Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Logano out of the 20?
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Logano out of the 20?
Is it possible that Joey has had enough bad luck this season? I can count on 3 fingers that the steering wheel was in Joeys hands with so, so finishes. Other than that, he has had an uncontrollable year of bad luck and disappointments. From engine woes to someone else's screw up. If it was bad news on the track, Joey seemed to be in it. And now with Joey and Zippy not getting along, apparently, it makes you wonder if Zippy is making some of these stupid calls on pit road to sabotage Joey on the track. I sure would like to think not. But it's funny how they got into it during the all-star showdown and runs 3rd in the 600. Then it's back to mediocrity afterwards. I sure hope Zippy wouldn't be so low to do this. But it's obvious he's unhappy at JGR and is ready get back with Tony. We can only hope that Joey is still in the 20 next year with Dave Rogers or Jason Ratcliff. I just think Joey has way to much talent to be running this bad. He can drive the wheels of the car in the NW Series and bombs in Cup. Doesn't make sense to me. All I can say is Earnhardt Jr./Eury Jr./McGrew=bomb seasons in the 88. And with Letarte..running like he should of been all along. Joey needs this change and hopefully before the season ends so Home Depot knows he can still drive like the talent he is. I mean if Zippy is so unhappy, why doesn't he step down, let Ratcliff take over and wait for next season. How do you go from a awesome end of the 2010 season to mediocrity in 2011. Makes no sense at all!
Here's the latest from Fox Sports on Joey. Makes me as a fan a little nervous.
So here goes... Industry sources say sponsor Home Depot has not been pleased with the No. 20 Logano team situation, particularly when it is getting beaten on a weekly basis on the track by Lowe's (with driver Jimmie Johnson) and Menards (with Paul Menard). Edwards is certainly a driver who could save that deal. Joey Logano: J.D. Gibbs appeared to stand by his boy Logano this weekend, but that doesn't mesh with the word on the street. Logano and Home Depot are the worst driver/sponsor marriage since Kasey Kahne and Budweiser. Plus, in the home improvement wars, Jimmie Johnson and Paul Menard outrun Logano on a weekly basis. Moving Logano to Cup was premature. Don't be surprised if at the end of the year "Sliced Bread" turns to toast. In order to keep crew chief Greg Zipadelli from jumping ship to Stewart-Haas Racing to reunite with Tony Stewart, Gibbs better find a wheelman for the seat. Despite Zippy's contract running through 2013, he's not a happy puppy and might just leave anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2011, 05:07 PM
RE: Logano out of the 20?
Joey Logano will be in the 20 for a very long long time.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
if anyone listenes to Joey's radio during a race they would know that 99.9 percent of this is not his fault. The motors either blow up or bad calls are made on pit road. Joey is fine, stop panicing

06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Just a reminder about what happened back in 2008. Larry McReynolds said that Joe Gibbs himself told Larry Mac, Mike Joy, and D.W. that Tony would be driving for JGR for many years to come. And then 2009 came and guess who's driving. Our man, Joey Logano. So you can't always believe what you see or hear. Especially when it's not to your liking. Just saying. [/php]
06-21-2011, 11:35 PM
yes but Tony left by his own choice because he started his own team had that not happened Tony would still be in the 20 today

06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
I dont know if joey will be in the 20. I dont think Home Depot will stay with him. I do know he stays at jgr and I think Gamestop moves up. Time will tell but I think people need not too worry about Joey being in cup though it pussrs me off having to buy new merchandise lol
07-09-2011, 11:28 PM
I am convinced Zippy is out to get Joey!
07-18-2011, 12:57 PM
After seeing things first thing this weekend be very weary about buying too much HD stuff unless you want it as a souvenir. I believe Edwards is already signed with JGR.
07-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Looking like a new number as well for Joey.
07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
quit talkin out your arse..lol

07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
i need hard evidence

07-18-2011, 09:23 PM
if they had to change i would like to see them somehow get number 10

07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Lol, just sayin but I would like to see 10 as well. It's available! Should see the hard evidence soon CJF.
07-25-2011, 07:26 AM
From what I have gathered, it will be an orange Home Depot scheme with a TBD number and Logano will move to a 4th car with #20, sponsor TBD. The 99 won't go with Carl unless Jack gives up the rights to it, which I doubt he will do just for spite.

Home Depot is essentially tired of running at the back and not getting as much exposure as Lowe's. Carl is good with sponsors and fans, and that's what Home Depot wants. Not to mention Carl is more believable as the Home Depot guy, Joey is just too young for their home DIY image. Joey would be ideal for Red Bull though...hmmm
07-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I would rather Joey keep the 20 but I feel HD will want to keep that number. 99 won't come over and I don't think it's spite with Jack and Carl as it was with Jack and Kurt. I think Carl wants too much and Jack has Ricky and Trevor to fill it so I think it's more mutual. I hate silly season affecting Joey but it is what it is. We all know HD took a chance on Joey and it didn't go the way they hoped. Not sure why they exited so quickly knowing Joeys inexperience coming to Cup but we all know this is a performance based business and sponsors front all the cash and want results so Joey really was in a very tough position. All i know is Joey has the most points accumulated in the last 5 weeks so he is beating the Lowes car! JJ has beaten every team for the last 5 years so I don't see other sponsors jumping their driver lol
07-25-2011, 09:00 PM
(07-25-2011 07:26 AM)Red Bull Racing Wings Wrote:  From what I have gathered, it will be an orange Home Depot scheme with a TBD number and Logano will move to a 4th car with #20, sponsor TBD. The 99 won't go with Carl unless Jack gives up the rights to it, which I doubt he will do just for spite.

Home Depot is essentially tired of running at the back and not getting as much exposure as Lowe's. Carl is good with sponsors and fans, and that's what Home Depot wants. Not to mention Carl is more believable as the Home Depot guy, Joey is just too young for their home DIY image. Joey would be ideal for Red Bull though...hmmm

How does this affect existing NOS sponsorship at JGR? I know they are Nationwide but usually drinks don't like competing for air time at same organization. Just food for thought...
07-26-2011, 12:08 AM
No offense to anyone ,,,,,, but,,,,I hope all you "naysayers" are wrong !!!!! gws
07-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Vermontfan,
I dont want to be right as I said I have invesred a lot into merchandise and at HD because of Joey but what I know this is as done as done is. Sorry for all of us
07-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Here's what i don't get, they keep saying how Home Depot is tired of losing to lowes the last 5 years..Well in the last five years how many times has Carl Edwards beaten the lowes car in the final standings..and for that matter wasn't there a year in there he didn't even make the chase? not to mention that Joey wasn't even racing for 3 or those 5 years..just sayin.

07-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Home Depot Offers 'Blank Check' To Sign Free Agent Carl Edwards

photo credit: getty images

Home Depot has taken a back seat to home improvement superstore rival Lowe's for the past five-years - and they have had enough.

Since 2006, Five-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson and his #48 Lowe's Chevrolet team have single handedly stolen market share away from home improvement mega store pioneer Home Depot, and the big orange Atlanta company is about to do something about it.

Johnson has won the last five NASCAR Sprint Cup Championships, something Home Depot used to know something about when they had two-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart driving for them. But, since young hopeful Joey Logano has been behind the wheel of the #20 Home Depot Toyota, things haven't gone so well. In fact, Home Depot has often found their racecar behind the #27 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet of Paul Menard and Menard's - another home improvement store - OUCH!

So, NASCAR Nation is buzzing with rumors of the biggest free agent signing in the history of the sport. Well, they were rumors two-weeks ago - but now it seems like there is no way the deal won't get done. The money is HUGE.

Carl Edwards, driver of the #99 AFLAC Ford for Roush Fenway Racing, is the most talented NASCAR free-agent to hit the market in many years - and Home Depot is going to sign him away from legendary owner Jack Roush. Notice I didn't say Joe Gibbs Racing was going to sign him away from Jack Roush.

Sources close to the deal say that Home Depot has given Joe Gibbs Racing a blank check to land Edwards. With a 'money is no object' approach going against the always frugal Jack Roush, it would be hard to imagine Edwards in anything other than a Toyota next year. The numbers being bantered about are staggering.

Sources say the deal will be a multi-year contract with options that could potentially take the deal in to the seven to ten-year range, all while making Edwards the highest paid driver in NASCAR history.

When this deal goes down, and it looks like only a 'Win one for the Gipper' speech from Jack Roush can save the #99 fans, it will be the deep pockets of Home Depot that woos Edwards.

Home Depot's only shot at knocking Jimmie Johnson and Lowe's off the NASCAR podium, is with Carl Edwards - and everyone knows it. - Captain Thunder - http://www.CaptainThunderRacing.com - TWITTER @CaptThunder

07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
(07-26-2011 10:29 PM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  Here's what i don't get, they keep saying how Home Depot is tired of losing to lowes the last 5 years..Well in the last five years how many times has Carl Edwards beaten the lowes car in the final standings..and for that matter wasn't there a year in there he didn't even make the chase? not to mention that Joey wasn't even racing for 3 or those 5 years..just sayin.

I wrote the other day CJF. They make a big statement about losing yet 41 other drivers have lost the last 5 years and they aren't throwing their driver under the bus!
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Kyle was on Sirius radio and Moody asked him about the potential of Carl being a teammate. He talked about their run ins, how they got over them earlier this year and that he would be a welcome addition to JGR. He said they would have 4 cars to compete with HMS and Roush so....