Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Truex to take over #20 Nationwide Ride
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Truex to take over #20 Nationwide Ride
Sources say that Ryan Truex will be signing with JGR for six races in their #20 Nationwide car. Two races on his schedule were supposed to be GameStop sponsored races, so I assume he will be driving with GameStop instead of Joey. The Kansas and Phoenix races were scheduled races for Joey and the GameStop crew but it does not look that way now. I really do not know what this means for Joey's career at JGR but it looks like they are working to replace him. First with the Carl thing that went sour now in the Nationwide series.

Source: Sirus-Speedway.com
http://www.sirius-speedway.com/2011/08/r...tarts.html
Monday, August 08, 2011
Report: Ryan Truex To Make Six Starts With JGR
ThatsRacin.com’s Jim Utter is reporting that Ryan Truex will run six races on NASCAR Nationwide Series this season with Joe Gibbs Racing. Truex began the year with Pastrana Waltrip Racing, running 10 races before sponsorship evaporated and he was forced to the sidelines. The two-time K&N Pri Series East champion posted just one Top-10 finish in that span, an eighth at Richmond International Raceway. Truex will return to the circuit on Sept. 3 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, with subsequent starts scheduled at Richmond, Chicagoland, Dover, Kansas and Phoenix.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 07:13 PM
RE: Truex to take over #20 Nationwide Ride
Dont overreact Pugs, Joey needs to focus on the cup car and do some testing for next year. That's what that is all about
08-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I swear peoplem panic way too much, Joey has been the best points wise the last 6 races with the exception of 2 races, 1 where he was top 10 all day and got shuffed out due to bad pit stategies and the last race which he got the pole, led the 2nd most laps and almost won the damn thing and would have had an easy top 10 again had it not been for a tire going down. WAKE UP PEOPLE! watch the races and no what's going on before you just comment on the results. There is nothing wrong with Joey's performance right now, he is going just fine.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
And who cares what happens in Nationwide, as far as im concerned, Ryan can have all the races.

08-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey Canadien,,,,,I'm with you.......gws
08-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I apologize for seeming over reactive, that was not my intention at all. Undecided I just wanted to post the article along with my opinion at the moment I read the article. I did not post it with the intention of everyone lashing at me for actually wanting Joey to race the Nationwide races he had scheduled. I was mainly irritated because I was planning to go to a few of those races to watch him in both series. I personally enjoy the Nationwide series, not because Cup regulars dominate it but it shows who the real stars are in the series. I like the new rules NASCAR has with only going for one championship. The cup drivers competing in the Nationwide series has shown Ricky Stenhouse Jr's potential along with Trevor Bayne, Justin Allgaier, Reed Sorenson and Aric Almirola. They all can race alongside the cup drivers and compete for the win along with them. I believe there should be a limit to the amount of races cup drivers can race in the lower series but I also believe racing these Nationwide races can help cup drivers in Sunday's race. That is why Jimmie Johnson and Paul Menard are racing this Saturday at the Glen. Also Kurt Busch will be filling in for Brad Keselowski. It is all extra seat time. Especially Joey in his Loganothon this weekend. So again I am sorry for seeming worried and ASLEEP! But that was my opinion then and this is my opinion now. Blush
08-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Pugger, i don't think you should feel criticized, people here just say what they think, no harm intended. We are all friends of Joey and we all appreciate hearing everyone's opinions. That is what makes the world go round. GO JOEY !!!!!!! gws
08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
We all want Joey to do well all the time, thats why we are fanatics of his. But we also need to understand results are not always reality. We all wanted and the media stated he was going to make the chase this year. With high expectations and results not there to back it up it seems a lot worse than it is. Edwards rumors make it even more difficult but Joey will be dominant.
08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
If you take away Joey's horrible luck the first 6 races Joey is probdably in the top 10. He will finish the season around 13th place.