Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My opinion on Joey racing in Cup and in other series
12-02-2009, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2009 06:18 AM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
My opinion on Joey racing in Cup and in other series
There seems to be this love fest with seeing Joey race everything under the sun and why not he wins in every race car except (for now) the Sprint Cup series..and although he does have one win he can't do it on a regular basis like he can in other cars and why is that..because he drives the other cars!. I'm all for watching Joey win races at any level and i do agree that running races in the Nationwide series, truck series, camping world East/West,Arca or whatever might do him well if he's at the track for the first time and it's a companion event of a sprint cup race and he wants added track time to see the layout but it does nothing else besides that. The Cars are so different now that the only purpose that is severved by entering the lower series is to get a visual of the race track and to have a better chance of winning against less competition. As long as Joey is learning he should run as many races in any series as he likes but down the road don't get into the Kyle Busch,Carl Edwards i think i can run everything everywhere mentality. Sliced Bread shouldn't spread himself to thin. You know why Kyle didn't make it and last year Carl couldn't do it? because they burnt themselves out and there focus was in two different garage. Look up how often guys like Jimmie Johnson,Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt win championships because they run little or no races in anything but the Sprint Cup series and if Joey wants to reach the same level as those greats he will have to do the same.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2009, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2009 09:09 PM by rocket20.)
RE: My opinion on Joey racing in Cup and in other series
Tony Stewart runs little or no races outside of Cup??? LOL Apparently, you don't follow his career too closely.

Personally, I don't see anything negative with Joey running in other races and in different types of cars. Especially, the off season. I believe the more the better. It can only sharpen his skills more. The only detriment I can see is when he is at a Cup track running the NNS car, going back and forth. I can see where that would take away from the Cup side. JMO.
12-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I couldn't agree more Gregg. The cars are so different that racing all kinds of cars isn't doing anything but causing him stress he doesn't need. I mean I can see that it may give him an idea of what the track looks like, but for instance, his ARCA car will run differently than his Nationwide car.
12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't think it will hurt nearly as much in the 2010 season if he runs both the Nationwide and Cup Series races at the companion events. Although the Nationwide car and the Sprint Cup car are totally different animals he would be able to see how the track changes throughout the race which will help him in Cup. The only races I think he should run in Nationwide are the companion events, there is no sense in traveling back and forth across the country to run different cars, that will only hurt one or the other, but it for sure won't help both efforts.

I doubt you will ever see Joey in a CWE/W car again except for at Irwindale to run the Showdown. I also doubt you will see him in ARCA or a truck again.
12-03-2009, 12:37 AM
(12-02-2009 11:01 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  I couldn't agree more Gregg. The cars are so different that racing all kinds of cars isn't doing anything but causing him stress he doesn't need. I mean I can see that it may give him an idea of what the track looks like, but for instance, his ARCA car will run differently than his Nationwide car.

LOL. I seriously doubt it causes him extra stress.

Racers.....race.
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2009 04:25 PM by Priyanka.)
Yeah, I completely agree with you, Gregg. Focus on one thing, put everything you got into it, and work hard to achieving it. That's the only way you can get good at it.

(YAY! Post #800!)
12-08-2009, 07:02 AM
(12-03-2009 12:37 AM)rocket20 Wrote:  
(12-02-2009 11:01 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  I couldn't agree more Gregg. The cars are so different that racing all kinds of cars isn't doing anything but causing him stress he doesn't need. I mean I can see that it may give him an idea of what the track looks like, but for instance, his ARCA car will run differently than his Nationwide car.

LOL. I seriously doubt it causes him extra stress.

Racers.....race.

Yes your right they do but there not as successful at the top. Kyle Busch would be a lot better off in terms of the sprint cup series if he wasn't bouncing around from garage to garage. I understand the racers race mentality but find something to do in the off season like The Chilli Bowl or the Snowball derby don't divide your attention all season long. Hey i love watching Joey in the gamestop cars too but i think it's best at a part time 10-15 races, no more then that. Could you imagine if the Saints lost in the super bowl because Drew Brees was tired because he played in some minor league game in but F nowhere? lol

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]