Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Points system?
01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
New Points system?
Rumor has it that Nascar will scrap the current points system for a more simple method where the race winner gets 43 points and every drive down gets one point less all the way to the 43rd position who would get 1 point.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2011, 01:04 AM
RE: New Points system?
If they do implement the new system, what I wonder is, what the points would of looked like in the previous 5 years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2011, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 01:26 AM by Sandeep Banerjee.)
It seems much easier to keep track of during a race since their running position is the same as the points they'll score, give or take any bonus points. Bonus points for leading a lap need to be done away with, only keep bonus points for winning and for leading most laps as those two mean something.
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Well there is going to be a lot of changes and the fans shouldn't complain about them, as long as fans stop going to or watching races Nascar is going to find a way to bring the fans back and improve the product so its the fans fault, if you want them to stop making changes start watching more races!

01-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Now i'm hearing that the fans are turned off by the potential new points system...of course they are!!! i have never seen a group of people (Nascar fans) who complain more, un friggin real. This system would be easier for all of you!!! OMG really? first of all why complain? its a points system, in the end its all about passing the next car and getting the best possible finish. Even if they changed the chase and went back to the old format, got rid of the top 35 rule and did all kind of other things that fans would want, it still wouldn't be enough because the reality of it is most Nascar fans just like to bitch and they would just find something else to bitch about.

01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
im kind of interested to see how this all plays out. mike helton is supposed to make an official announcement pretty soon.
01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Whatever way it goes, we just will remain loyal fans and keep plugging for Joey.....gws
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Nascar is looking to get the 18-35 range and will do what it takes to get those fans back. This new system is easy to understand and to the casual fan makes it easy to track throughout a race, championship, etc. I love the rule of taking the top 10 after 26 races and then the next 2 who have won the most races through 26 that are not in the chase. That makes winning as important as consistency. Again another good component to have these guys race throughout the day. I am anxious to see if they still give bonus points for leading a lap and most laps. I am a fan of points for the most laps but leading a lap has become too easy IMO. Make racing the important and staying out an extra lap on fuel, under caution etc is not racing IMO. I want those guys digging for the most laps as that additional point will be helpful.
Whatever happens with the points not all fans will be happy and it is what it is. I am devout and love watching the 20 car so go Joey
01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Good evaluation,,,,sounds like a PLAN !!!!!!! gws
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Love the way the points are now. Makes both consistency and winning extremely important. I am glad they didn't do the elimination thing in the chase and I think the q-time procedure is awesome as well. Nascar has listened to the fans and made a good move with these changes.