Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway - Race Talk
04-03-2014, 09:54 PM
The Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway - Race Talk
The Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile speedway, Ft. Worth, Tex.)

No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion driven by Joey Logano

Sunday, April 6, 3:00 pm ET

Primary Chassis: PRS-848
Last Raced: Loudon Fall 2013 (finished 14th)

THE NEWS & NOTES
  • LOGANO REACHES 30: By finishing fourth last weekend at Martinsville Speedway, Joey Logano reached another milestone in his brief NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) career. Logano’s third fourth-place finish in 2014 represented his 30th-career top-five result. Even more impressive, nearly half of those top-five finishes (14 of the 30) have come since Logano began competing for Team Penske just over a year ago. Logano earned 16 top fives in 147 races with Joe Gibbs Racing. He has already earned 14 top fives in just 42 races with Team Penske.
  • ANOTHER IMPRESSIVE NUMBER: Since NASCAR instituted its new “knockout” qualifying format this season, maybe no one has been posted more impressive results than Logano. He has qualified second, first, fourth, seventh and third in the five races since starting “knockout” qualifying. That equates to a 3.4 average starting spot. Only Logano and six-time NSCS champion Jimmie Johnson have made the final round in each of the “knockout” qualifying sessions.
  • HELLO TO HERTZ: The Hertz Corporation, one of the worlds’ leading car rental and transportation companies, will serve as a co-primary sponsor of the No. 22 Ford Fusion this weekend, along with Shell-Pennzoil. Hertz has been a proud supporter of Team Penske and the No. 22 NASCAR Nationwide Series Mustang since the beginning of 2013.
  • QUITE THE ANNIVERSARY: This weekend marks the one-year anniversary of what might have been one of Logano’s finest NSCS performances. After running into issues in the tech line before the race at Texas, Logano barely made it out on the track for the start of the race, pulling out of the garage area just a lap before the green flag. Then, after starting from the back of the field, Logano solidly worked his way towards the front, as he finished an impressive fifth in just his seventh race with Team Penske.
  • TEXAS TWO-STEP IN 2013: After finishing fifth in the first Texas race last season, Logano backed it up with a third-place finish in the fall race at TMS. The only other time Logano has finished inside the top five at Texas came at the end of 2010 when he finished fourth.[/b]
  • DIG SAFE, CALL 811: April is National Safe Digging Month, and No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil / Hertz Ford Fusion driver Joey Logano will run ‘Call 811’ logos on the car during all three races in April to encourage fans to call 811 before starting outdoor digging projects. As part of the effort, the Common Ground Alliance will give one race fan the chance to watch Joey Logano race at the Quicken Loans 400 at Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale, AZ on November 9, 2014. Visit http://www.flyawaytophoenix.com to enter and read official rules. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes ends August 31, 2014.

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE SUCCESS THAT YOU’VE HAD AT TEAM PENSKE SO FAR?

“I don’t think it comes down to one thing. I mean, I feel like I have clicked with my team and (crew chief) Todd (Gordon) from the very beginning. Me and Brad (Keselowski) work well together, which helps a lot in the grand scheme of things. Things are just going really well right now. I’m so proud of the guys on the Shell-Pennzoil team. They work their butts off in the shop and on the weekends. They put in a lot of time to make sure these cars are fast and that is showing on the track. But I don’t think there is anything special that we are doing. We are just working together as a team and I’m continuing to improve as a driver.”

WAS MARTINSVILLE A TURNAROUND FOR YOU AFTER TWO DISAPPOINTING WEEKS?

“It was. That was what this team needed. The thing was, at Bristol and California, we were a car that should have finished in the top five at both of those tracks, but we had mechanical problems get us. That is kind of deflating when you know you have a car that can run up front and even win and something beyond your control takes you out. But this weekend, we got back to doing what we’ve actually been doing all year long, which was running up front and showing that we are fast. We have led laps in every race except one this season. That’s an impressive stat. So we just need to keep doing what we are doing. The wins and the top fives will continue to take care of themselves.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Vermont#1Fan (04-07-2014)
04-05-2014, 08:12 AM
RE: The Duck Commander 500 at Texas Motor Speedway - Race Talk
Look forward to it. Looks like race runs all yesterday so lets see what we have today
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
Vermont#1Fan (04-07-2014)
04-05-2014, 12:20 PM
not too confident so far........ 30th yesterday and 17th today in practice..........my questioning of the chassis selection seems spot on so far.....hope im wrong

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
04-07-2014, 04:08 PM
OH IM GLAD I WAS DEAD WRONG

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO WINNER!!!!!! HELL YES!!!!!!

04-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Tipped a big win for Joey and the team.....gws
04-07-2014, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 05:13 PM by jlogano22.)
Here's a view from the other half of fans reacting lolol

[-] The following 1 user Likes jlogano22's post:
Vermont#1Fan (04-08-2014)
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Well that makes me happy happy happySmile

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
04-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Hell yeah. Just got done watching it. Amazing to get it done early and welcome back to the chase. So damn pumped right now
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
04-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Freaking awesome, well done and deserved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kelly's post:
04-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Had a good feeling going into this weekend's race, so happy to see Joey win! This team is on a roll!
04-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:YOU SEEMED TO BE PRETTY CONFIDENT ALL WEEKEND LONG. DID YOU HAVE A FEELING ABOUT THIS RACE?

“I felt very confident about this race. For some reason I told (crew chief)Todd Gordon, ‘We’re gonna win this week,’ and I was mad when we didn’t get the pole, but I felt like we had a car that could win this thing today.”

YOUR CAR DIDN’T START OFF STRONG, BUT SEEMED TO GET BETTER AS THE RACE WENT ON.

“At the beginning we didn’t, and then Todd and the guys made good adjustments and had good stops all day. And that one longer run I came through and was able to drive up to fifth and get some cautions to be able to get our track position up towards the front. (Running in) clean air means everything in these cars.”

WHAT’S IT MEAN TO FINALLY GET A WIN THIS YEAR AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SO STRONG AND TO DO IT AT TEXAS?

“It’s been a heck of a season so far. I feel like the Shell-Pennzoil Ford could have been to Victory Lane a couple of times so far, and we’re finally here. I feel like we gave away a couple already this season, so this car is fast. We’re here to be a force all year. I’m so excited I can’t even speak right now. I’m stoked. It’s super cool. Texas Motor Speedway is one of the coolest race tracks. The first time I came here I got my butt handed to me really bad, so to win at this track means a lot.”
04-08-2014, 05:19 PM
What an awesome race. So glad to see Joey back in Victory
Lane.
That Gordon Fan reaction was priceless. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Logano22fan's post: