Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New/Old Rear Spolier
01-09-2010, 10:49 AM
New/Old Rear Spolier
Well, Nascar is going to go back to the old spolier and discontinue penalizing for bump drafting and going under the yellow line. While Nascar says this will bring better racing (that is an entire whole other subject) how do you folks thinks this affects Joey?
Most certainly Joey was just getting used to these cars and now something different comes along. Not the easiest way for Joey to continue his development.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2010, 02:46 PM
RE: New/Old Rear Spolier
I think this could really help Joey everyone will have to learn the new body of the car with the Spolier, I think he'll do just fine
01-09-2010, 11:25 PM
(01-09-2010 02:46 PM)JoeyLoganoFan Wrote:  I think this could really help Joey everyone will have to learn the new body of the car with the Spolier, I think he'll do just fine

I agree. He has a ton more experience with rear spoilers than with rear wings.

I think the driver it'll hurt will be Johnson.
01-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Joey will be fine because this is a new thing for everyone the spoiler with the COT will be different then it was on the old cars. What made Joey be behind the 8 ball was that he was playing catch up but now there all doing it at the same time and then it's just a question of how figures it out the fastest and we all know what a quick learner Joey is

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
01-16-2010, 12:05 AM
I like Waltrips idea of awarding lap by lap points at Daytona and Dega in order for the drivers to stay aggressive.. the flip side of that is there would probably be only three cars left at the end of those races.

01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
http://www.racintoday.com/archives/13388

If you read Jeff Gordon's comments about the wing adding total downforce to the car and making it drive better in the turns particularly the middle. Now remember how Joey has compared the driving of the Nationwide car to the Sprint cup car. He said "The Nationwide car is all downforce and no horse power and the Cup cars are all horse power and no downforce" So by adding full downforce to the cup cars should be in Joey's advantage considering how he does with cars that drive with more downforce vs less.

01-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Remembering though the COT is a different animal than the Nationwide car. Boxier, more HP, heavier car and better drivers. This is going to be a challenge but I know Joey is going to do great. It is just a huge challenge to keep adapting to new vehicles.
01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
(01-17-2010 11:01 AM)20forLogano Wrote:  Remembering though the COT is a different animal than the Nationwide car. Boxier, more HP, heavier car and better drivers. This is going to be a challenge but I know Joey is going to do great. It is just a huge challenge to keep adapting to new vehicles.

Well it's something that he's going to have to be good at if he wants to make it because this won't be the last time the car changes not even close. Yes it will be a challenge but it will be that way for everyone. The COT with the spoiler is new to all the drivers which is why i think Joey will be fine. He's learning right alongside everyone else whereas when he came into cup this year all the other drivers had a head start on him in terms of knowing the current cup car.

01-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Picture of the new car.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Looks great in my opinion with the spoiler
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2010, 11:46 PM
It's funny that everyone complained at how bad the cot looked and yet one small change like going to the spoiler and now everyone is happy and apparently the car looks cool now lol.

01-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Certainly CJF these cars will always change. I like the spoiler switch for performance vs. looks. Who cares what they look like just that Joey is behind the wheel!!!
02-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I like Biffles comments during the first test when he said with the spoiler the cars drove a lot like the old cup car which drove a lot like the nationwide car and we have all seen what Joey can do in the Nationwide car. If it had not been for the COT with the wing and how different it is vs the Nationwide car Joey would have been a top 12 car last year easy. If Nascar was still running the old car Joey would have had a year similar to Denny Hamlins rookie season.

02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I really think the spoiler looks so much better than the wing. That's sort of a superficial analysis of the thing, but hey, that's how I roll.
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
It's about time they got rid of that Ricer wing.

"His wife wears the firesuit in the family", Joey on Kevin Harvick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user