Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salvatore Logano - Grandfather of Joey Logano Passses Away
11-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Salvatore Logano - Grandfather of Joey Logano Passses Away
My heart goes out to the Logano family at this time. May Salvatore Rest in Peace.

Quote:LOGANO, Salvatore Vincent Salvatore Logano, 85, most recently of Mooresville, NC died Friday, (November 6, 2009), after a valiant battle with lymphoma, surrounded by his loving family. Born and raised in Portland on March 14, 1924, he was the son of Sebastian and Sebastiana (Leone) Logano. Sal was a graduate of Portland High School. He was a spectacular athlete while there and earned a total of 12 varsity letters in three different sports. He was captain of the soccer and basketball teams his senior year. He was scouted by the New York Giants baseball team and would have played professionally had World War II not interrupted his chances. Salvatore was very proud of his service in the US Navy, and was a coxswain who drove a landing craft that delivered British troops to Juno Beach at Normandy, France on D-Day. Salvatore married his love, Louise Cecchini, on October 25, 1947 in Middletown, CT. They were married for 62 years. He was a member of St. Mary's Church, Portland, CT. Sal founded, owned and operated S. Logano Waste Removal Service and was a well known business man in the greater Middletown area. Sal was an avid golfer, who enjoyed coaching his sons on youth baseball teams and following the Red Sox and Celtics. Sal was a founder and inaugural member of the Portland Sports Hall of Fame and was also inducted into the Connecticut Soccer Hall of Fame. Recently one of his greatest joys was supporting and following his grandson Joey Logano, driver of the Nascar Home Depot #20 car. Salvatore is survived by his loving wife of 62 years, Louise Logano of Mooresville, NC. He leaves a wonderful legacy for his children and grandchildren; son, Robert Logano and his wife Karen Paradee Logano and their three children; Matthew, Carissa and Brianna of Hudson, NH; and son, Thomas Logano; and his wife Deborah Biduk Logano of Concord, NC; and their children Danielle, of Charlotte, NC and Joseph of Concord, NC. He leaves a sister, Anna Rustek of Middletown, CT. He is also survived by a wonderful extended family and many long term caring friends. Sal was predeceased by his brother Michael Logano. Sal's family would like to thank and acknowledge Drs. Karen Warner, Michael Girardi and Francine Foss and their staff, and the caring staff at The Village at South Farms, Middletown CT and the Churchill Senior Living Community and Hospice services of Mooresville, NC for the outstanding, compassionate care he received in his last few years Family and friends may pay their respects from 5-8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 10 at the Portland Memorial Funeral Home, 231 Main Street, Portland, CT. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 11, directly at St Mary's Church, Portland, CT. Interment will be at the Swedish Cemetery, Portland, CT. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations in Sal's memory be made to the , 825 Brook St., Rocky Hill, CT 06067.

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hartfor...=135556021
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2009, 06:47 PM
RE: Salvatore Logano - Grandfather of Joey Logano Passses Away
That is very sad my prayers go out to the entire Logano family. R.I.P Salvatore
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
aww i feel terrible. ill pray for the Loganos.

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
11-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow. That's so sad. I hope everybody in the family is okay.
11-07-2009, 07:41 PM
come to think of it joey didnt seem his usual self when he was interviewed. i wonder if he could have skipped todays race to be with his family.

11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
(11-07-2009 07:41 PM)joeyloganofanxo20 Wrote:  come to think of it joey didnt seem his usual self when he was interviewed. i wonder if he could have skipped todays race to be with his family.

Maybe they didn't let him.
11-07-2009, 11:32 PM
(11-07-2009 07:50 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  
(11-07-2009 07:41 PM)joeyloganofanxo20 Wrote:  come to think of it joey didnt seem his usual self when he was interviewed. i wonder if he could have skipped todays race to be with his family.

Maybe they didn't let him.

thats true. but i dont get why another driver couldnt replace him though

11-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Its most likey his sponsor Gamestop they dont sponsor that car for some one else just to pop in and race it i rememeber back in 2004 or 2005 when Casey Mears was wanting to sit out cause one of his Family members passed away and his sponsor Target was not happy and they made him race
11-08-2009, 07:22 AM
R.I.P Salvatore Logano.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
11-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I just read this and God bless the Logano family. I remember Joey won a race earlier this year when his Dad wasn't there because he was with his Father. Here's hoping Joey has a solid run today and get to his family.