Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joey Logano Food City 500 Race Talk - Sunday, March 17, 2013
03-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Joey Logano Food City 500 Race Talk - Sunday, March 17, 2013
The Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway (0.533-mile oval, Bristol, Tenn.)

No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion driven by Joey Logano

Sunday, March 17, 1:00 pm ET

Primary Chassis: PRS-840
Last Raced: Brand new chassis for 2013
Backup Chassis: PRS-836
Last Raced: Backup chassis at Phoenix (not used)

THE NEWS & NOTES
  • IT’S BRISTOL BABY:While a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win at Bristol Motor Speedway has eluded Joey Logano over the years, the 22-year-old considers Bristol one of his favorite tracks. Logano earned his first-career pole at Bristol back in 2010, as he became the youngest pole winner in Sprint Cup Series history. In fact, in eight career events at the “World’s Fastest Half Mile,” Logano has only started outside of the top 10 on two occasions. Logano has also led 143 career laps at Bristol, more than any other track. He has also recorded one win and six top-10s in eight Nationwide Series races at the track.
  • FOOD CITY FUN: Logano will take part in the Food City Race Night at Bristol Motor Speedway on Friday night. First, Logano will participate in a Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) Mission Able Press Conference Friday night at 6pm. Following the press announcement, Logano will take on fans in a Wii Boxing tourny.
  • QUALITY OVER QUANTITY: In the season-to-date loop data, Logano sits fourth in “quality passes” over the first three races. Logano only trails Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmie Johnson and Mark Martin in the number of quality passes, which is defined as passing a car running in the Top 15 while under a green flag.

DO YOU FEEL LIKE THE 22 TEAM IS TURNING THE CORNER?

“Yeah, last week we had a super-fast car (in Vegas), but I made a mistake on pit road that cost us. We had a car that easily could have run top three to top five all day long. We were in traffic and still running faster than the leader a lot of the time. It was just my fault for getting us behind by speeding on pit road under green. So I feel like if we put all of the mistakes behind us, our Shell-Pennzoil team is going to be one of the teams to beat in the near future.”

WHAT MAKES BRISTOL “BRISTOL?”

“There has always been a special feeling about Bristol. It’s just so unique from everywhere else we go. You just don’t see a lot of places that look like it, from the small size to the high banks to the grandstands surrounding the place. It’s just different there, both as a fan and as a driver. Even though we aren’t running the speeds we do at a lot of other places, things happen faster at Bristol than almost anywhere else we go. And that makes it exciting. It’s unpredictable. And because of that, it’s always a fan favorite.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: Joey Logano Food City 500 Race Talk - Sunday, March 17, 2013
Looking forward to this weekend. Joey is good at Bristol. He got his first cup pole here and led the most laps here last fall(139), finishing 8th after winning the nationwide race the previous night. I read he said he learned how hard he could drive there in that NNS race and came back to have a great race the following night in cup. He could have won but there were a lot of different fuel strategy`s and his wasnt the winning one, he definitely had the best car that night. Plus the 22 team has been giving him great cars just a little bad luck here ad there. When they put it all together he`ll win races and get a lot of great finishes for sure! Were just gettin started! Also, Hendrick, Roush and Gibbs have now won the first 3 so it`s time for a Penske Ford to get into Victory Lane! GO JOEY!!!
03-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Bristol baby! It will be interesting to see how this race plays out! The last race in August seemed like we were at the old Bristol! I'm feeling some good vibes about this one! Joey would be 9th in points right now had that fuel pump not messed up the Phoenix ending.

[Image: 55zjt.png]
Find all posts by this user
03-13-2013, 03:17 AM
To me Bristol is kind of like the plate track being that its a survival race. If you can stay out of trouble and be there at the end, you should get a decent finish.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Canadian Joey Fan's post:
jlogano22 (03-13-2013), JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-13-2013)
03-15-2013, 07:35 PM
03-15-2013, 07:38 PM
10th not bad....

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
03-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Solid starting spot. Lets hope that outside lane comes in like last year
03-17-2013, 03:32 PM
totally uncalled for by Denny, seriously!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 3DoorsDown's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-17-2013)
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM
hot damn.......................................

[-] The following 1 user Likes jlogano22's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-17-2013)
03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I remember Denny picking a fight with Brad Keselowski, two years ago. Saying he will never be a champion and that Brad was dirty. Well look where Brad is now!!! I think Denny has a good eye for spotting elite talent. So I look for Joey to start achieving his goals. Denny always seems to pick on the guys who in the future make him eat crow. Until he wins a championship he is just another driver for Joey to pick off on his way to the front. He dumped Joey today for the reasons he stated in his interview. "He is not used to seeing Joey upfront", mainly because Gibbs gave him hammy downs. Now that he has a winning car and beating Hamlin, Denny can't take the fact that Joey is a better driver. Very sad, that the only thing that kept them friendly before, was man who wrote their checks. Wink
Just my thoughts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pugger21's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-17-2013), SlicedBread22 (03-17-2013)
03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Today was prime example why I am a Joey fan. Drove to 2nd, got dumped by that little prick, Hamlin, then fought back. Had some trouble's at the last 10 laps. Joey will get his win soon! I feel it coming. For Hamlin, he can go cry me a river. Joey after the race and a clear message to Hamlin, saying "You treated me like crap for the past 4-5 years, and I'm not going to take it anymore." Very proud of Joey today!
TEAM JOEY!!! Heart Big Grin Lub Smile Happy

