Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joey to drive 02 at New Hapshire
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Joey to drive 02 at New Hapshire
Quote:Forty-five cars are currently entered for the Sprint Cup Sylvania 300 this weekend, but Joey Logano will be entered in an additional entry since Joe Gibbs Racing has decided to field a fourth car at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Logano originally was supposed to drive the #96 Hall of Fame Racing car at New Hampshire. The 18-year-old driver, who takes over JGR's #20 Cup car next year being vacated by Tony Stewart, was supposed to make his Cup debut last week at Richmond but did not qualify when rain washed out time trials. JGR wanted Logano to make his debut in a Home Depot car and therefore plans to enter the #02 for the New Hampshire race, according to a team spokesman.
jayski.com

That's cool to hear. Like I said he was scheduled to be in the 96 but Home Depot was offered his first race to sponsor so I guess JRG decided to field a 4th car.

Good for Joey

peace
mike
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2008, 08:12 AM
RE: Joey to drive 02 at New Hapshire
I had a feeling that was going to happen. Smile

I hope it does not rain again though, looking at the weather for Loudon, NH, right now it is saying that it will rain on Friday. Sad
09-10-2008, 08:06 AM
NASCAR has Joey listed in the 202 Car but I'm sure it will just show 02 on the side of the car.

202 Joey Logano Middletown, CT Toyota The Home Depot J D Gibbs
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
UPDATE: NASCAR says...
Joey Logano will make his Sprint Cup debut this weekend in New Hampshire in the No. 96 Toyota for Hall of Fame Racing.

Logano, who will take over for Tony Stewart next season at Joe Gibbs Racing, was scheduled to make his debut last weekend in Richmond before rain washed out qualifying. That car was fielded by JGR.

He was originally scheduled to race this weekend in New Hampshire for Hall of Fame, but there had been speculation he would move back into a fourth JGR car to make his first start.

Instead, the two teams agreed to move JGR's Home Depot sponsorship to Hall of Fame's car for the 18-year-old Logano's first race.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headline...index.html
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
(09-10-2008 08:06 AM)#11 Denny Hamlin Fan Wrote:  NASCAR has Joey listed in the 202 Car but I'm sure it will just show 02 on the side of the car.

202 Joey Logano Middletown, CT Toyota The Home Depot J D Gibbs

They listed him last week under the number 202 as well. But Jayski had him under the number 02. I think the number 202 is a typo by nascar.com.
09-10-2008, 10:31 PM
(09-10-2008 07:25 PM)#11 Denny Hamlin Fan Wrote:  UPDATE: NASCAR says...
Joey Logano will make his Sprint Cup debut this weekend in New Hampshire in the No. 96 Toyota for Hall of Fame Racing.

That makes alot more sense, and if Joe Gibbs racing is under control of the 96, they can help the number 96 stay in the top 35 of the owner points, and pick up some nice finishes for the team.

I bet the 96 car will be just the 02 Joe Gibbs racing car, with a fresh paint of the number 96 Wink but the car will probably be massaged by JGR. Off course that is only a speculation of mine lol.
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
The Home Depot #20 regular spotter, Mark Robertson, will spot for Joey Logano at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, who will drive the #96 Hall of Fame - Home Depot Toyota there.(9-12-2008)
09-12-2008, 03:31 PM
It seems I predicted it correctly earlier in the week about the rain. Good move by JGR to put Logano in the 96 this week, and even better move to move the home depot sponsorship, as it gets Logano to debut in home depot. Smile
09-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I am so glad he is in the show this week, it would have been so heartbreaking if he had to go home again.
Find all posts by this user