Kasey Kahne has signed with Hendrick Motorsports for the 2012 Cup season
04-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Kasey Kahne has signed with Hendrick Motorsports for the 2012 Cup season
Thoughts?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
RE: Kasey Kahne has signed with Hendrick Motorsports for the 2012 Cup season
no? really?? r u serious? thts interesting, will HM let go of a driver or just deal with having five cup teams?

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
Find all posts by this user
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Yup

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headline...index.html

Quote: Kasey Kahne is bound for Hendrick Motorsports -- but not until 2012.

The current driver of the No. 9 Ford, who will not be returning to Richard Petty Motorsports next season, has signed with NASCAR's most successful organization with an eye toward piloting the team's No. 5 car in 2012, NASCAR.COM has learned. What Kahne will do next season is still to be determined.
Kasey Kahne
Kahne

Kahne was at an appearance in San Francisco on Tuesday, and through a spokesperson had no comment. Hendrick officials also declined comment.

NASCAR limits teams to four cars, and all of Hendrick's current drivers -- Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin and Dale Earnhardt Jr. -- are signed through the 2011 campaign. Last year Martin signed a two-year extension that ends after the 2011 season, the conclusion of which opens the door for Kahne to join an organization that has won nine championships at NASCAR's highest level.

Kahne's plans for next season, though, are still unclear. One certainty is he won't be returning to RPM, which announced earlier Tuesday that the driver had informed the team he would not renew his contract.

Kahne has been with the organization, which started as Evernham Motorsports, since he entered NASCAR's top level in 2004. After a tumultuous 2009 season that saw him win two races but finish 10th in the Chase, he said he would let RPM's performance dictate whether he would remain at the only home he's ever known at the Cup level.

Evidently, seven races were enough. Kahne is 26th in points heading into this week's event at Texas Motor Speedway.

"Kasey is a very talented driver, and I have enjoyed watching him race," team co-owner Richard Petty said in a statement released by RPM. "We all wish him nothing but the best and hope he succeeds in anything he chooses to do."

"Drivers like Kasey Kahne are the very reason we got into this sport," team co-owner George Gillett added. "Kasey has helped us get to where we are today. We wish him well in his future however we have the rest of this season to race together and we're looking forward to a successful remainder of the year."
04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I can see Kahne heading over to SHR for 2011 till Mark is gone
04-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Well, another driver on my "Hate List". Any driver that drives for Hendrick is on that list.

"His wife wears the firesuit in the family", Joey on Kevin Harvick
04-14-2010, 03:54 AM
(04-13-2010 11:58 PM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  Well, another driver on my "Hate List". Any driver that drives for Hendrick is on that list.

What if Joey goes to Hendrick Motor Sports? Surprised
04-14-2010, 07:10 AM
(04-13-2010 11:58 PM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  Well, another driver on my "Hate List". Any driver that drives for Hendrick is on that list.

Makes a lot of sense. Guess you hate Geoff Bodine, Ricky Rudd, Terry Labonte, Todd Bodine, Ron Hornaday Jr, Kyle Busch, Casey Mears, Mark Martin, Darrell Waltrip, Jimmy Horton, Greg Sacks, Sarel van der Merwe, Jeff Gordon, David Green, Brian Vickers, Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson, Tim Richmond, Ken Schrader, Ricky Craven, Todd Bodine, Jack Sprague, Wally Dallenbach Jr, Jerry Nadeau, Joe Nemechek, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Dick Brooks, Brett Bodine, Jim Fitzgerald, Benny Parsons, Rick Hendrick, Rob Moroso, Bobby Hamilton, Tommy Kendall, Kyle Petty, Stan Barrett, Hut Stricklin, Al Unser Jr, Jeff Purvis, Ricky Hendrick, Ward Burton, Adrian Fernandez, Blake Feese, Boston Reid, Kyle Krisiloff, Justin Labonte, Dick Trickle, Glenn Jarrett, Ron Bouchard, Landon Cassill, Tony Stewart, Scott Lagasse Sr, Rick Hendrick Sr and Roger Mears.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JordanH's post:
loganogirl (04-14-2010)
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
that is one long list. did not know all of those drivers had driven for Rick!

#20 Joey Logano = Heart
"His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do" Joey about KH Wink
04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh Kasey :]
Hm...I think this is a good opportunity for him. I know with a lot of his most recent interviews he's been talking about how he's being held back. The sky's the limit for him now!
04-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Well hopefully he can keep up with the rest of the hendricks drivers. All the best to him. I hope he proves that he can run with the best of the best Smile
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
i was kinda sad at first...ill miss the 9 and the thought of jr and jj as temates of his Surprised but i do understand this will be good for him, hendrick is one of the best organizations and has the best equipment

i also heard from someone that JGR also offered him a deal but they couldnt guarantee he'd have sponsership while Hendrick could
04-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Great for all parties involved. Kasey is the perfect handpicked replacement for Mark
04-17-2010, 02:10 PM
ill be sad to see Mark go..i wanted to see him get a championship
04-19-2010, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2010 12:58 AM by Nascargirl09.)

That's kind of a silly way to dictate which drivers you like and don't like. It shouldn't be about who they are driving for but about how they drive and what kind of person they are. I think it is a good move for Kasey because now he will have more opportunities and I think a better team.
04-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Say what you want, I don't care. I consider Hendrick the Yankees of NA$CAR. I hate the Yankees also, are you going to complain about that also?

"His wife wears the firesuit in the family", Joey on Kevin Harvick
04-19-2010, 01:10 AM
(04-19-2010 01:04 AM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  Say what you want, I don't care. I consider Hendrick the Yankees of NA$CAR. I hate the Yankees also, are you going to complain about that also?

Nope, not going to complain about that and I wasn't complaining before. I was just stating my opinion about the forum topic and if it doesn't confer with yours it does not mean that I was complaining about what you said.
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I love the Yankees but not a fan of HMS. 1 out of 2 isn't bad LOL
04-21-2010, 02:23 AM
(04-19-2010 01:04 AM)20LoganoFan Wrote:  Say what you want, I don't care. I consider Hendrick the Yankees of NA$CAR. I hate the Yankees also, are you going to complain about that also?

Do you have a reason to hate the Yankees or Hendrick?
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
i used to hate on the yankees too but soon found out that theres no way a person can hate the yankees, eventually u just become a big fan like i did lol

and hendrick motorsports is amazing in my opinion they are very very very good with cars and all, they shouldnt be hated or disliked just because they know how to win a ton of races and build amazing cars.

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased