Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 3, 2012 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Star O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 3, 2012 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
NASCAR Broadcast Schedule

SPEED 11|02|12 2 p.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge practice
SPEED 11|02|12 6 p.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge final practice
SPEED 11|03|12 4 p.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge qualifying
ESPN 11|03|12 7 p.m. O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge

Sponsor - NASCAR The Game: Inside line/GameStop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 3, 2012 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
10-31-2012, 09:48 PM
RE: O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge - November 3, 2012 - Texas Motor Speedway Race Talk
Quote:Joey Logano Quotes: “Three more races to go this season, and it’s pretty exciting to head back to Texas. That place is pretty special because of its relationship with my sponsor GameStop. They have been with me for so long and I haven’t been able to get them a win yet at the track, so that is my main goal this weekend. We had a great car at Charlotte a few races ago and we can take a lot of what we learned there and apply it to Texas. I feel like we’ve really stepped up our 1.5-mile program and hopefully that shows this weekend at Texas. I’ve won the pole there, I’ve led laps there and I’ve got a bunch of top fives. Now, we just need to win there.

“Texas is tough. It’s very bumpy, and it takes a well handling car. The key is to come right off the trailer pretty close and then just have to make minor adjustments to the car as the weekend goes on. Plus, we are racing at night and we do all of our practice during the day, so that can be tricky too. You might have a car that handles well during practice, but things change a lot at night. So you have to be able to build some adjustability into the car. I feel like that was what we struggled with the most in the last race at Kansas, so I think we will have that figured out this weekend. I’m excited to get back in the car. I feel like I have a good shot at winning at least two of these last three Nationwide Series races. And hopefully that will start this weekend.”

From the Pit Box:

Adam Stevens Quotes: “Texas is tricky. The tire combination means that the tires will fall off quite a bit. We practice in the afternoon and race in the evening and the changing track conditions make getting the balance right a challenge. The drivers tend to really earn their money here. The place is tough, and it is fast. With the way these Nationwide cars are set up with the tapered-spacer, you don’t come off of the throttle much, especially if you have a good handling car. Visually watching the cars reminds me why I’m not a driver with the bumps and relatively low grip – these guys have their hands full at Texas. I know Joey’s best finish there is second, and we struggled in the spring race. I think we can improve on previous results and challenge for the win.”
10-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Thoughts on the paint scheme this week?
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
(10-31-2012 09:48 PM)Jean Wrote:  Thoughts on the paint scheme this week?

Very bad.
Find all posts by this user
10-31-2012, 11:01 PM
a little boring

though at least this time the nascar game scheme is ACTUALLY a new scheme

nascar 09 & nascar the game 2011 were both the normal GS scheme with a new hood

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
11-02-2012, 11:16 PM
hopefully this goes better then the april NW race................

11-03-2012, 02:48 PM
The car looks better on track
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
You guys just hear that cock comment by Hamlin? I am pretty sure he dissed Joey on his interview about how their two feels for the car are so different, the cars aren't set up the same way but Joeys set up is really good for the Nationwide series? To the common person that may have been a nice compliment but he cocky smirk and knowing Joey and Denny don't get a long, I believe he was being an ass. If I am wrong, correct me.... Thank God only 3 more with this organization
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (11-03-2012)
11-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, you can watch Joey's onboard on nascar.com's Race Buddy
11-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:Logano’s Post-Race Thoughts:

“Man, what a disappointing end to a race. If you would have asked me with about 70 laps to go, I would have told you that we were going to win this thing. When we had that long green-flag run going, we were the fastest car on the track. With the clean air, we were catching the 33 (Harvick). After what we thought would be the last pit stop, Harvick started pulling away, but we were a long-run car. I thought if it went green the rest of the way, we were going to be sitting pretty. Unfortunately the caution came out and that was the beginning of the end for us.

“After that, we just fought a really loose car. There was nothing I could do with it, especially in dirty air. And then we had another caution late and there was no reason for us to come in because we didn’t have any tires left. But the guys that had stayed out earlier all came in and they just whipped by us because we were too loose and they had way better tires than us. So after that, we were just holding on for those last 20 or 30 laps. It’s just unfortunate because I thought we had a really good car, but the way the race played out, we just had to settle for what we got. We’ve got two more shots to win races and I think we can win those final two races.”
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
(11-03-2012 05:05 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  You guys just hear that cock comment by Hamlin? I am pretty sure he dissed Joey on his interview about how their two feels for the car are so different, the cars aren't set up the same way but Joeys set up is really good for the Nationwide series? To the common person that may have been a nice compliment but he cocky smirk and knowing Joey and Denny don't get a long, I believe he was being an ass. If I am wrong, correct me.... Thank God only 3 more with this organization

huh i missed that

i was laughing at his comments about dillion

11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Dillon comments were funny, no doubt. His Joey comments were Pre-race
11-04-2012, 08:00 PM