Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Truex Jr. to MWR
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Truex Jr. to MWR
So I was browsing around nascar.com and saw this article about Martin Truex Jr. switching to MWR and Michael Waltrip only driving part time. What do you guys think about this? Will it be a good move for him and give him a chance for the chase or will it be a mistake? Will it be a good move or not for Michael too?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2009, 10:36 PM
RE: Truex Jr. to MWR
Truex to MWR is a great move both both parties. MWR is on the uprise and has come along way in only three years. There facility is state of the art and there race teams for the most part are competitive except for the 55 of Waltrip. That's where Truex comes in. The one thing MWR is missing is a real flag ship driver. Truex will play the same role as Kasey Kahne does on RPM he will become there best shot at a chase contender and is probably one of the best talents in Nascar. Earnhardt Ganassi racing has too many questions and no stability and it would have been a huge risk for Martin should he not stay. Ryan Truex, Martin's brother is also on MWR's development program so that i'm sure was another deciding factor. Expect to see the 56 car in victory lane and in a few years contending for Championships.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
07-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah I agree. Hopefully he can can give MWR a bigger, brighter future since Michael is struggling. I mean Truex isn't a bad racer by any means but I think that there will be some getting used to a new team and such in the first few weeks.
07-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Truex is a lot better then what he's shown at EGR. In the right eqipment he's a chase contender as good or better then Bowyer.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah, and I think EGR has a lot to do with his lack of success. He's always right there in the thick of things at every race, he just needs a better team and car to get him to victory lane.