winning races again but that isn't likely to happen at least not consistently so i say to all you little E fans, let it go, find someone else to cheer for and come back, maybe someone like say Joey Logano, who i know has lots of fans himself. The faster fans get over Jr the better off we will all be. I respect his Dad and what he did and i don't fault people for cheering for Dale Jr but he can't be the be all and end all. Someone else has to come along.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
Vermont#1Fan (10-18-2010)
10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
RE: Tv Ratings
I think they need to make NASCAR more exciting for the entire season! Get rid of the 12 chase drivers and have it be a free-for-all till the end! It would make me more interested. I'm bored out of my mind since some of my favorite drivers aren't in the chase. Sometimes I'm thinking to myself, what's the point in watching. I'll just watch something else and get the standings the next day.
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2010 02:58 PM by JoeyLoganoFan.)
With the "Free for all till the end" we would have one driver who runs away with the championship every year. If anything lets reset the points like the chase (With 10 points for wins etc) but let everyone in to this chase, Gives everyone a shot. Should help ratings. And oh yeah, Make all races for Saturdays. Everyone is watching NFL. Nascar would be better off fighting saturday college ball.
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
or it because people are getting tired of jimmie and kyle

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
10-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I like the Chase because w/o it Harvick would have a huge lead right now...and it could be like that many years. I understand the people like my grandpa that are used to the old way, but it makes it more of a playoff.
TV rating is just because football is starting, and people are getting bored of it because of Jimmie & Kyle like jlogano20 said. But then again that's no reason to hate Jimmie or Kyle...there are many other reasons to hate Kyle though...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Kyle helps TV Ratings if anything, people want to see what crazy thing he'll do next.

Jimmie Johnson is the reason for declining TV ratings imo, and NASCAR knows it. No one wants to watch him win over and over and over.

That's why yesterday, they wanted Denny and Harvick to finish ahead of Johnson. Notice how 4 cars blew tires and hit the wall and they didn't throw a yellow? That's because Denny wasn't as good on the short runs and Jimmy was better so they avoided throwing it so that they could close up the points. Even Jimmy noticed it and pointed to it in his interview. Think about it, any other time they throw a caution as soon as a tire blows. This time 4 blew.
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
That's an interesting point. I really hope they didn't do it for that reasoning because that is definitely tampering the race.
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Nascar can be a joke sometimes. Someone said the same thing yesterday on another forum about how they did't throw a caution. If you ask me it sounds like a bunch of WWE.
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
But then again this could be the same type of statements that Jimmie Johnson fans say about him cheating...just mad so they blame someone or people from cheating. There's times that they don't throw caution because they can get off the track or not in the way and so on, I'm not an expert so I can't say definitly but I think it could just be a scapegoat.