Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway - Race Talk
06-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway - Race Talk
A FORMER WINNER: For the second-straight week, Joey Logano comes into race weekend with an added advantage – the confidence of being a former race winner at the track. Logano won last year’s Pure Michigan 400, notching his first Sprint Cup Series win for Team Penske. During the weekend, Logano also established a new track record of 203.949 mph, while winning the pole for the event.

THE START OF A BUSY MONTH: Logano will probably not remember what his home in Cornelius, NC will look like after the month of June. Logano will spend little time at home, beginning this week. Logano will visit New York City on Monday for a media tour, spend Tuesday and Wednesday testing in Chicago and on Thursday he’ll visit Ford headquarters in Dearborn before heading to MIS.

DOUBLE DUTY AGAIN: Logano will again be pulling double duty at Michigan, racing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on Saturday afternoon. Michigan is a place where he is a former NASCAR Nationwide Series winner as well, winning in 2012.

FORD RACING PRIDE: Logano will join the rest of the Ford Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series drivers at Ford headquarters on Thursday afternoon. Logano will get to tour the facilities, learn about new products and, his personal favorite, and drive some of the newest models on the Ford test track.

Quote:IS IT HARD WHEN YOU ARE SO BUSY TO STAY FOCUSED ON THE UPCOMING WEEKENDS?

“It can be, but you just try as hard as possible to give yourself as much downtime as you can. They do a good job as well to try and make the travel as easy on you as possible. Thankfully, we have a couple of wins under our belt and we aren’t sitting there looking for wins and feeling the pressure of that. We can focus on just going out there and getting more wins and running the best we can and focusing on things to learn for the Chase. A lot of the busy time during the next month is testing, and you can always learn something doing a little testing.”

HOW DO YOU FEEL LOOKING BACK ON YOUR FIRST WIN FOR ROGER PENSKE LAST YEAR AT MICHIGAN?

“It was huge. It was a big deal for sure. I wanted to win so badly and I felt we were close a bunch of times before that. I wanted to prove to Roger and (crew chief) Todd (Gordon) and the guys on the team that they made the right decision in bringing me over here. It also proved to me that I could do it. And that has showed this year. We kept that confidence over the off-season and we have kept it going into this year. So you can look back at that win and I feel a lot of it started in Michigan last year. Hopefully years from now, we can say that was the first of many, many wins for Roger Penske.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-17-2014)
06-13-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway - Race Talk
Starting 9th. Lets dial it in tomorrow
Find all posts by this user
06-15-2014, 08:08 PM
More laps led today, I'm thinking this team will be strong in the next Michigan race
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2014, 05:48 PM
That race went strangely like the June race last year, even the same finish.....

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
06-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Good bounceback after Pocono. He will be solid at Pocono and MIS in the next races. Hope he is strong at Loudon, be there in a few weeks in person!