Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joey Logano to host raw and!..
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
RE: Joey Logano to host raw and!..
(10-27-2009 02:34 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  It was so fun to watch last night. I didn't think it would be so entertaining. I loved the skits and stuff that they had :]
(10-26-2009 09:10 PM)Jean Wrote:  They looked a little nervous, Kyle looked a little bit more nervous than Kyle though. Still though this is cool to watch Big Grin

Kyle did look a little bit more nervous than Kyle :] Heehee.

Ooops I mean Kyle looked more nervous than Joey in my opinion Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
(10-27-2009 03:04 PM)joeyloganofanxo20 Wrote:  joey looked nervous when that big wrestler said 'i think we need to teach him a lesson'. lol but it was great i loved it!

Haha, definitely.
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Hahah they look scared out of their minds of the big show.
10-27-2009, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2009 08:00 PM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
I read that Joey was actually quite the favorite backstage when the Wrestlers found out he was from Connecticut which is where wwe head quarters are. Apparently a number of wrestlers came to visit them in their locker room and Sean Michaels a self described Nascar fan took pictures of them practicing burnouts in the parking lot. The Big Show went in and squeezed him self beside Joey who was sitting down on a love seat and made jokes with them trying to get them to relax which at first Joey seemed nervous. big show just told them to "relax and have fun with it"

This is from both wrestling websites and the Charlotte Observer.
One thing i thought was funny was the part where Kyle said that Joey didn't know anything about Championships when currently Joey holds the only nascar championship between them, that being the busch east championship. Of course we'll assume that Kyle is on his way to a Nationwide title but none the less that was a little off lol

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
10-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Kyle was just joking around and having some fun geez..everything the 2 boys said was SCRIPTED before the show..and some people seem to forget that Kyle raced as a child too and HAS won Track and Series championships(as has his brother Kurt)

10-27-2009, 11:39 PM
So, this might seem like a stupid question. But, from my understand, Raw and Smackdown are different. They're like rivalries? Are they comparable to say...the Nationwide series and Sprint Cup series. Same sport just different "series". I don't know what the correct terminology would be.
10-28-2009, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2009 08:52 AM by Canadian Joey Fan.)
(10-27-2009 08:41 PM)Kurt/Kyle/Ryan Fan Wrote:  Kyle was just joking around and having some fun geez..everything the 2 boys said was SCRIPTED before the show..and some people seem to forget that Kyle raced as a child too and HAS won Track and Series championships(as has his brother Kurt)

So what your saying is it wasn't a "shoot" on Kyle's part. That he was playing up a Heel character for his part because of his "bad boy" reputation in nascar. While Joey was the baby face, is that right?....Oh and about Raw vs Smack down yes they are two different shows, Originally The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) used to be known as the WWWF (The World Wide Wrestling Federation) later the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) The promotion was Originally started by Vincent James McMahon in the late 50's and early 60's back then they were only Wrestling in regional territories until 1982 When Vince J McMahon became ill and sold his company to his son Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Vince K set out to put the WWF on a global scale and hired Hulk Hogan back from a then rival American Wrestling Alliance (AWA) only 4 years after Hulk had been fired by Vince's father for disobeying the company's demands of the Hulk not participating in the Rocky three movie, which he did against the company's wishes. Now The Hulk was back in the WWF under Vince Jr and was ready to become there star. In March on 1985 the world wide extravaganza known as WrestleMania was born and throughout the years it has been perhaps only rivaled by the Super Bowl in terms of successful yearly events. Throughout the years the WWF became bigger and stronger and along the way other promotions started to form one was the WCW which formed in 1988. The WCW was first owned by Jim Crockett Promotions but was later bought by TV's Ted Turner and his Turner Broadcasting company, Ted wasted little time spending Money and hired a slew of Wrestlers mostly from the WWF with the highest being Hulk Hogan in 1994. Now by this time The WWF had several weekly shows mostly playing Saturday Afternoons or Friday and Midnight until they found themselves on the USA Cable Network with Prime time Wrestling which later Became WWF Monday Night Raw. over at the WCW the same things were happening and they created a show also for Monday nights called WCW Monday Nitro. The two shows went head to head with the WCW besting the WWF for 84 straight weeks because of a story line involving Hulk Hogan turning Heel (bad guy) and forming a group called the NWO (New World Order) in the story the NWO was coming into invade the WCW from the WWF when in fact all the Wrestlers had been hired by the WCW for the storyline. This weekly head to head battle for ratings started what was known as "The Monday Night Wars" with the two company's taking verbal jabs at each other to friends from other shows giving shout outs to each other to one company going on 3 minutes earlier then the other and giving away the results of the other ones event. Eventually the NWO story line started to run it's course and the WWF started to Gain ground. It was around this time when WCW made a new show for Thursday Nights called Thunder. The idea was to get another one up on the WWF however a few years later the WWF created a new show called SmackDown! which debuted in 1999 on the UPN Network. By this time the WWF had turned the tables on the WCW to the point that when Smack Down came to Thursday nights, WCW Changed there show to Wednesdays. Hardly the same confidence they once had. In 2000 the WWF was facing a Law suit by the World wild life fund for the the rights to the WWF. The popularity of the internet and there wanting to use the domain wwf.com was one of the main reasons for the case. Also at this time the WCW started to sink further and further with the fans getting tired to the same old Wrestlers while the WWF had a new breed of Stars Like "the Rock " and" stone Cold" Steve Austin carrying them further and further past the WCW. Back stage politics were also an issue in WCW as it had became apparent that the younger stars were being held back by there older has been counter parts. The fans started to recognize this and the ratings for WCW continued to fall. In 2001 the WCW went up for sale and was almost bought by the Hervey Entertainment until it was Purchased by it's long time Rival The WWF.
Now with the WWF now owning both Companies the roster was just too big for one show so they spilt the two shows into brands one being The RAW Brand and the other Being the Smack Down Brand. In 2002 the WWF lost there case with the Wild Life and changed there name to the WWE World Wrestling Entertainment. The two brands were joined a couple years ago by the ECW Brand which originally was a very small Gym sized promotion based out of Philadelphia which inself grew in popularity for it's hardcore Wrestling style. Today the ECW Brand is more of a WWE feeder series then anything else and does not rival Smack Down or Raw. Today the WWE ownes complete rights to both the ECW and the WCW . Today the WWE has three Brands Raw, Smackdown and ECW. The only live show is Raw. Smackdown is actually taped on Tuesday's the day after raw but aired on Friday Nights. The shows for the most part have separate champions while sometimes the two will unify to belts like in the case of Chris Jericho and the Big Show being the unified tag team champions (tag champs of both Raw and Smack down)

