Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Talladega Race
11-02-2009, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2009 04:27 PM by joeyloganofanxo20.)
Talladega Race
I'm wondering, does anyone else think that NASCAR was way to strict with bump drafting?? for a few laps they were all single file racing eachother. i won't lie, the single file racing was very boring. You have fans trying to get into NASCAR-- they tuned into that race and at the beginning they were single file. so NASCAR probably lost some potential fans. Personally i thought that they should have been running in packs. but NASCAR made it less interesting and i think Rusty Wallace and all the other commentators in the booth were hinting that it was boring. they mostly said stuff like 'Yepp, theyre still in single file.' and drivers were afraid of getting a penalty.

what does everybody else think?

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
RE: Talladega Race
Christina,

I think the single file was just a little boring. But, I mean...to be very honest (and I might get critique for saying this) if new fans find the single file racing to be boring, they might find cars going around and taking 600 left turns to be boring as well. But, that's just NASCAR. That's how it is.

My next point is, it is much safer this way. I understand that fans can get bored and cautions and double file restarts make things fun and exciting and that's why we all love NASCAR. But, I do not think it would be wise to risk the lives of drivers unnecessarily. NASCAR fans will be NASCAR fans no matter how much they complain about the single file restarts. And the drafting rules do not occur at every track nor the straight aways. Just in the turns. I think after Carl Edwards' accident last time and a fan getting injured, they made the right choice. It might be a little bit less exciting now at that track, but that does not mean I'm not going to watch it anymore. It's safer for the drivers and fans which is the most important thing in such a dangerous sport. There were still a ton of wrecks on Sunday for those that love wrecks.

That's my essay for today :]
11-02-2009, 08:21 PM
(11-02-2009 07:47 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  Christina,

I think the single file was just a little boring. But, I mean...to be very honest (and I might get critique for saying this) if new fans find the single file racing to be boring, they might find cars going around and taking 600 left turns to be boring as well. But, that's just NASCAR. That's how it is.

My next point is, it is much safer this way. I understand that fans can get bored and cautions and double file restarts make things fun and exciting and that's why we all love NASCAR. But, I do not think it would be wise to risk the lives of drivers unnecessarily. NASCAR fans will be NASCAR fans no matter how much they complain about the single file restarts. And the drafting rules do not occur at every track nor the straight aways. Just in the turns. I think after Carl Edwards' accident last time and a fan getting injured, they made the right choice. It might be a little bit less exciting now at that track, but that does not mean I'm not going to watch it anymore. It's safer for the drivers and fans which is the most important thing in such a dangerous sport. There were still a ton of wrecks on Sunday for those that love wrecks.

That's my essay for today :]

Priyanka, i agree with what your saying as well, they did attempt to make it safer and i think they did a good job, they avoided those 10-15 car wrecks. and your right about the whole carl edwards flip and the injured fan, i just felt that the drivers felt limited, and that they couldnt get close to anyone without being penalized. so they played it safe and kept some distance between them and the car infront of them. thus making the beginning alittle boring.

but i agree, it may have started out boring, but im a die hard fan, i will stick with nascar no matter what. the wrecks are what make the race interesting, but for me, i could go a whole race without seeing someone wreck. and all in all, it was still a good race Big Grin

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm not going to lie, I fell asleep while they were single file and my step mom woke me up so that I could see the Home Depot Jeoy Logano commercial. For the sake of safety go NASCAR, but that just made all the drivers afraid of penalties. And repeating and agreeing with everyone else would be redundant.
11-03-2009, 03:14 AM
I think its time for Nascar to wake up! There not gonna be able to keep them cars on the ground after they get going not very sure about takeing off them restrictor plates (Dont see that happeing) i know the most of the fans wana see it but what are they gonna do when they have a car comeing flying right at them? lets say it takes out a row of people everyone will blame Nascar for takeing them off! They really do need to let them bump draft thur the turns fif not there just gonna loose more ans as far when i was there i saw a bunch of people just leave cause they were bored. This is stock car racing! Not follow the leader
11-03-2009, 03:38 AM
The single file stuff had nothing to do with the new no bump drafting rule in fact it started at Daytona a few years ago. the problem is with so much on the line and the fact that the drivers know you can go from 30th to first in 2 laps nobody wants to risk anything until the end so they go single file and log laps and since everyone knows that if they jump out of line they go to the back, that's just the way it is. The last Dega race had a middle part just as long where they were all single file but the difference there is the finish made it a great race. Every plate race is going to have the single file part, it's apart of the stagegy for most of the teams just trying to get to the end of the race. The problem was not the single file part the problem was that the race ended under caution and the finished sucked because of it. Watch here is the formula, The race starts and there all 2 by two and four wide for the start then there's a middle part where they all get single file then there's the last 5 laps where somebody ends up on there roof and what will make it good is whether or not the finish is good. Carl's race which everyone loved was the exact same as this race but this race ended under caution and that was the only difference. Races are going to have bad finishes and end under caution, it can't always be an amazing finish, it's not planned out like the WWE.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
11-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Another thing about this is there still talking about it. It's over done. Some people thought it was a bad race, so what, it happens. Your going to get races you think are boring just like your going to get games in any sport that are boring. They all can't be super entertaining, there's no story line or script to what happens happens. The two worse races i've seen the past few years were The Coke 600 in 2005 where they had just put a new surface and the tires kept getting chewed up and there were 25 cautions mostly all tire related. They couldn't go more then 5 laps it seemed. The other stinker was Indianapolis last year for basically the same reason excpet they didn't even try to race they just ran most of the race under caution and kept having mandatory pit stops every 10 laps. People complained hard about those two races and you know what, they got through them. Talladega will do the same.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]