Go Joey and Brad!! Heart #22 & #2!
[Image: 1124370_article_img_large1.jpg]
03-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Well, I l have a lot to say about this incident. I will get the 2 negatives out of the way. First, I KNOW he was fast again this week like he has been but still no top ten. Its a results business. But he is 12th in points and that is positive so really not too negative. The other, Joey is too nice! I knew something like that was going to happen. He should have shoved Gordon out of the way because he knew Denny was behind him and will not cut him no slack. I know Joey wants to do it clean but he did it in Pocono to Martin and he needs that mentality all the time. I know the Pocono push was within 5 laps of finish so circumstances may seem different but they arent. Joey will continue to get pushed around until he becomes the pusher.
However I love Joey and love how he raced after the incident. Denny is a punk and will always be. He is a dick and I hope he gets his in the near future. Joey is going to win and soon. I felt going into today California was going to be the race. I have lots more to say about Denny but I will keep it clean here. Go Joey
[-] The following 3 users Like 22forLogano's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-17-2013), SlicedBread22 (03-17-2013), Vermont#1Fan (03-17-2013)
03-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Big Grin RE: Joey Logano Food City 500 Race Talk - Sunday, March 17, 2013
Man, I used to like Denny Hamlin but I've lost a ton of respect for him... That was a sheisty thing he did and he seemed to have no qualms about it! Joey was totally justified in being angry. In fact, when I saw it happen, I could tell that he did it on purpose. I think everyone could, even before he admitted it. Joey seems like such a peaceful person but he's not afraid to call bullcrap. Think: The scuffles with Harvick and Newman in the past. (Who can forget the "firesuit" comment? Hahaha.) Anyways, I think he handled himself accordingly. Though, I feel like the pot shots on Twitter are a bit over the top. Either way, his big moment is coming SOON. We must focus on the positives. Happy And Karma will take care of Hamlin. Tongue

I Heart this guy! #22 FOREVER!
[Image: tb2_logano022113_10312428.jpg]
03-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Denny is a rat and he sure is stupid,,,did you see him at the introduction with his one month old baby in a carrier on his body,,,,now that is insane,,,,where was the mother who would allow this to happen? Brain-dead !!!! Then when asked by one of the announcers about next week's race with Joey etc. He made the comment that Joey would not be relevent.,,,,what a prick !!!!! gws
03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Quote:“We had a fast Shell-Pennzoil Ford today. No disrespect to (race winner) Kasey Kahne but I think we had the best car out here today. Our car was super-fast. We were tight early on, but Todd (Gordon) made the right calls and got it handling a lot better. We had a couple of good restarts and found ourselves running second and battling for the lead and we just got wrecked. But the guys fixed the car and it was just as fast even after the wreck. We drove from 20 th to sixth with a destroyed car. But we got our fender knocked out near the end of the race and the car just got so loose I couldn’t even hold onto it. We just couldn’t hold onto it.” –Joey Logano on his Shell-Pennzoil Ford.

“I don’t know what happened in the wreck. I’m just not going to comment on it anymore. We will deal with it how we need to deal with it. I’m just proud of my team. They worked on this car all weekend long and made it really fast. And after the wreck, they fixed it and it was just as fast. That tells you how fast our car was all day long. And post-race, they whole team stuck up for me. That is the kind of team I have behind me. I couldn’t be any happier right now.”- Joey Logano on how his team responded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-19-2013)
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Hahahaha did y'all watch Race Hub tonight. Jimmy Spencer had me lmao. He said that Joey is one of the most disrepectful drivers he has ever seen in this sport besides his Penske Racing teammate. He said that Joey and Brad intentionally wreck others or mess up restarts to win. He said Joey wrecked Mark Martin to win Pocono. I'm like really man are you serious? How does he have a job in NASCAR? Joey and him both have 2 cup wins and Joey is only 22 just starting his career and Brad is the sports defending champion. That guy first picks a fight with Brad and Brad shows him up. So now Joey and Brad both are on his trash talking list. I can't wait to Joey shows him up like Brad did. He said Roger Penske is one of the most respected owners in motorssports but has the sports two biggest disrespectful drivers. I normally get mad when people talk crap about Joey but this made me laugh hysterically. Wow! Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pugger21's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (03-20-2013)
03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Consider the source..... jimmy spencer is an old has been and a wanna be. I am sure he said the samething when Roger had Kurt as his driver
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
03-19-2013, 10:25 PM
son of a bitch..........i liked spencer

what the hell is he talking about???? how was pocono "wrecking" martin

[-] The following 1 user Likes jlogano22's post:
03-20-2013, 10:37 AM
(03-19-2013 10:14 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  Consider the source..... jimmy spencer is an old has been and a wanna be. I am sure he said the samething when Roger had Kurt as his driver

I know. That is why I found it to be so funny. How can anyone take him serious? Lol
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Here is a link to what he said. If y'all did get to see it.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/shakeand...e-respect/
03-20-2013, 04:51 PM
ok yes the move at the showdown in 2010 was dirty i wont deny that

but the other 2 things.................................