Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Race at Kentucky
05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Race at Kentucky
So the big talk on Thursday was about Kentucky gaining a Cup race and Atlanta losing one. Now this would make sense since Bruton owns both tracks but they need to add some seats to the place before it will happen. Atlanta has 93,000 seats to Kentucky's 69,000 so you know Nascar and Bruton don't want to lose money but I think this is real.
I for one would love to see Kentucky get a race. It isn't your normal cookie cutter and the racing is always competative there. I also think Joey would love to get one there as wellWink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like 22forLogano's post:
Canadian Joey Fan (05-13-2010), rawrgoeskayla (05-09-2010)
05-14-2010, 08:44 PM
RE: Race at Kentucky
Kentucky is just another boring track. They need to keept the date at Atlanta and demolish Kentucky.

"His wife wears the firesuit in the family", Joey on Kevin Harvick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Kentucky has been pretty good for Joey Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
loganogirl (05-17-2010)
05-15-2010, 01:34 PM
(05-14-2010 08:44 PM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  Kentucky is just another boring track. They need to keept the date at Atlanta and demolish Kentucky.

Not sure what races you have seen at Kentucky but thety are far from boring and certainly Atlanta has lost a lot of luster.
05-17-2010, 06:01 PM
(05-15-2010 01:34 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  
(05-14-2010 08:44 PM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  Kentucky is just another boring track. They need to keept the date at Atlanta and demolish Kentucky.

Not sure what races you have seen at Kentucky but thety are far from boring and certainly Atlanta has lost a lot of luster.

exactly. Kentucky is a REALLY good track that i hope to go to and watch a race. i wish the cup cars would race there! i LOVE seeing Joey win there! Big Grin

#20 Joey Logano = Heart
"His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do" Joey about KH Wink
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd love it for Kentucy to get a race, Joey would tooSmile

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
06-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:Q. What is the feeling among the drivers and how (Kentucky Speedway) would hold up to a Sprint Cup race?

Joey Logano: I hope it gets one. For as well as I’ve ran there, I hope it does. I like going to a lot of different racetracks and that is the cool thing that NASCAR does is we get to go to a lot of different places. To add another racetrack to it would be pretty fun at the same time.

Q. What do you like so much about the racetrack other then the fact that you have won there a couple of times?

Joey Logano: It puts on good racing. It might be different with the Cup cars, but with the Nationwide cars, it’s a two-grove racetrack and maybe three. It makes it pretty fun. You can move around a little bit. The top lane works good. It has a lot of character. There are a lot of bumps down in (turns) one and two. Joe Gibbs Racing has awesome Nationwide (Series) cars at mile and a half speedways like Kentucky. All of that put together, it suits my driving style a lot. And it’s fun. If you have ever noticed, it’s really wide. That puts on good racing. It gives you a lot of room off the corners for some good racing.

06-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Kentucy is boring, Atlanta is boring, Phoenix is boring, Daytona and dega are both boring, so are the road coures, i hate Bristol and Martinsville puts me to sleep.Dover is stupid, texas is lame,New hamshire is crap,Michigan has too many Canadians, Chicago has smelly people in the stands,vegas is too much fun that i actually don't like it,Fontana, is too round,Richmond's track lights are too bright, Pocano only has three turn...I hate the chase, i hate the New Cup car i hate all the new rules that make the racing more exciting, i love the new NW COT which looks like the cup car which i hate, Me and all my friends only cheer for Dale Earnhardt Jr, because we have to since his dad is Dale Earnhardt Sr and therefore we have to cheer for his son and we have to do what everyone else does. I hate Toyota and i only cheer for American made cars as apposed to Cars that are made from Japan but made in America by Americans. I never just have fun because i'm always complaining about something and nothing is ever good enough no matter how hard or how many times Nascar changes the rules and when they ask the fans what they want and the fans vote for it and i vote for that too and say yes thay would be cool make that a rule..well when it becomes a rule, then i suddenly hate it because that's what i do i complain about things and i hate things.

