ABC 08|27|11 7:30 p.m. Irwin Tools Night Race

Joey Logano Irwin Tools Night Race Preview

Joey Logano Irwin Tools Night Race Photos

Joey Logano Irwin Tools Night Race Videos

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2011, 08:48 PM
RE: Irwin Tools Night Race - August 27, 2011 - Bristol Motor Speedway Race Talk
This will be my first Bristol Cup race in which I have attended. So I have been excited for months and now it is here! Got me some new Joey gear and all. Lol I hope it is a good race and Joey does well.
Find all posts by this user
08-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Have fun out there Pugger21!! Let us know how it goes, I am sure Bristol is a blast to watch! Never been there myself but hope to one day.
08-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Have a fun day and get Joey a 1st......gws
08-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Bristol is awesome. I hit the night race before it was paved and it was the best track ever. You will not be upsetSmile
08-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks everyone! Happy I'm excited. But those 2012 cars seem insanely cool!
08-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Have funn Pugger21!!!
im so ready for the night race

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
08-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Did anyone see on one of the cautions the were showing the 10 who were coming out of put lane and it said 20 Mcmurray and then right below it said 1 Mcmurray

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
08-28-2011, 01:04 AM
(08-27-2011 10:38 PM)Joeyloganolover20 Wrote:  Did anyone see on one of the cautions the were showing the 10 who were coming out of put lane and it said 20 Mcmurray and then right below it said 1 Mcmurray

Yeah....another sucky race for Joey...this season has sucked. I will be the first to say that BK knows how to drive and is definitely sliced bread at this point.

If Joey and Zippy dont figure out what they are doing wrong, Joey will be parking right alongside Scott Speed.
08-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Lets see... Logano was the highest qualifying Toyota at Bristol. He passed cars all night, which by the way was hard to do when everyone was running such close times at Bristol. At one point he was 27th, since he had to come down pit road for a tire issue under yellow. He drove his way to the front, and passed alot of cars. He had his highest finishing position at Bristol in the Cup Series. It might not be a win, but overall it was a good run for him.

And to top it all off he nearly beat Kyle Busch in the Nationwide Series race. And we all know Kyle is highly regarded for his talents at Bristol. That in itself should speak for Joey's talents as a driver.
08-28-2011, 09:20 AM
(08-28-2011 03:54 AM)Jean Wrote:  Lets see... Logano was the highest qualifying Toyota at Bristol. He passed cars all night, which by the way was hard to do when everyone was running such close times at Bristol. At one point he was 27th, since he had to come down pit road for a tire issue under yellow. He drove his way to the front, and passed alot of cars. He had his highest finishing position at Bristol in the Cup Series. It might not be a win, but overall it was a good run for him.

And to top it all off he nearly beat Kyle Busch in the Nationwide Series race. And we all know Kyle is highly regarded for his talents at Bristol. That in itself should speak for Joey's talents as a driver.

Joey is good at the Nationwide level, no doubt about that...but even BK is better there as well. I'm just comparing the 2 of them and their progression since both are pretty new to the circuits..BK is currently just on a roll or he is actually the next Jimmie Johnson. Even though Joey qualified well in the end he wasnt the highest running Toyota. Good qualifying doesnt mean anything as more then a few cars started way in the back and were up front.

Im sure Joey will win a race sooner or later..but right now compared to BK on the progression level, BK is definitely the better driver. He is figuring the cars, the tracks, and the strategies out alot quicker and catching on at a amazing rate. Considering he started a year later than Joey he is making great headway.

Remember..JL and BK are pretty much the newest drivers to enter the circuit after testing on tracks has been removed. Obviously that would hurt newcomers as that is even less experience they could gain from track time. Whereas BK is able to overcome that and now is driving like a veteran, JL is just showing random results.

Even his Nationwide program has been terrible this year compared to last year.. I think Joey needs new crew chiefs on both programs. Him and Zippy are definitely not working on the Sprint side.
08-28-2011, 09:46 AM
(08-28-2011 09:20 AM)SB20 Wrote:  
(08-28-2011 03:54 AM)Jean Wrote:  Lets see... Logano was the highest qualifying Toyota at Bristol. He passed cars all night, which by the way was hard to do when everyone was running such close times at Bristol. At one point he was 27th, since he had to come down pit road for a tire issue under yellow. He drove his way to the front, and passed alot of cars. He had his highest finishing position at Bristol in the Cup Series. It might not be a win, but overall it was a good run for him.

