Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quicken Loans 400 - Race Talk
06-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Quicken Loans 400 - Race Talk
Quote:MICHIGAN WAS THE TRACK YOU GOT YOUR FIRST WIN AT FOR TEAM PENSKE. HOW IMPORTANT OF A PLACE IS IT TO YOU AND RP?

“Obviously, maybe outside of Indy and Daytona for the 500, it’s one of the most important places for us as a company. We are right there in the backyard of Ford, so to win at Michigan means a lot to them. With all of the car companies right there, you want to have bragging rights. And with Roger owning Michigan in the past, that makes it even more special to him. After winning there in 2013, the place holds a special meaning to me as well. We set a new record in qualifying that day, led a bunch of laps and then ended up passing Mark Martin for the win. That was pretty cool. We had a great car and to pull into victory lane and see all of my guys celebrating our first win together was pretty cool. I feel like that really put this 22 team on the map that we would be contenders.”

The Car:
[Image: C22582XSHJL-1.jpg]

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes jlogano22's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-14-2015)
06-12-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: Quicken Loans 400 - Race Talk
Car seems to be fast this weekend. P2 in practice.

Cheering on: Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, JH Nemechek, Justin Allison, Will Power, Hélio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Lewis Hamilton, and Bruno Senna.
[-] The following 1 user Likes racefan22's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-14-2015)
06-14-2015, 12:35 AM
Good race today, Saturday, Joey was flying like a "Bat out of Hell" and guess which Devil did him in again,,,,,yup Happy Harvick,,,,that Turd !!!!! Go Sunday !!!! gws
06-14-2015, 04:02 AM
Yeah, what the hell is it with Harvick. Some kinda crush on Logano. Getting real old. Joey owned that race. And the few fans the idiot Busch has made it sound like he dominated the race, he DID NOT. They all luck into them now and then, but as usual the arrogant Busch will never concede that. I remember a few years ago in Joey won big time and Busch came in second he was very disrespectful to his wife and to Joey. He said something to the effect of well "yeah, but I get to go to my trailer and be with my wife, wink wink". How insulting. Meaning Joey wasn't "getting any" that night, but he was. Nasty stuff.

Also getting tired of the Penske boys singing praises to everyone including their boss to any Chevy win. Not once have I seen Roger accept accolades without bringing other names into his victory speech. Not telling the Captain how to do his job, but no other team provides that courtesy. Just keep it Ford Roger, your team deserved that bit of specialness when they win keep the limelight on them! It always seems like he doesn't think he deserves it, imo..makes me crazy. Joey is too nice. I remember a few years ago Martin TJ "longtime girlfriend" and no talent brother Ryan ripped Logano via "tweets". Joey ever the sweet guy tweeted congrats for Martin's 3rd win in 12 years. Yahoo! He tweeted congrats to Kyle today, a very lucky win and you know Kyle will not and will never do the same. Joey is truly a too nice of guy! Go get your win tomorrow! You deserved it today, take it tomorrow! Sorry, had to get that off my chest...Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kelly's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-15-2015)
06-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Well we stole a 5th place but we will take it. Good time for an off week. Need some more power in those Fords.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-15-2015)
06-15-2015, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 07:40 PM by racefan22.)
I definitely saw improvement in the pace of the 2 & 22 this weekend. They improved from 10-15th place cars to 5-7th place cars. There is still room for improvement, but I didn't see the lack of pace that Team Penske has had throughout the year so far. They aren't even close to winning cars, but there has been significant improvement.

Great job by Blaney as well. That car was much better than the finish shows. They just got caught by strategy and rain.

Cheering on: Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, JH Nemechek, Justin Allison, Will Power, Hélio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Lewis Hamilton, and Bruno Senna.