Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TV coverage
11-10-2013, 02:23 PM
TV coverage
I thought maybe it was just me, but it seems other people have noticed a distinct lack of coverage on Joey during any aspect of his racing, whether the race itself, practice, or qualifying. I know what will be said if I say anything to the outside world, lol. That all the fans complain that their driver isn't covered enough, and yes, that is probably true. But I have seen other drivers claw their way numerous times to the front with practically lap by lap commentary on them, and yet when Joey, and to an extent Brad, do it...nothin' but crickets. With his outstanding record, his first Chase appearance, and all this coming with his first year at Penske, I have to wonder what does ESPN have against our guy, or his team for that matter?
I previously posted a question about fans being able to send feedback to sponsors concerning us using their products due to their sponsorship. Surprisingly, except for perhaps snail mail to their marketing departments(?) there is not a good way to do so. With ESPN's lack of interest, maybe fans helping out in this area could at least show the interest in Joey that exists straight to the sponsors? Just an idea.
Sorry for the book here, but had to get this out. Thanks to all of you who keep this site going, and if Joey, his team, the shop guys, and the Foundation people all can hear this, thank you too. And from a vet, hope everyone has a good, safe weekend.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 11:34 PM by Shell4Life.)
RE: TV coverage
I think it has happened a few times with Joey and qualifying, but it could just be coincidence. You figure they have to go to scheduled commercials so it could be a case of bad timing.
11-11-2013, 08:08 PM
I try to tell myself that, but even leading the race there was barely a mention. Maybe being over sensitive, but I do not remember this kind of attention on Brad last year when he was a contender for the top spot vs. JJ now. All the respect in the world for the guy and his team and accomplishments, but there ARE other drivers on the track.
11-11-2013, 10:48 PM
they mentioned him alot at texas lol

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
11-14-2013, 08:31 PM
No, you are correct that they did not notice him..alot. He had good strong finishes and they didn't even put him on Tv. Two races ago (or last race) he was driving his tail off and got up to the front, (I think he did it better than anyone all season) and the guys actually admitted they didn't talk about him. If you are not a HMS driver, it ain't happening..or Chevy...IMO.