Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help getting ready for race day! (FIRST ONE!)
02-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Need help getting ready for race day! (FIRST ONE!)
Hey everyone! Well... I'm FINALLY going to a race!!!!!! I'm going to the May 16th Sprint Cup Race at Dover!

I am BEYOND excited! But wondering if anyone has any tips? One thing I'm curious about is what radio headset to get? I obviously want one that has the MRN radio on it, but I read that some let you hear the driver radios as well! Anyone have any advice on that?

I'll hopefully be able to get some Joey Logano pictures and put 'em up on here!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like CrossFireXT17's post:
Jean (02-07-2010), Priyanka (02-07-2010)
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
RE: Need help getting ready for race day! (FIRST ONE!)
That's awesome! I haven't been to a race in a long time so I don't remember the specific name for the headset, but there is one that allows you to see video as well as listening to the driver radios/mrn. But if I remember correctly its quite expensive to rent for the day.

And yeah that would be cool if you got some photos to share Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Definitely bring sunscreen, a hat. A small bag to carry stuff in since they just hand stuff out at the races.
Wear your favorite driver's NASCAR shirt :]
Bring some snacks and water.
I also brought a camera.
I didn't get a headset or anything. I just wanted to there in the moment and watch the race. I watched it on TV later as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Priyanka's post:
Jean (02-07-2010)
02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Oh Yes I 100% Agree with Priyanka, Bring Sunscreen and a hat!

You will see alot of sunburned people because they didn't bring sunscreen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes bring a lot of sunscreen. And also i reccomend not talking the day before if you plan on screaming at the top of your lungs. You will have no voice. And I don't like headsets either unlike to be in the moment as priyanka said. I feel it's much better that way. I'd also recommend a pen/sharpie and a notepad... You never know when you may bump into someone worth bumping into! But overall just have a good time. That's most important.
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Wow that is so incredibly exciting! I still look back on my first race (at Talladega) with amazing memories! But I went to that Dover race a couple years ago, and the main thing I remember is that it was BLAZING HOT! Like 100 degrees with no wind. We were in intense pain all day long, so have on tons and tons of sunscreen. Make sure you pack lots of water and not just cokes/beer b/c they aren't too satisfying in hot temperatures (of course, it may not be that hot this year, so take both). Make sure you get there really early that morning so that you can get some of the drivers' autographs! Meeting the drivers is one of the best parts of the races to me! Make sure you have a good long range camera, and post your pictures on here so all of us can see! Mostly just have a LOT of fun, and scream for Joey!!!