Yes Smack down and Raw are rivals in story line but run by the same company. They are supposed to be on equal footing but there are fans for both sides and fans that like both the same. The WWE has done a good job at balancing out each roster with a variety of stars in each.

I first started watching wrestling in 1987 and have been watching ever since. I know there are story lines and i know how things work. As far as what Kyle said, i know he didn't mean what he said, it's apart of the storyline but it was still funny that was written the part about Joey not knowing anything about championships, however i did not ever take his statement serious, nor did i get offended when he called Joey "young and dumb" It was all apart of the Show the show that is World Wrestling Entertainment.

10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Here is another video from wwe.com

Click on the video link by Joey and Kyle in the right column

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/?cid=2009NEWTOPNAV-00

10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
(10-28-2009 08:45 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  Yes Smack down and Raw are rivals in story line but run by the same company. They are supposed to be on equal footing but there are fans for both sides and fans that like both the same. The WWE has done a good job at balancing out each roster with a variety of stars in each.

Thank you :] You're so knowledgeable!
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
The only time i had to use a reference for all that was to make sure i had certain dates right lol

10-29-2009, 10:55 AM
On ESPN’s NASCAR Now, they interviewed Joey Logano on the phone. Logano said he had never watched any wrestling show before Monday and was very nervous being in front of all the people. Logano said he had a lot of fun backstage, with everyone coming up and talking to them and being very nice. He said he had a great time with Big Show, who was “the biggest person I ever saw in my entire life.”
11-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Hahah poor thing. Big Show can be very intimidating. He is really huge when you get close to him.
11-07-2009, 07:29 AM
(11-01-2009 06:16 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Hahah poor thing. Big Show can be very intimidating. He is really huge when you get close to him.

He's the same size if your further away too lol

11-07-2009, 07:48 PM
(11-07-2009 07:29 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  
(11-01-2009 06:16 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Hahah poor thing. Big Show can be very intimidating. He is really huge when you get close to him.

I would be so scared to ever meet any of those wrestlers in person. I'm only 4'11''. I bet they could crush me! Hahha. I've got to stay on their good side.
11-07-2009, 08:28 PM
(11-07-2009 07:48 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  
(11-07-2009 07:29 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  

I would be so scared to ever meet any of those wrestlers in person. I'm only 4'11''. I bet they could crush me! Hahha. I've got to stay on their good side.

John Cena and the "good guys" will protect you Big Grin
11-07-2009, 11:31 PM
lol im like 5'8'', i would hope they wouldnt hurt me lol

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
[-] The following 1 user Likes joeyloganofanxo20's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (01-05-2012)
11-08-2009, 11:21 AM
(11-07-2009 08:28 PM)Jean Wrote:  
(11-07-2009 07:48 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  I would be so scared to ever meet any of those wrestlers in person. I'm only 4'11''. I bet they could crush me! Hahha. I've got to stay on their good side.

Hahahha. I hope SOMEBODY protects me! I don't want to be crushed!
11-10-2009, 05:24 AM
(11-08-2009 11:21 AM)Priyanka Wrote:  
(11-07-2009 08:28 PM)Jean Wrote:  
(11-07-2009 07:48 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  I would be so scared to ever meet any of those wrestlers in person. I'm only 4'11''. I bet they could crush me! Hahha. I've got to stay on their good side.

Hahahha. I hope SOMEBODY protects me! I don't want to be crushed!

Don't belive what Jean says, the "good guys" can turn heel (bad guy) on you! lol

11-10-2009, 09:13 AM
(11-10-2009 05:24 AM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  Don't belive what Jean says, the "good guys" can turn heel (bad guy) on you! lol

That would be so scary...I wouldn't even have a shot. Maybe if they just let me loose for 1 minute I would run!
01-20-2010, 07:56 PM
NASCAR driver Carl Edwards will be the WWE Raw guest host on February 8 to promote the brand new NASCAR season, with the first race of the season, The Daytona 500, taking place the next weekend. Edwards is the third driver to host Raw, joining Kyle Busch and Joey Logano.
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
That is awsome i'll make sure to watch it yet again!
01-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh! I might watch it! I liked it last time.