Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nationwide withdrawls
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Nationwide withdrawls
I can't wait to see the gamestop Toyota again.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
RE: Nationwide withdrawls
Same Here
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2009, 06:24 PM
ME Too!!

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Dude! that's too much of a tease lol..i want them all and i know you don't sell them lol

Great Job as always!Smile

07-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Okay, I'm just having NASCAR withdrawals. It's been 2 whole weeks since I've seen a NASCAR race on tv. Last week, Joey wasn't racing and on Sunday I got caught up in college apps to watch the race :[ My fault...I know...but, still. I'm upset.
07-30-2009, 09:29 PM
The worst is the off season! Sad
07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh gosh...please don't remind me. I'm a new NASCAR fan. So, I've never been exposed to the off-season and not being able to watch races at all. Ugh. Haha.
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
(07-30-2009 09:29 PM)Jean Wrote:  The worst is the off season! Sad
the off season is the worst! it seems like it goes on forever! they should have year round racing lol and never stop! not really...I guess they need a break lol

[Image: joey-logano-loudon.jpg][Image: joeyLoganoBio_age6.jpg]
07-31-2009, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2009 02:29 PM by Priyanka.)
(07-31-2009 11:21 AM)SlicedBreadFan Wrote:  
(07-30-2009 09:29 PM)Jean Wrote:  The worst is the off season! Sad
the off season is the worst! it seems like it goes on forever! they should have year round racing lol and never stop! not really...I guess they need a break lol

I agree. No breaks. Make all us fans happy :]
Have you seen the Budwiser commercial? Where all of the NASCAR drivers are in the mountains racing. Wow. Now that, would be wicked cool.
07-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Man I hate the off season too. I even hate during the week until Friday or even off weekends.
07-31-2009, 08:40 PM
(07-31-2009 06:12 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Man I hate the off season too. I even hate during the week until Friday or even off weekends.

I know, it really sucks. I spend every week either 1: waiting for the weekend race, and realizing it aint coming til Feb.; 2: begging for snow to come to Chesterfield; or 3: both.
I cant operate without the races. I wake up Monday and go "Uh, what day is it? Well, the guys raced Sunday and that was yesterday, so it's Monday now."
The off week sucked cuz i was lost the whole week! I'm dreading the off-season.

*MJ* Big Grin
07-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Me too. Race days make up my weekends. I make no other plans just so I can watch all the race stuff. My friends tell me all the time that I have no life.
08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Smile RE: Nationwide withdrawls
(07-31-2009 11:25 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Me too. Race days make up my weekends. I make no other plans just so I can watch all the race stuff. My friends tell me all the time that I have no life.
thats what people tell me...and then they go into the usual "well its just cars going in circles, how boring is that"...they just don't understand

[Image: joey-logano-loudon.jpg][Image: joeyLoganoBio_age6.jpg]
08-01-2009, 08:47 PM
(08-01-2009 10:56 AM)SlicedBreadFan Wrote:  
(07-31-2009 11:25 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Me too. Race days make up my weekends. I make no other plans just so I can watch all the race stuff. My friends tell me all the time that I have no life.
thats what people tell me...and then they go into the usual "well its just cars going in circles, how boring is that"...they just don't understand

Oh my god.
You all are talking as if you were me.
THIS EXACT thing happened to me today while watching the race at 4:30 at my friend's house because I didn't want to go home and miss some of it.
She complained and complained for about an hour. Then, I decided to explain some it to her. The strategy behind pit stops, how Brad faked going to pit and the logic behind that. How difficult is it to pass people. The difference between new tires and old tires. Plus...I think he enjoyed the 3 car pileup. I think I atleast got her to stop complaining as much the next time we watch NASCAR together. I still don't think I've fully converted her yet, but I'm getting there :]
08-02-2009, 10:45 AM
(08-01-2009 08:47 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  

Oh my god.
THIS EXACT thing happened to me today while watching the race at 4:30 at my friend's house because I didn't want to go home and miss some of it.
She complained and complained for about an hour. Then, I decided to explain some it to her. The strategy behind pit stops, how Brad faked going to pit and the logic behind that. How difficult is it to pass people. The difference between new tires and old tires. Plus...I think he enjoyed the 3 car pileup. I think I atleast got her to stop complaining as much the next time we watch NASCAR together. I still don't think I've fully converted her yet, but I'm getting there :]

Exactly my friends don't understand how people can sit there for hours and watch cars go in circles. They laugh at me all the time. But Priyanka, atleast you tried and were somewhat successful at getting your friend to watch a race. I have no luck with that at all. Hopefully she becomes a Joey fan too!
08-02-2009, 12:47 PM
(08-02-2009 10:45 AM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  
(08-01-2009 08:47 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  

Oh my god.

Exactly my friends don't understand how people can sit there for hours and watch cars go in circles. They laugh at me all the time. But Priyanka, atleast you tried and were somewhat successful at getting your friend to watch a race. I have no luck with that at all. Hopefully she becomes a Joey fan too!

I'm doing my best! One day maybe...one day.
08-02-2009, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2009 11:15 PM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
I kind of stopped trying to get my friends to watch it. I might show people a bit and tell them why i like it but ultimately it can't be forced the person needs to find that spark, they need to find there own reason to like it. When someone asks me why i like it i list a few reasons for them.

1.Power
2.Speed
3.Unpredictability
4.Passion
5.Fan Access
6.Cool paint jobs/schemes
7.approachable drivers/personalities

Now the absolute number 1 thing you have to have is a Driver. You must have a reason to cheer. That is first and foremost for any fan. Now secondly instead of just watching the race you kind of have to put yourself in there shoes and realize that what they are doing is complete craziness. The have no mirrors so some dude (spotter) has to directed them through traffic at 180 mph. These are all things you have to think of and appreciate and i haven't even gotten into the pit strategy yet! Ever lap there on the edge of wrecking. I think most casual fans don't see this and they just see it as a Sunday drive. This isn't gramma going to the grocery store people! Having trackpass helps too, in car audio is cool. You can't get that kind of fan access in any other sport like you can with Nascar. People just need to open there eyes, i was the same before i finally pulled my head out of the "It's only cars going in circles" butt and look at me now.
There's 43 drivers and 20 of them have a legit shot to win and anything can happen. You can't get that on NFL Sunday it's either one team wins or the other.
...and at Dega and Daytona all of them have a shot!

08-03-2009, 10:47 AM
That is so true, I couldn't have put it better myself.