Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joey's Crash
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Joey's Crash
Yikes! That crash was HUGE!
I'm soo happy Joey made it out of there ok, he looked totally shaken.. Even I was shaken after that lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isx6HP7dl6s&feature=sub

What did you guys think??

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
RE: Joey's Crash
That was a bad one!So glad he is ok.
09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
That was a nasty crash.
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
That was a horrible wreck, i really hate what the COT has done to racing but will say that i love that it's a safer car. It could have been far worse if they were still racing the old car. I'm sure Joey's gonna be sore in the morning, i'm just glad he's ok. The look of terror on his dads face when they showed him running down pit road was saddening, but again i'm so glad that he's ok. This kid is gonna be around for a long time and someday will add a Cup championship to all the championships he has won as a kid/young teen.

09-28-2009, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2009 01:22 AM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
I agree, it was hard to watch but you have to be ready for that sort of thing in Nascar. I'm glad Joey was ok..i hope nothing like that ever happens again but for a 19 year old looking to make a long career in nascar it probably will happen again. The next trio of races should all be pretty good especially Charlotte where Joey has done very well in the 3 races he's been there (Showdown,Allstar and 600).
I hope Joey isn't shaken up too much, i don't want to see him going 26 mph because he forgot how to go fast lol

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
(09-28-2009 01:06 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  I agree, it was hard to watch but you have to be ready for that sort of thing in Nascar. I'm glad Joey was ok..i hope nothing like that ever happens again but for a 19 year old looking to make a long career in nascar it probably will happen again. The next trio of races should all be pretty good especially Charlotte where Joey has done very well in the 3 races he's been there (Showdown,Allstar and 600).
I hope Joey isn't shaken up too much, i don't want to see him going 26 mph because he forgot how to go fast lol

i hope it doesnt either. i hope he wont be afraid to get in the car

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I was there and shook his and after he was leaving pit area. Saw Coach Gibbs too but did not interupt the moment. I'll get some photos up soon.

Wow.

Mike Hedrick is PIT BOSS for http://www.PitCrewBarbeque.com covering NASCAR Tailgating Inside & Outside the Tracks. For more got to http://www.MikeHedrick.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
OMG! What a scary wreck. Im so glad he was able to walk away from that. And glad hes okay.
09-28-2009, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2009 02:35 PM by #11 Denny Hamlin Fan.)
Here are a couple shots. He's ok but when for the ride of his young life.
3rd picture I am in Yellow Hat

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Mike Hedrick is PIT BOSS for http://www.PitCrewBarbeque.com covering NASCAR Tailgating Inside & Outside the Tracks. For more got to http://www.MikeHedrick.com
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing those. The first one looks like hes crying almost... obvisouly shaken up. And I was totally looking for you at the race, especially when this happened. When I saw Joey's dad running I was thinking to myself.... Mike has to be running that way to so he can get awesome pictures and perhaps an interview for all of us here!
09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
im glad he's okay i was crying when i saw it i was so worried then they played it like 5 times during the race and it kept bothering me
09-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Smile
09-28-2009, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2009 07:54 PM by #11 Denny Hamlin Fan.)
(09-28-2009 06:34 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Awesome. Thanks for sharing those. The first one looks like hes crying almost... obvisouly shaken up. And I was totally looking for you at the race, especially when this happened. When I saw Joey's dad running I was thinking to myself.... Mike has to be running that way to so he can get awesome pictures and perhaps an interview for all of us here!

When I heard it was Joey I did run as best I can . But not to be a reporter but a friend who cared. The pics taken are not mine but a camera PCB Team Camera man.

I had a camera in my hand and fist bumped Joey and never lifted my camera. Sorry
NO Joey was NOT Crying.
HE was totally cool and collected

09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
That's so scary.
If something like that happened to me, I'd never be able to drive again...he's got such perseverance.
09-28-2009, 11:12 PM
That was a very scary wreck. Im glad he was ok. Im sure hes feeling that soreness today Sad Its a terrifying thing to watch your driver flip like that. I still cant watch Ryan Newmans 03 accident.

[Image: usa.jpg]
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank goodness for the COT. That car has saved Michael McDowell, Carl Edwards and now Joey. He is going to have some more wrecks in his career but hopefully he doesn't flip like that again. Let's hope he gets through this weekend with no issues to gain some confidence back.