Poll: Should Joey and Tony Stewart have been placed on probation for something not of their own doing?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Joey is On Probation... whoa, Joey what!?!?
08-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Joey is On Probation... whoa, Joey what!?!?
If you haven't heard by now, Joey is on probation for the rest of the year because of the stupid magnet incident. and he knew nothing about this either! Great.

I'm posting a poll to see what the rest of you think about this.

**SLICED BREAD FOR LIFE**
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2008, 03:48 PM
RE: Joey is On Probation... whoa, Joey what!?!?
Drivers, are just drivers. They step in the car, to get the job done behind the wheel, and get the most out of the car, that their team has given them.

When Joey steps in the car, I bet most of the time, he won't know alot of what's been going on behind the scenes, or what the team has done behind the hood. After all, his job is just to get it done on the track, and drive the car for all its worth.

Anyways, I do think everyone is blowing this out of proportion, with the whole Gibbs / Toyota thing. And I do think that Joey Logano should not be penalized for this. And It is really sad to see that people are now saying that Joey's success has been because of just Joe Gibbs, or the "cheating".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I also think that he had nothing to do with the change in the car, and it was totally wrong for him to be penalized.
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
That's what I'm afraid of, Jean. I don't want Joey's reputation to be ruined just because his team was caught cheating. He still is an amazing driver and he can still get the job done, regardless. Hopefully everyone will still see him in this way and put the penalties behind them.

08-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Yup my concerns are the same, but I think in the long run, he will be fine, and will win over the fans.

I do know alot of nascar fans who are already mad about the whole nascar putting a stranglehold on the Toyota engines.
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
I know I'm mad. I love the Toyotas, why can't NASCAR do something to Chevys and Fords and Dodges? Did they think that just because Toyota went from the bottom of the pack one year to the highest of them all the next, that gave them a reason to single the Toyotas out and try to restrict their engine performance? I really don't understand that. Toyota's engines are just naturally stronger, in my opinion. Tongue

08-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Wink RE: Joey is On Probation... whoa, Joey what!?!?
I know I'm mad. I love the Toyotas, why can't NASCAR do something to Chevys and Fords and Dodges? Did they think that just because Toyota went from the bottom of the pack one year to the highest of them all the next, that gave them a reason to single the Toyotas out and try to restrict their engine performance? I really don't understand that. Toyota's engines are just naturally stronger, in my opinion. Tongue
08-27-2008, 12:54 AM
The whole thing was unfair, and poorly handled by NASCAR.

The fact is, Toyota did not cheat to gain the extra horsepower, they made the gains, that was by the nascar rule book.

NASCAR approves all engines. All new engines, have to be submitted to NASCAR before they can be run. What Toyota did, was build a better quality engine. An engine that did have a few more horsepower's than their competitors. But the Toyota engine was approved by NASCAR itself! Why? because it met all the specs, etc. But I guess now that the new kid on the block, has come in and dominated, its fellow competitors did not like it, and threw a fit Sad

It's an unfortunate situation. Now, Toyota is likely underpowered compared to the rest of the other engines Sad
08-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeahhh. Sad

09-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Joey has been taken off probation. Joe Gibbs racing got the probation reversed. There is justice after all Wink
09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Yes! Joey and Tony did not deserve that probation in the first place. Smile