Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I have been a Nascar fan for over 10 years now. I was your typical "Just didn't understand racing" type of person. I always thought, "What in the world can someone possibly want to sit on a couch, watching these cars go around and around a track going in the same left turn direction."

My husband, when we were dating still, told me to just pick one car and go with it for that race. I said fine and so I went through the selection of the cars as they continued around and around and around the track. I finally just had a feeling to pick car #2-Rusty Wallace. To my amazement he won the race, and I have been hooked ever since. Well, little did I know that day....that I had picked a fine driver, but one that would not be driving too much longer. I have been in limbo with who I wanted to route for these past couple of years. I have seen rookie after rookie, and finally have found one worthy! JOEY LOGANO!!!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like nascar20's post:
Jean (02-12-2010), Priyanka (02-12-2010)
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
RE: New Member
Welcome!! I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here!! And the good news is that Joey won't be going anywhere for a long time! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes rawrgoeskayla's post:
Jean (02-12-2010)
02-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Welcome nascar20! It's great to have you here! And you've certainly made a great driver pick Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Priyanka (02-12-2010)
02-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Welcome Aboard!!

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Welcome!!
02-12-2010, 10:50 PM
That's such a great story.
My friend and I experienced kind of the same situation. Me (being the silly NASCAR fan I am) forced my friend Katie to sit and watch a race with me. Angrily, she complied and now she keeps asking me when I'm free to watch races with her!
Ahhh. People think it's just left turns. But, when they really watch a race and learn the science and strategy behind it they end up loving it!
Anyways, welcome! Glad to have you here :]
[-] The following 2 users Like Priyanka's post:
Jean (02-12-2010), rawrgoeskayla (02-13-2010)
02-14-2010, 11:02 AM
You're right, Joey is totally worthy! I've had to try to convert so many people to race fans... I just don't understand... NASCAR's so great!
02-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Nascar is great but i have learned that it's pointless to try and convert people. Some people just like things with less action and less excitement.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]