Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My Racing Career
09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
My Racing Career
I am Only 14, But in a few years I want to begin racing in the ASA Late Model South Series. Smile

I want to ask You Guys Questions:

What Do you think of a female racing?

How do yout think guys will react to me racing?

How Well Do you think I will do?

I am really asking you guys fro advice.....I know some fans know more about NASCAR and Othe Series mor than I probably do

Thank You,
Loganogurl12 (Taylor)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2009, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 03:34 PM by rawrgoeskayla.)
RE: My Racing Career
I think a female racing would be awesome. I remeber always telling my parents I wanted to be a race car driver or work in the pits. I mean I admire Danica Patrick. I give girls a lot of credit for racing in a mainly male dominant sport.

It will probably be tough starting out. A lot of teasing or putting you down possibly saying you can't do it, but I think if you stick with and prove that you're just as good as any of the guys, they will back down. Just keep your head up and don't let any of it bother you. You'll have all of us here to support you I'm sure.

I think that you'll start off kind shakey like Joey did but as you get used to the car and tracks it will all come naturally. Being nervous is only natural. You'll be great!
09-11-2009, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 05:38 PM by Priyanka.)
RE: My Racing Career
Hi Taylor!

I think everybody here will be happy to help out with these questions *especially the girls*.

I think that would be great. It's a male dominated sport, but until a girl gets in there and makes her mark, nothing will change. Without action, it'll stay the same. But when you think about it, medicine used to be a male dominated sport as well. Females can be doctors now. Engineering used to be a male dominated sport. Females can do that too. I see no reason why women can't enter the sport.

If I was a guy...I would say, "Wow! That's very cool! I wish I could do what you do."

Well, I'm not quite sure. I don't know your driving style or how well you are doing with your training. But, I think you can achieve anything that you set your mind to. Especially if you will work your hardest for it. And when times are tough remember, even Michael Jordan was kicked off his high school basketball team for being a horrible. But, with practice, he got good. Well, he got REALLY good.

I hope this helps you,
Priyanka