Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top Rookies coming soon
08-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Top Rookies coming soon
We can all assume that the next rookie to come along will be Brad Keselowski but lets look at a few more that should be coming along sooner or later.

1. Landon Cassill - Hendrick Motorsports driver, winner of the 2008 Nationwide series rookie of the year and the Goodwood festival of speeds driver of the event. noticed at a GM Development test which he dominated the field (lap times wise) a field that included Joey Logano. Once thought to be the successor of Jeff Gordon could this still be landon's path, stay tuned.

2. Bryan Clauson - If Joey Logano is an A then Bryan is an A 1. Bryan has spent most of the last few seasons in Usac open wheel racing and taking a similar path to the likes of Stewart,Gordon,Newman and Kahne. Interesting to note that a lot of scouting sites had Bryan ranked number 1 over Joey and many long time big dogs in Usac say Bryan is the best they have ever seen.

3. Ricky Stenhouse Jr - Another Usac ace, won 9 races a few years ago for Tony Stewart racing. Nearly one the Arca Championship last season and now is currently in the Roush camp. David Ragan better pick it up, Ricky will be breathing down his neck very soon.

4.Colin Braun - There's not too many people Colin's age that can say they have raced in the 24 hours of Daytona! a road course ringer who is getting better each week on the ovals. Finally getting a win for Jack Roush at Michigan in June. Colin and Ricky Stenhouse will spilt the Nationwide series rides for Roush fenway in 2010.

5.Justin Allgaier - Steller performances the lst few seasons which have included a Arca Championship have many thinking it's only a matter of time before he goes cup racing with Penskee most likley in the 12 car.

6.Brian Ickler - Top talent with multiple wins in the camping world east and west series having success in the truck series on Kyle Busch's off weekends.

7.Cole Whitt - Unsigned Usac talent can wheel a race car. Once of the best..

8.Ryan Truex-younger brother of Martin leads the camping world series in points.

9.Chase Elliott - The son of a legend is starting to turn some heads

10.Ross Kenseth - Matt's son who is now 16 years old is finding success in the midwest (sound familiar?) like father like son. Ross just won his first feature race this year.

And Finally ....

Matt Dibenedetto. Easily the best prospect of 2010 Matt's stats best even Joey Logano's . Signed with Gibbs matt is taking the same path as sliced bread perhaps he is the driver they need for the 4th car.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2009, 10:09 AM
RE: Top Rookies coming soon
Oh, I like Justin Allgaier. He's pretty good. I watch him every week in Nationwide.
08-05-2009, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2009 11:02 AM by Priyanka.)
Ricky's been stellar. He's one of the rookie's I've been following really closely.
I like Justin as well. I have high hopes for him. He seems to continue to improve as time progresses.
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Go Matt Dibenedetto
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user