Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kevin Kidd Is the New Crew Chief for the 20 car
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Kevin Kidd Is the New Crew Chief for the 20 car
Quote:Joe Gibbs Racing announced Tuesdasy that Kevin Kidd has been named crew chief for its No. 20 NASCAR Nationwide Series

Kidd joins JGR after spending the previous four years in engineering with Richard Petty Motorsports. Most recently he has been in the vehicle dynamics department working with the test team. Previously he worked on the No 19 car of Elliott Sadler as race engineer. He has also served as crew chief in the Nationwide series during the 2008 season with driver Chase Miller.

Prior to joining RPM, Kidd served as a race engineer for DEI, and before that he was a car chief at Penske Jasper Racing.

“We’re excited to have Kevin join our team here at JGR,” said J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing. “We already have a great team in place and Kevin will provide great leadership to them. His experience and knowledge should help keep us up front where our sponsors deserve to be each week.”

The No. 20 Nationwide Series Toyota entry for JGR will carry sponsorship from GameStop, Interstate Batteries, SportClips, and Pizza Ranch in 2010. While the driver schedule is still being finalized, Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin and Matt DiBenedetto are expected to share the duties behind the wheel next season.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2010, 06:59 PM
RE: Kevin Kidd Is the New Crew Chief for the 20 car
(01-05-2010 05:29 PM)Jean Wrote:  
Quote:Joe Gibbs Racing announced Tuesdasy that Kevin Kidd has been named crew chief for its No. 20 NASCAR Nationwide Series

Kidd joins JGR after spending the previous four years in engineering with Richard Petty Motorsports. Most recently he has been in the vehicle dynamics department working with the test team. Previously he worked on the No 19 car of Elliott Sadler as race engineer. He has also served as crew chief in the Nationwide series during the 2008 season with driver Chase Miller.

Prior to joining RPM, Kidd served as a race engineer for DEI, and before that he was a car chief at Penske Jasper Racing.

“We’re excited to have Kevin join our team here at JGR,” said J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing. “We already have a great team in place and Kevin will provide great leadership to them. His experience and knowledge should help keep us up front where our sponsors deserve to be each week.”

The No. 20 Nationwide Series Toyota entry for JGR will carry sponsorship from GameStop, Interstate Batteries, SportClips, and Pizza Ranch in 2010. While the driver schedule is still being finalized, Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin and Matt DiBenedetto are expected to share the duties behind the wheel next season.

Wow! That's awesome! He seems like he's had great experience. Race engineering?! Vehicle dynamics?! Oh my god. Sounds so fun!
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Don't know much about him but good luck to him!
01-06-2010, 09:57 AM
i don't know about this..he's just a kid

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
(01-06-2010 09:57 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  i don't know about this..he's just a kid

The Kidd and the kid....sounds good to me haha

~Matt
[Image: logano2.jpg]
01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
We will see how this shakes down. As long as he gets Joey in the ballpark Joey will put it in the front.
01-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Why did the gamestop 20 get a new crew cheif???? Confused

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
(01-09-2010 04:57 PM)Joeyloganolover20 Wrote:  Why did the gamestop 20 get a new crew cheif???? Confused

Kidd replaces Dave Rogers who was named crew chief for JGR’s No. 18 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team.
01-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh okay hope Kevin Kidd does good and does hurt him and not help him

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
01-17-2010, 10:57 AM
At least they get a chance to work together in the Showdown to learn some of that lingo one needs
02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't know what the big deal with Dave Rogers is..yes he is a great CC but Joey had a pretty good rep well before he got paired with Dave. Did any of us think that 2 years ago when Joey was tearing it up in the east series that Joey's success would be dependent on Dave Rogers?? of course not! we didn't even know for sure that he would even be paired with him. Joey has been a winner at every level with many CC along the way. He will have success just like always.

02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
CJF,
We have seen great drivers not do well when they can't get the car in the ballpark each and every week. Yes Joey is a phenom and can drive awesome but he is just part of the equation. The chemistry bewteen driver and CC is huge and Dave and Joey had that. Kevin seemed to be a nice addition last Saturday and here's hoping the success continues.
02-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm kind of upset that it's not Dave Rodgers anymore, but it sounds like this guy will be good.
02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I try and not get too attached to crew chiefs anyways. Kidd has been fine, they won the All star showdown and had the Cali race in the bag. Looks to me like they haven't missed a beat.

02-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Team looks great. Would like to see Matt in there this weekend and gain some experience.
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
(02-23-2010 08:58 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  Team looks great. Would like to see Matt in there this weekend and gain some experience.

Its gonna be Denny Hamlin running the Interstate Batteries car
02-24-2010, 10:04 AM
(02-23-2010 10:15 PM)Jean Wrote:  
(02-23-2010 08:58 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  Team looks great. Would like to see Matt in there this weekend and gain some experience.

Yeah i would love to see Matt Dibennnedettttoaeatdidettoo tooo

02-24-2010, 12:15 PM
(02-23-2010 10:15 PM)Jean Wrote:  

10-4. I understand Interstate wanting Denny in there though I would rather see Matt gain the experience.