Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phantom Cautions
10-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Phantom Cautions
Alright since last sundays race there has been a lot of talk about "phantom cautions" thrown at the end of the race by Nascar for no reason other then to create an exciting finish. Well first of all not all cautions have to be about Car debris, for instance lets look at other dangers to the drivers

1. Candy Bar wrappers, could fly onto windshield and provide a distraction long enough to turn the wheel, go into the fence and cause the car to explode on impact!

2.Diapers : Nascar always promotes a "family atomsphere" well all parents know when you gotta go you gotta go and unforunatley not all "debris" from babies stays in the diaper.

3.Pizza Boxes: Easily catches in the wind and could fly into cars and knock the driver out cold!

4.Bubble gum wrapper: Very Dangerous, could find it's way into the grooves of the tires which would disrupt the ballace and cause the car to go into the stands and catch fire! = not good

5.Lint: easily the number one most no detectied and misunderstood cause of cautions, Lint can do so many things that can cause serious and sometimes fatal injuries, for example: A peice of lint to the drivers eye could empare his/her vision long enough for them to crash into another car and cause the both of them to send into orbit and eventually crash into the sun and end the world as we know it! lint could also get swallowed by a driver causing them to choke and lose control of the car which in turn could cause the driver to slam into the wall and cause an earth quake!..

So when ever you think Nascar is throughing "phantom Cautions" please remember all Cautions not just the so called wrecks and big ones because sometimes the small undetectiable ones are the most dangerous

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2009, 03:06 AM
RE: Phantom Cautions
Nobody knows how to react lol

10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Believe this, Nascar does do this. Not all the time but Nascar is dirty.
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Whenever there is a long green flag run, you can always count on a debris caution to come out.... sadly I think they do it to keep the race "entertaining" and get another double file restart shootout style going, LOL.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Poor Kasey...ugh. I was so upset.
A lot of drivers suffer from these Phantom Cautions. Though, I do understand it to a point. Car parts will rip tires. Water bottles on the track. That's very understandable. But, really. Please don't throw out cautions to make it exciting. We wouldn't be NASCAR fans if we thought racing was boring. And this only creates havoc for the drivers.
10-17-2009, 10:31 PM
hahaha
10-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh boy...hahaha!

[Image: sidney1.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I couldnt agree more with all of you. I think they are dumb and possibly dangerous but I also see NASCARs point.
10-22-2009, 06:04 AM
i saw a plastic bag in the shot when jeff was racing jimmie i was like come on go on the 48 please! just so he has to pit
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
So with #2 the diapers...how on earth do they catch that?
11-04-2009, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2009 03:59 AM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
(11-02-2009 11:05 PM)AndiClemmens Wrote:  So with #2 the diapers...how on earth do they catch that?

Nascar has camera's and also highly trained minature dachshunds that live under each track and they pick up any un wanted smells. Geeze don't you guys know anything! GOD.
Did anybody catch the paper caution during the Nationwide race at Memphis, they threw a caution for debris for what turned out to be a crumpled peice of paper lol...i don't know why everyone was complaining, i mean if that gets in the drivers eyes watch out! lol