Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quaker State 400 - Race Talk
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Quaker State 400 - Race Talk
Quote:YOU’VE HAD A LOT OF SUCCESS AT KENTUCKY IN NXS, BUT HAVEN’T TRANSLATED THAT OVER TO THE CUP CAR. CAN YOU DO IT THIS WEEKEND?

“I feel like in the last couple of years, I’ve gotten better at Kentucky. I feel like I’m just maturing more and I’m learning more what we need at this track in the Cup cars. Of course, they changed a couple of years ago and I feel like that is when I hit on some things at the track. But this again, they are going to change this year with the new aero package, so I really have no idea what it’s going to be like. I’ve talked to Brad about the new package because he got a chance to test it, but it will be different on this track and with more cars around. I’m looking forward to running it and seeing if it makes the racing better.”

The Car:

[Image: original]

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: Quaker State 400 - Race Talk
It's early, but it looks like the lower downforce is helping who I thought it would - the former dirt racers and those who like loose cars. I'm not the least bit surprised to see Larson and Gordon near the top.

It may just be their ability at the track, but BK and Logano seem to be fast with this new package. However, as I said before, they both are very good at Kentucky, so I wonder how much of their speed is actually related to the new package.

Cheering on: Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, JH Nemechek, Justin Allison, Will Power, Hélio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Lewis Hamilton, and Bruno Senna.
07-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Good run, just too loose

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
07-11-2015, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 11:31 PM by racefan22.)
This race was by far the best of 2015. The lower downforce setups really made for great racing. If there was one thing that I would change about it though, is to get rid tapered spacers. The racing would be even better with the higher horsepower. They may even be able to chase down the leader better with this package and higher HP.

The one thing that I'm concerned about is JGR making up 4 of the top 5. Once again, I think higher horsepower will help make sure no one team is too good.

Overall, I liked what I saw. I'm looking forward to Indy to see how the higher drag setup works.

As for Team Penske, this was their best race since 2014. Logano had a legitimate shot at winning. That hasn't happened since Daytona. I noticed during his interview, that he seemed disappointed and frustrated with finishing second. Earlier this year he probably would have been ecstatic. There has been significant improvement. Hopefully they can run well with the normal setup.

Cheering on: Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, JH Nemechek, Justin Allison, Will Power, Hélio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Lewis Hamilton, and Bruno Senna.
07-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Overall a pretty good race, pleasantly surprised by Team Penske's performance tonight. Close to a win, and now onto Loudon!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Great race and love the racing. On to my home track Loudon. Will be there cheering our boy
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
Vermont#1Fan (07-16-2015)
07-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Yes, me too!!!!! 3 Days in a row,,,,Frday Sat & Sun. wooo woooo