Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NASCAR Hall Of Fame and Joe Gibbs Racing
05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
NASCAR Hall Of Fame and Joe Gibbs Racing
So, as you all may know. The NASCAR Hall of Fame opened on May 11th. In roughly 5 weeks I will be making the lovely 12 hour drive down to Charlotte to see the Hall of Fame and make a stop at Joe Gibbs Racing. I plan to max out my camera with pictures if at all possible and share them with you guys because you all are too amazing not to share them with!! I'll keep you guys updated for sure!

But what are your thoughts on the Hall of Fame? Has anyone seen stuff about the opening ceremony?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like rawrgoeskayla's post:
Jean (05-17-2010), Priyanka (06-29-2010), Vermont#1Fan (05-27-2010)
05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
RE: NASCAR Hall Of Fame and Joe Gibbs Racing
i thought the opening ceremonies were TERRIFIC! i didnt get to see much of it sense i was at school and at my play practice, but i saw the last hour and i thought it was wonderful. a perfect way to shrine NASCAR. hopefully this summer i can drive about 4 hours down to Charlotte myself. Me, my mom and step dad have wanted to go and see all of the shops and go to the HOF and to the track for a couple of years now.

post all of the pics you can! i cant wait to see them!!!!

#20 Joey Logano = Heart
"His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do" Joey about KH Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes loganogirl's post:
Vermont#1Fan (05-27-2010)
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Looking forward to the photos and to hearing how it went! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2010, 11:12 AM
(05-17-2010 06:30 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  So, as you all may know. The NASCAR Hall of Fame opened on May 11th. In roughly 5 weeks I will be making the lovely 12 hour drive down to Charlotte to see the Hall of Fame and make a stop at Joe Gibbs Racing. I plan to max out my camera with pictures if at all possible and share them with you guys because you all are too amazing not to share them with!! I'll keep you guys updated for sure!

But what are your thoughts on the Hall of Fame? Has anyone seen stuff about the opening ceremony?
05-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I enjoyed all of the History of NASCAR and the biogrophies of the inductees. Learned a lot about the whole sport in general. Since Ken Squire lives in my town and I know him well, I especially appreciated the parts that he was involved in, he did broadcasting for many years of the races, 20 years or so. I wouldn't be surprised if he became one of the inductees in the near future, he gave a lot to the sport also. Ken will be at Loudon, maybe he can arrange a meeting with Joey????? wishfull thinking.......GWS Vermont#1Fan
05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
It's nice to see they built a future home for JoeySmile

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
loganogirl (05-31-2010)
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
(05-28-2010 08:59 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  It's nice to see they built a future home for JoeySmile
05-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Canadian: We are 2 and 1/2 hours from Montreal, have visited there many times, LOVE Montreal !!!! Are you anywhere near there? I think there is a race in Montreal in August. Do you think Joey will race in that one? I need to look into that, it is a doable drive. Happy TV watching this weekend, have a few hotdogs inbetween. GWS Vermont #1
05-28-2010, 01:39 PM
(05-28-2010 10:06 AM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  Hi Canadian: We are 2 and 1/2 hours from Montreal, have visited there many times, LOVE Montreal !!!! Are you anywhere near there? I think there is a race in Montreal in August. Do you think Joey will race in that one? I need to look into that, it is a doable drive. Happy TV watching this weekend, have a few hotdogs inbetween. GWS Vermont #1

Hello. I'm actually about 8 hours from Montreal but i have been to the city when UfC came to town the first time. I'm not going to be going to Montreal for Nascar because it's right after Michigan and i will be going there instead. Maybe if Montreal got a cup race too i would consider going more. Joey is going to be racing in Montreal this year, he said so himself and it's on his schedule.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
Vermont#1Fan (05-28-2010)
06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
i loved the ceremonies!!! it was amazin, ill be living like 45 minutes away from it in a monthBig Grin, i was watching race hub and they interviewed the Allison boys, and idk which one said this but prior to Dale Sr. making it into the hall of fame, he said somethng like 'dale was great but had he still been alive he would have not been inducted into the first class. alot more people were deserving' tht wasnt word for word on wht he said but it was kinda like tht. i was likre u hav got some nerve. dale was vvery successful and even if he was still alive he would have been inducted. it was the less successful Allison brother, the one who won less races then his bro. i was like ur one to talk. as u ccan see it got me really mad lol.

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
06-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I leave Saturday for Charlotte and the Hall of Fame!! I'll post pictures ASAP! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like rawrgoeskayla's post:
Jean (06-15-2010), Priyanka (06-29-2010)
06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
(06-15-2010 09:40 AM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  I leave Saturday for Charlotte and the Hall of Fame!! I'll post pictures ASAP! Smile

Awesome, and be sure to tryout the iRacing Simulator, its a blast!
06-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I plan on it!! I hear the whole thing takes 3-4 hours but Ill stay as long as it takes! Smile
06-17-2010, 09:34 PM
oooo thts gonna be sooo cool!!!! have funSmile ill be living 45minutes away from there, hopefully i can see it soon too!

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
06-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Well folks. I am back from the south and sadly things didn't work out and I didn't get to the HOF due to time by I did see Joe Gibbs racing, Michael Waltrip racing, Lake Norman where a lot of the drivers live in huge mansions, and of course Lowes Motorspeedway. That was amazing. I took a tour of the track and did the Richard Petty ride along experience which was absolutely unbelievable. I also stopped on the was and saw the track in Bristol Tennessee. I plan on posting pictures tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Smile
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
(06-25-2010 12:25 AM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Well folks. I am back from the south and sadly things didn't work out and I didn't get to the HOF due to time by I did see Joe Gibbs racing, Michael Waltrip racing, Lake Norman where a lot of the drivers live in huge mansions, and of course Lowes Motorspeedway. That was amazing. I took a tour of the track and did the Richard Petty ride along experience which was absolutely unbelievable. I also stopped on the was and saw the track in Bristol Tennessee. I plan on posting pictures tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Smile

Wow the Richard Petty ride along experience, I definitely need to do that one day, I bet driving on the streets now will never be the same Tongue
06-25-2010, 12:40 AM
No it definitely isn't. And I have so much more overwhelming respect for all the drivers for doing 400 laps when I did 3. But I definitely recommend it at any track that has it cause there are a few!
06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Kayla - I want to take you for your picture text messages along the way!! I loved being updated. I totally wish you got to see Denny or at least his car or something :/ I guess it's for the better though. Had he seen your gorgeous face, he would've dropped on one knee and asked you to marry him like that! Probably not a good idea since you're still young!
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
(06-25-2010 12:40 AM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  No it definitely isn't. And I have so much more overwhelming respect for all the drivers for doing 400 laps when I did 3. But I definitely recommend it at any track that has it cause there are a few!

After you went for the ride along, do you think you'd have the courage to wheel the car the next time? Big Grin