Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to change the front page please Jean!
07-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Time to change the front page please Jean!
Sorry but its depressing me lol. Retirement seems like the end and sounds really dramatic and the fact is the main part has always been the message board and that is still going so unless this site gets shut down completely, i don't see a point of calling it retirement. All that has really happened is you left to do other things. I think most people would rather see a welcome to Joey Logano's fan forum then that. Just my opinion.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (07-25-2012)
07-25-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Time to change the front page please Jean!
i agree it been enough time change it to the forum as the main page

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
07-25-2012, 08:48 PM
You are right, it is time to change the front page and I do intend to change the front page over to the forum, that is the plan. It just takes time to do it as there are a lot of technical and structural changes that need to be revised in order to make the transition as smooth and error free as possible. The main thing holding me back right now is the blog platform that the main page is on right now. If you check the archive page, there are 900+ blog update posts. Those are all under a separate database system, separate from the forum. The forum has its own system, and the two can't work together under the same directory path. So in short... I need to figure out a way to retain those posts, while having no affect on the forum move.

Retaining those posts is important and would mean that everyone still has access to those posts that you see on the archive page, and it is also important that all blog links remain the same. Example... if you visit .... http://www.gojoeylogano.com/sprint-cup/j...eview.html that will still be the same link to get that to that page once the forum is on the main page.

I wish it was as simple as clicking a button and saying "go to main page" but unfortunately there are a lot of technical things that need to be done, and I want to make sure it is done the right way. Also whenever I make the final changeover move these changes will be done during a late time window, meaning after 1 am or so. This way the website is not down during normal visiting hours and it will not affect most people visiting the website.

The worst case scenario on all of this is that I have to manually re-create 900+ html pages. Obviously trying to prevent that as that would be a huge project, lol. If I can't find a solution and I have to go this route, then the forum would be changed over first, and then I would upload the other content 1 by 1 as I re-build them manually.

Don't worry though, the forum will be changed over to the main page very soon! I hope that after this change, the activity on the forum picks up and that new members join as a result! Still though, right now whenever you go to Google and type "joey logano forum" we are all over the first page.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 2 users Like Jean's post:
jlogano22 (07-25-2012), JoeyLoganoFan22 (07-25-2012)
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Sorry about writing a book on the topic, I just like to be transparent on these things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 2 users Like Jean's post:
jlogano22 (07-25-2012), JoeyLoganoFan22 (07-25-2012)