Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Notes From the Road with Joey Logano: Richmond, VA
09-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Notes From the Road with Joey Logano: Richmond, VA
This is from a special blog entry on HomeDepot.com Some pretty neat stuff in his post.

Quote:It was a great weekend for The Home Depot Team, from start to finish. I landed in Richmond, Va., and headed straight to the store appearance in Mechanicsville.

Each store appearance has “unique” things that set each one apart. One of the questions fans and the media often ask me is “what is the strangest thing you have ever signed?” Well, Mechanicsville officially gave me an answer. A gentleman walked up to the table, popped off his prosthetic leg, put it on the table and asked me to sign it. If everyone around me wasn’t laughing, it could have become very awkward but it turned out to be hilarious.

As the autograph session wound down, I went outside to the see the fireman and fire truck that was set up outside the store. The guys gave me a tour of the truck and tempted me to take it for a spin! I told them I always wanted to drive the one where you steer from the back of it. Then, a store associate from New York, who is also a firefighter, presented me with the most amazing hand painted store apron. It was a tribute to 9/11 and his station. The guys actually hung it on the sign board in my pit stall on Saturday, maybe that’s what brought me good luck!

The race itself went much better than we all expected. I qualified sixth for the race, which was my best effort there for sure. Racing under the lights on a Saturday night always adds more excitement. We struggled through the first part of the race a little bit, but The Home Depot crew and my crew chief Greg Zipadelli fixed the car up.

Over the final 100 laps of the race we were consistently one of the fastest cars on the track. We fought from 17th back up to the fourth position to earn a top-five finish. In fact, all three Joe Gibbs Racing cars finished in the top five. It was a great night for the entire organization.

Today I am off to Homestead, FL, for a tire test for Goodyear. It’s supposed to be really hot there. On Thursday we fly to Loudon, N.H. Even though my first Cup win was there, I can’t seem to get a good feel for the track. It’s probably the track I want to run the best at because I consider it my home track growing up in Connecticut. Hopefully we can carry the momentum from Richmond to New Hampshire.

In a couple of weeks I will become a homeowner for the first time. It is a little nerve racking and crazy to think about it. The good news for me is that I’ve spent so much time with store associates over the last two years that I know whenever I have questions about anything I have a place to go! At upcoming appearances I may sneak away and spend some time in the store talking to the paint department, kitchen and bath departments and flooring departments to get ideas on projects for my house. They are the best in the business.

That’s all for now, hopefully we will run well this weekend and make you all proud!

Source: http://ext.homedepot.com/community/blog/...chmond-va/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Vermont#1Fan (09-15-2010)
09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
RE: Notes From the Road with Joey Logano: Richmond, VA
Any idea which town Joey is going to be living in? Will this be his first time away from parents and on his own?
Gail.Vermont#1Fan
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2010, 06:02 PM
(09-15-2010 11:21 PM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  Any idea which town Joey is going to be living in?

Nope, that's all he wrote.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I cant believe he bought a house....lol

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
Find all posts by this user