Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joey Logano Brickyard 400 - Sunday July 28 - Race Talk
07-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Joey Logano Brickyard 400 - Sunday July 28 - Race Talk
Crown Royal presents the Samuel Deeds 400 at the Brickyard powered by BigMachineRecords.com Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2.5-mile oval, Speedway, Ind.)

No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion driven by Joey Logano

Sunday July 28, 1:00 pm ET

Primary Chassis: PRS-859
Last Raced: New chassis
Backup Chassis: PRS-839
Last Raced: Darlington (finished 22nd)

THE NEWS & NOTES
  • 36 POINTS, 7 RACES: Joey Logano has had some bad luck in the last two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. At Daytona, Logano was running as high as third until an ill-timed flat right front tire put him into the wall and to an eventual 40th place finish. At New Hampshire, Logano hadn’t made it three laps until a flat left rear tire caused him to spin and hit the wall, again resulting in a 40th-place finish. The two subpar results dropped Logano from 10th to 18th in the point standings, where he is 36 points outside of the top 10 with just seven races remaining until the start of the Chase. This isn’t a new position for Logano, who was 56 points out of the Chase following Darlington before he and the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil team clawed back into the top 10 in just six races.
  • WORKING VACATION: After Roger Penske asked Logano to race on an off weekend for the Cup Series, Logano canceled his plans and then made the most of it by winning the Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. The win was Logano’s 20th-career Nationwide Series triumph. Those 20 wins put him in a tie for 15th on the all-time list with former series champion Greg Biffle. With 118 NNS races on his resume, Logano has averaged a series win every six starts over the course of his career.
  • TV STAR: Logano got a taste of TV stardom Monday as he was featured in Disney XD’s sports-themed “Monday Night Overdrive” when he guest starred on the hit comedy series “Lab Rats.” Logano appeared as himself in the episode, which is entitled “The Bionic 500.”
  • MEET LOGANO: Race fans of will get two chances to meet Logano during the Indianapolis weekend both at the track and away from IMS. Logano will make an appearance on Thursday, July 25 at the Discount Tire store located at 120 Avon Village Dr. in Avon, Ind. at 12 pm ET. On Friday, July 26, Logano will sign autographs at the Wal-Mart store at 400 W Northfield Dr in Brownsburg, Ind starting at 4:00 pm.

HOW DO YOU LEAD THE TEAM AFTER A COUPLE OF TOUGH WEEKS?

“You just have to be the leader. The guys are going to look at you. The thing is that we know the last two weeks have been things that happened beyond our control. There is nothing you can do when you have tire issues and we’ve had them two weeks in a row. But we’ve been running really well and I think that will continue. You just have to keep the guys pumped up and show it on the track. But this team doesn’t give up. We’ve got a long way to go still.”

WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE TO RACE AT INDY?

“I mean, it’s one of the coolest race tracks in the entire world. When you drive around the place, you just know that this is a unique place to race. It’s a track and a race that everyone wants to win. There are a few tracks – Daytona, Darlington, Charlotte, Talladega, Bristol – where you really want to win and Indy is near the top of that list. And to get a chance to race there for Roger Penske, knowing the history that he has at Indy, is pretty cool. Now, what would be even better is to win the race for Roger. That would be cool.”

Qualifying Video

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Vermont#1Fan (07-29-2013)
07-27-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Joey Logano Brickyard 400 - Sunday July 28 - Race Talk
We have a lot of to dos in these last 17. Make chase, win and a pole. Starts at 200 today
Find all posts by this user
07-27-2013, 09:45 PM
car seems decent, not a winning car though

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
07-27-2013, 11:37 PM
He's always been good at Indy though so I foresee a hot streak getting started again starting from Indy.
07-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Hey Jean, statistically this is not one of his better tracks but I think he has a pretty decent piece for today. 48 looks tough as always though he said they had some work to do in race trim. 14, 24 will be there as well and the JGR cars tested here so you know they will be stout. I think today is wide open and could come down to fuel mileage like last year.
The 22 team has no more mulligans. It's go hard or go home. Its starts today. Need solid top 10 and go from thereSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Well, hard to be unhappy with an 8th but thats tough finish to see. Gained 1 point towards 10th. 6 races left. 3 of which Joey could have solid chance to win (Pocono, Michigan and Bristol) and 3 that aren't legit (Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Richmond). He needs minimum 1 win but Newman winning today was a huge gut punch and the others Joey is racing were right around him. Outlook is not in our favor but hoping the Team has something in the tank.
Good solid weekend after last 2 weeks is step in right direction but right now we need leaps. Cheering loud and always will but that was a tough ending to watch. Go Joey
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
07-28-2013, 10:06 PM
(07-28-2013 08:12 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  Well, hard to be unhappy with an 8th but thats tough finish to see. Gained 1 point towards 10th. 6 races left. 3 of which Joey could have solid chance to win (Pocono, Michigan and Bristol) and 3 that aren't legit (Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Richmond). He needs minimum 1 win but Newman winning today was a huge gut punch and the others Joey is racing were right around him. Outlook is not in our favor but hoping the Team has something in the tank.
Good solid weekend after last 2 weeks is step in right direction but right now we need leaps. Cheering loud and always will but that was a tough ending to watch. Go Joey

ehh he was running inside the top 10 for most of richmond, joeys a pretty underated road racer

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
With 6 more races to the chase, its going to be some hard racing for the on es trying to make the chase. I hope Joey makes it. he more less needs a win now.

#TEAMLOGANO
[Image: thumbs_no-22-shell-pennzoil-ford-fusion.jpg]
07-29-2013, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 06:47 PM by 22forLogano.)
(07-28-2013 10:06 PM)jlogano22 Wrote:  
(07-28-2013 08:12 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  Well, hard to be unhappy with an 8th but thats tough finish to see. Gained 1 point towards 10th. 6 races left. 3 of which Joey could have solid chance to win (Pocono, Michigan and Bristol) and 3 that aren't legit (Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Richmond). He needs minimum 1 win but Newman winning today was a huge gut punch and the others Joey is racing were right around him. Outlook is not in our favor but hoping the Team has something in the tank.

ehh he was running inside the top 10 for most of richmond, joeys a pretty underated road racer

Ok, you made me go here so i will because I am a stats guy. I didnt say he doesnt run well at times, I said not legit chances. I didnt say he couldnt win, just more unlikely:

Watkins Glen
18.5 ave finish last 2 races, 81.6 driver rating
21.5 for career after 5 races

Atlanta
21 ave finish in last 2, 68 driver rating
26 for career, 6 races

Richmond
20.6 last 5 races, 70.2 driver rating

So, I hope Joey can beat those numbers and maintain at those tracks but the tracks are not in his favor. I will cheer loud as always because he is my guy but those are the facts.Wink
07-30-2013, 05:01 PM
STATS TELL THE TALE OF A SOLID YEAR: Despite being ranked 18th in the point standings, Logano’s top-five and top-10 finishes tell the story of how strong the No. 22 has run in 2013. Logano’s five top-five finishes are more than eight drivers currently ranked ahead of him in points. And his nine top-10 finishes are also more than eight competitors that are in front of him in the standings.
07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
I like those stats JEANSmile. With Joey and Todd returning together at Pocono and MIS, I expect some awesome results barring unforseen circumstances.

These stats would be even bigger without the 25 point penalty but it is what it is. It also proves detriment that Joey has run well but is where he is in points, Means the bad finishes are really bad. Thats the negative of what stats show....

But I am a glass half full guy so lets go Joe!