Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joey Logano On Dirt
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Joey Logano On Dirt
Joey Logano is going to be competing in the Prelude to the Dream, for those that don't know, the Prelude to the Dream is an annual event that is held by Tony Stewart to raise money for charity, and it is a race on Dirt on Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway.

Joey has never raced on dirt, so he took some practice in one owned by Jordan Bland in preparation for the Prelude to the dream race =D

Quote:It was freaking awesome. They're completely opposite of anything I've ever driven in my life. Every time you get in a bind or pick up a push, you nail the throttle, and the thing jerks around. It's a total different way to drive, backward from what I've done. Even adjusting the car is so different. When the track is dry, it's slick. When it's muddy, it's got a lot of grip.

It's such a different driving style to make it work. In the mud, you can manhandle it and go full throttle all the way around the racetrack. Once it gets dry, it's a little more finesse, and you can go only half-throttle on the straightaway before you spin the tires. It's so amazing how different it is.

I'm going to practice a few more times before the Prelude. Jordan had both his cars, and he would go in front, and I'd follow. Holy cow, there's so much mud that kicks up and hits you in the face, you have to rip tear-offs so you can see. And that's with one car, so I only can imagine what it'll be like with a couple dozen cars.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2009 08:25 PM by UF_Logano Fan.)
RE: Joey Logano On Dirt
This will be the first year my driver has been in the Prelude. Jr was my driver but he never raced in the prelude. I think it will be real good for Joey to learn how to race on dirt. Most of the great cup drivers are excellent on dirt, smoke, Gordon, Edwards, Johnson and Busch all excel at racing on dirt. I think it will help his car control and make him more comfortable driving a loose race car.

This will help Joey more than we'll ever know.(Only Gator or Cane fans will get that joke)

Go Gators!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply