Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 6, 2010 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
10-26-2010, 07:58 PM
O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 6, 2010 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
NASCAR Broadcast Schedule

SPEED 11|05|10 10 a.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge practice
SPEED 11|05|10 11:40 a.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge final practice (TV at 1:30 p.m.)
SPEED 11|05|10 6:35 p.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge qualifying
ESPN2 11|06|10 Noon O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge

Car to be Driven

Gran Turismo 5 GameStop Toyota

[Image: Gran+Turismo+5+Car+Preview.jpg]

Videos From the Weekend

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
RE: O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 6, 2010 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
I am going to have to DVR this race. Going to be bringing my nephew to NH to see his Father and we are heading to a Bruins game......
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2010, 12:03 AM
RE: O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 6, 2010 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
No TV for qualifying this week on Nationwide Sad
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
That stinks. Was hoping to catch it Friday night. Oh well.
11-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Never watch qualifying being the time on the tv is a few minutes behind. So no big deal here..
11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
GameStop Racing has updated the car that will be run this weekend, Gran Turismo 5 is going to be on the hood this weekend!
11-03-2010, 11:40 PM
That stinks i always try to watch Joey's qual run on tv UGH that is stupid!

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Go Joey !!!!!
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
oh so thats what happened to the gt5 car

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
11-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Update: there will be qualifying, NASCAR.COM has it wrong, just checked the http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/ and its listed to air! Big Grin

Check out their error below.

[Image: nascarBroadcastError.jpg]
11-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Added qualifying run video
11-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:How was your race today?
“When we started the race we weren’t very good at all and we were running about eighth or ninth I think there for a little bit. We did a good job to get the car good. The best we could make was a fourth-place car. We tried with everything we could do with the GameStop Toyota, we just really wanted to get GameStop in victory lane here since it’s kind of their hometown here. I wanted to do that for them, but we came up a little short. We kind of knew when the race started that we weren’t going to be great and was really going to try to have to work hard in this thing and try to get it close. This is as close as we got. We were a fourth-place car at best and that’s where we finished. It’s disappointing, but at the same time at least we didn’t do worse.”

Did you think Carl Edwards jumped the final restart?
“I have no idea. I just went when I did. I don’t know. I saw him (Carl Edwards) go and I went. I couldn’t see the marks because I was behind Kyle (Busch) there so I didn’t see the marks there on the restart. I didn’t see it and I went with all I had anyway.”
11-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Joey Logano O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge Photos

[Image: Gran+Turism+5+Car+in+Garage+Area.jpg]
[Image: Gran+Turismo+5+Car+Hood.jpg]
[Image: In+the+corner.jpg]
[Image: Next+to+car.jpg]
[Image: Qualifying.jpg]
[Image: During+practice+at+Texas.jpg]
[Image: Gran+Turismo+5+at+Texas.jpg]
[Image: During+Qualifying.jpg]
[Image: Talkin+with+Ricky+Stenhouse+Jr.jpg]
[Image: Prior+to+Race.jpg]
[Image: On+Grid+before+the+Race.jpg]
[Image: Getting+Ready+for+the+Race.jpg]
[Image: Racing+Harvick.jpg]
[Image: Gran+Turismo+Pit+Stop.jpg]
[Image: Gran+Turismo+5+GameStop+Car.jpg]
[Image: In+Garage.jpg]
[Image: Gran+Turismo+-+Welcome+to+Texas.jpg]
[Image: Logano+at+Texas.jpg]
[Image: Joey+Logano+at+Texas.jpg]
[Image: Logano+Talkin+with+Ricky+Stenhouse+Jr.jpg]
[Image: On+Track+At+Texas.jpg]
[Image: Under+Yellow.jpg]
[Image: Logano+having+fun+at+Texas.jpg]
[Image: Joey+getting+ready.jpg]
[Image: Racing.jpg]
[Image: Close+up+of+Gran+Turismo+5+Car.jpg]
[Image: Pitstop+Side+View.jpg]
[Image: Gran+Turismo+5+car+prerace.jpg]
11-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Neat Photos. What is the thingy Joey is putting on his heel? Some kind of protection? gws
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
(11-08-2010 11:26 AM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  Neat Photos. What is the thingy Joey is putting on his heel? Some kind of protection? gws
All drivers are required to wear them. It protects there feet from the heat of the engine. Smile
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:Joey Logano Thoughts:

“We had a decent GameStop Toyota today, but we didn’t have a car that could win the race. We had about a fourth-place car and that is what we got out of it, which is really too bad, because I wanted to get into Victory Lane for GameStop. This is their home track, and I want to get them a victory here and celebrate with them. We really improved this year at Texas because this has never been one of my better tracks. I got a second and fourth here this year, so we are getting better.

“We just were junk early in the race. The car wasn’t acting right and we were really loose. But (Kevin) Kidd had built in a lot of adjustments into the setup, and we started taking swings. We took a really big swing on the second stop, and it seemed to work. We almost went too far. But the car started coming to me the longer we ran, and we started picking of spots. There with about 60 to go or so, we made a couple of other adjustments and the car got dialed in. We got it the best that we were going to really. We were just lacking some speed. I couldn’t really think of many other adjustments we needed to make to make the car handle any better. We just needed a little more speed.

“We also finished ahead of the (No.) 33 and gained some points on them in the owner’s standings. That was one of our goals coming into today was to finished ahead of them and get this GameStop Toyota back into third place in the owner’s standings. So we accomplished that goal, which was good. Now, we just need to work on getting a victory at this track. I think it’s coming though.”

Kevin Kidd Quotes:

“It was a solid day for our GameStop Toyota, but we aren’t completely satisfied because we weren’t a car capable of winning the race. We were a solid car, but not a winning car, and that is what we strive to be on every weekend. All-in-all, it was a top-five finish and we made up some points in the owner’s championship, so I would say it was a good day.

“I’m really proud of Joey and of the whole team for not giving up today. We didn’t have a very good car early, but Joey fought for every spot he could on the track, and the guys made great pit stops. On the first run, we had to put a spring rubber in the left rear, and we only lost one position in the pits. That was a great stop there. We made some adjustments, got the car better and our finished showed it. While I’m not satisfied, we definitely improved from the start of the day to the finish. And it’s not a bad thing when you can’t be fully satisfied with a top-five finish. That just goes to show the competitiveness of Joey and all of our guys. We’ll keep working on it and hopefully get this car in Victory Lane in one or two of the final races of the year.”

11-08-2010, 06:09 PM
More photos were added
11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Another solid run for the gamestop boys!. I sooo want that game!

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]