Poll: What do you think about this idea?
It's a good idea.
It's not a good idea.
It needs some work.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Nationwide/Sprint Cup Talk Threads
05-24-2009, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2009 02:06 PM by Priyanka.)
Question Nationwide/Sprint Cup Talk Threads
I've got a quick suggestion. Don't know what everybody thinks about it yet.

What I'm thinking is that the Nationwide/Sprint Cup Talk Threads get mixed in with the general Joey Logano talk threads. It's hard to locate what races we are currently following for the weekend and what races have passed.

What about creating a new forum under the Joey Logano Message Board for just Race Talks. And leaving the Joey Logano Talk Forum for strictly Joey Logano talk that does not pertain to a specific race.

For example, there are numerous threads created under the Joey Logano Talk Forum about Joey's birthday which is today. I think that it is a good place for them. However, the Lowe's Sprint Cup Talk Thread and Lowe's Nationwide Talk Thread, and previous race talks would be a lot easier to find if they were separated in their own forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2009, 02:37 PM
RE: Nationwide/Sprint Cup Talk Threads
I think It's a good idea, I've been thinking about creating some more organization. Originally when we had the race talks in just one thread for the weekend, that was getting confusing to keep up with Sprint Cup vs Nationwide, as everything was in under one thread. That's why I split it up, and even so it is kinda of confusing.

I agree with splitting up, sprint cup/nationwide series.

I am thinking about doing in this way... "Joey Logano Talk", is renamed "General Joey Logano Talk"

Then two new sections are created, "Joey Logano Sprint Cup Talk", and "Joey Logano Nationwide Talk"

Race threads would go into their respective divisions.

I am thinking that the other sections of the message board need some revising as well. What do you think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I think those are some great Ideas!!!

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
05-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Jean! I like the idea of calling it, "General Joey Logano Talk".

Also, your division of the Nationwide and Sprint Cup talks into separate forums are even more specific than my idea. Do you think it might be too specific?
There will be a whole forum dedicated to the race talks and it'd be quite obvious that the most current Nationwide and Sprint Cup Races are the two most recent posts in the thread. Also, it'd be easier to find the two most current Nationwide and Sprint Cup race talks as they'd be right next to each other on the forum and it will be easy to view one thread to the next.
05-25-2009, 06:37 AM
I think I am starting to get what you mean by "it might be too specific".

On a side note... I think it might be a good idea to establish a set rule on the title names to the race threads. Example: Coca Cola 600 Race Talk. What do you think about that?

I will try to put together a few different re-designs for the organization here in the forum in images, that way we have a visual look at this, and other people can say a few words on this more easily, if they are more of a visual person Big Grin

But in the mean time feel free to give Some suggestions of different Layout Styles and approaches to it, and the forum organization.

I think it's a really great idea that we work on this together, that way, in the future, when we get even more Logano fans in here, everything will be easy to follow and understand. Big Grin And also... so new people seeing the forum for the first time are more inclined to join us Big Grin

Oh... and later this summer I need to seriously improve the front page Big Grin and make it even better! But that one will be a bigger project and more time, hehe. I know it's "good", but it could always be better Wink
05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
More organization never hurts! And it always makes things easier to follow and find.
I really like the idea of, "establishing a set rule on the title names of the race threads". That will take away tons of confusion.
Pictures would also help! It's easy to get confused in all of the computer jargon. Threads vs Forums vs Replies vs Posts. I think a lot more people would participate in the conversation.
I really like the front page of the website. But, to have it more organized always makes things easier.
05-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Here are two options... I have come up with... Could there be too many sections though? Please give some thoughts on which you like.. and the your thoughts.... Pros and cons.... etc.

Please feel free to suggest some modifications.

Option A
[Image: optiona.jpg]

Option B
[Image: optionb.jpg]
05-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Jean I like Option A

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
05-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I like option A as well. It's organized but, not too organized to the point where it's almost difficult to find things. I like it :] Great job, Jean!
Under Option B, you've created a Race Threads forum...and if it's supposed to include talk about current races, wouldn't that fall into the most current thread in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup forum?
05-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Alright we will try Option A for now, and we will make adjustments in the future as needed Smile just like the drivers have to keep making adjustments, I am sure we will have to make some more adjustments as we grow as a community Smile

My biggest fear is always creating too many sections, as that can be really hard to follow. But I think for now... with the number of people we have in the forum we should be okay with the new setup.