Enjoy the races folks, it's not scripted, the cars are not going to explode their not going to fly up into the stands every race, there's going to be some good races and there is going to be some bad ones, make the most of the bad ones. I personally like all racing and very rarely do i ever call a race boring. maybe it's because my expectations aren't set so ridiculously high.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
Vermont#1Fan (07-04-2010)
06-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Nascar has changed the car, the rules pretty much everything to try and please the fans, they took a poll to see what fans want, they have worked with the fans to try and make the racing better and it is. They admitted that the wing was wrong so they put the spoiler back on and the side by side racing has been really good ever since. Nearly ever race has been decided on the last lap. The problem isn't Nascar, it's Nascar fans who want too much. When Dale Sr, died on the track on the last lap at Daytona that was when the tv ratings went higher, the over attendence got better..so what are we going to have to kill someone because the racing isn't crazy enough?!. The racing is too boring??...that's crap, the problem is most fans think it's too boring if they don't see a car flipping or slamming into the wall and catching fire every 2 seconds. If fans would just relax and just enjoy good side by side competition and not demand a flipping circus everything would be fine.

07-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Good thoughts CJF and agree with the posts.
07-04-2010, 09:31 AM
DITTO Canadian man,,,,,good post and funny too !!!!!
07-05-2010, 01:24 PM
So Jayski is reporting today Kentucky gets a first date, Kansas gets a 2nd date and Vegas gets a second date at the expense of Loudon, Atlanta and Cali. That would stink for this Loudon season ticket holder but new Bruton was a liar when he said he didn't want to move a Loudon date. He is now using the security expense as his main reason.
I wanted to get Joey to Kentucky but not at the expense of my own track.
07-05-2010, 03:01 PM
(07-05-2010 01:24 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  So Jayski is reporting today Kentucky gets a first date, Kansas gets a 2nd date and Vegas gets a second date at the expense of Loudon, Atlanta and Cali. That would stink for this Loudon season ticket holder but new Bruton was a liar when he said he didn't want to move a Loudon date. He is now using the security expense as his main reason.
I wanted to get Joey to Kentucky but not at the expense of my own track.

Really? Wow... that's a shocker to see Loudon of all places lose a 2nd race. It doesn't surprise me to see Las Vegas get a 2nd race date though.
07-13-2010, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2010 05:41 PM by JoeyLoganoFan.)
Scheduled changes, 3 tracks loses? 3 gain dates?: SPEED's Bob Dillner reported on the July 11th SPEED Report that rumors have Auto Club Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Atlanta Motor Speedway with second race dates going to Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Kansas Speedway and Kentucky Speedway getting a Sprint Cup race. No word how this will shake up the Sprint Cup schedule, can be figured out a few different ways. Look for Atlanta Motor Speedway to keep it's Labor Day weekend date and doubtful Las Vegas would get a summer date with the heat there.(7-13-2010)

Found this, Looking like it could end up happening.
07-18-2010, 12:59 PM
More and more information pointing towards this. Kentucky will be about Nascar wanting to go there with this legal battle going on. Bruton wants one there but Nascar needs to give seal of approval.
08-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Looks like we are going to see our boy get a date at his best stats track!!! WOOOOOO. Now just need to know when in July to see if I can make it there.
08-09-2010, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2010 08:21 AM by Sandeep Banerjee.)
I will say one thing, Kentucky is definitely not boring. It just seems that way because everytime the Nationwide Series goes there, there's no match for the combination of Joey and a JGR prepared Nationwide car. However, it's like this the rest of the time.
08-09-2010, 01:10 PM
I would love to see Kentucky get a race I think Iowa should have one as well, I'm not always too fond of going to a track twice. I think some should such as Daytona, Talladega, and others. Also road courses I think they're should be more in the schedule and one in the chase.

But there is barely ever a boring race, yes wrecks are exciting and get people pumped up but that's not what the sport is about and tracks are designed for people to be spun out or fly into the walls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes trmb1d's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (02-08-2012)
08-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Just my opinion but cut the season down to 30 races a year, start and and end at Daytona, reduce the length of the races expect for Daytona, Indy,Charlotte,Darlington and maybe Bristol and limit cup drivers in the NW series.

08-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I agree NW needs to change who can race in it. Should only allow cup drivers in their first 3 years to be in nw so the Kyle's, Carl's, and Kevin's don't overtake the young developmental drivers otherwise well have danica Patrick type drivers in cup when the 'big boom' of retirement's occur
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Never will see Daytona end the year with the unpredictability of the race and championship complexion. Always going to see the Cup regulars in the NW series because it is the sponsors that want them in there. They know they get the biggest bang for their buck with them in there.
08-10-2010, 08:11 PM
That's the bad thing about it every team & nascar want money NW is suppose to be for developmental drivers, they do still have other leagues. Oh well I love seeing Joey race specially in NW since he has a better opportunity to win, the Kevin Harvick's, Carl Edward's, and Kyle Busch's that just dominate every race, and Brad but I think he should be allowed in the series, get very annoying and that makes NW races boring for me.