Joey is good at the Nationwide level, no doubt about that...but even BK is better there as well. I'm just comparing the 2 of them and their progression since both are pretty new to the circuits..BK is currently just on a roll or he is actually the next Jimmie Johnson. Even though Joey qualified well in the end he wasnt the highest running Toyota. Good qualifying doesnt mean anything as more then a few cars started way in the back and were up front.

Im sure Joey will win a race sooner or later..but right now compared to BK on the progression level, BK is definitely the better driver. He is figuring the cars, the tracks, and the strategies out alot quicker and catching on at a amazing rate. Considering he started a year later than Joey he is making great headway.

Remember..JL and BK are pretty much the newest drivers to enter the circuit after testing on tracks has been removed. Obviously that would hurt newcomers as that is even less experience they could gain from track time. Whereas BK is able to overcome that and now is driving like a veteran, JL is just showing random results.

Even his Nationwide program has been terrible this year compared to last year.. I think Joey needs new crew chiefs on both programs. Him and Zippy are definitely not working on the Sprint side.

You make some compelling arguments but please do not make a Brad/Jimmie comparison in the same sentence...... Also, you cannot compare the 2 in the Nationwide because Joey has his 3rd CC in the last 3 years down there and the 20 team has been the, if you will, "practice team" this year. Remember Brad in the Nationwide this year has been mediocre as well.
Brad is on a roll right now and many teams have done that this season and throughout Nascar history. Brad is a great driver and is showing that at this juncture he can get it done and Joey hasn't been able to finish. I would agree I think a CC change is needed. Joey has driven up to 5th place and then the last 2 stops, the car was not there. Not sure if others caught up and Joey stayed steady or they just went the wrong way with adjustments.
I think Zippy is an awesome CC but it just doesn't seem to mesh with Joey. I have seen Greg Erwin go to Allmendinger and he is running better. I have seen Paul Wolfe come from the Nationwide Series and make Brad a contender in less than a year. I have seem some life from the 31 team with Luke Lambert coming on board. These dont always work but I think JGR should consider bringing Ratcliff up and seeing what can be done there.
I know Joey is young. I know there has been a lot on the kids plate this year with the Edwards rumors, now HD talk of going with Edwards to RFR and that certainly doesn't help ones confidence. But Joey has had the hype, he has the cars, he has the Organization, the pit crew is solid I just think he and Zippy aren't the combo.
If Ratcliff were to come on board and nothing changed than one needs to start looking at Joey not adapting to these cars. We know he has the talent but I think we need to see a change though. I love watching Joey race and he is my guy through thick and thin.
08-28-2011, 12:16 PM
20forLogano,,, nice write-up and I agree with your concepts, don't throw Joey under the BUS.....he will survive and has a long way to go in his sport. Let's hang in there with him, he needs our support thru thick and thin. gws
08-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I think Gibbs should have never broke up Joey and Rogers..they should have run both programs together.. I think Ratcliffe with Joey would be a great combination as well.

Maybe Zippy and Hamlin would work better together...
08-28-2011, 08:02 PM
(08-28-2011 12:16 PM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  20forLogano,,, nice write-up and I agree with your concepts, don't throw Joey under the BUS.....he will survive and has a long way to go in his sport. Let's hang in there with him, he needs our support thru thick and thin. gws

Hey fellow Vermonter, hope you are braving this hurricane like me! By all means I didn't throw Joey under the bus, I will cheer him until he is done even if it pisses me off lol. All I was saying is if they make a change and the results don't get better you can't just look at cars, team, cc, you need to look at the whole packageCool we all are keeping the faith in our boy
08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Oh darn: these postings send the wrong signals,,,,I wasn't talking about you, I thought your comments were great!!!! I was referring to the post just above yours, the one from SB20. We did survive the storm OK, lots of rain, 14 hours or more but not hardly any wind, that was good. So, 20for Logano, I most always agree with what you say, you know a lot about racing and it helps me get more savvy about the races, as do most of the posts that come thru.
Thanks,,,,,,,LOVE JOEY !!!!!gws
08-29-2011, 09:54 AM
20for Logano, I didn't mean you in my previousnote, i meant the one from SB20. I get a lot of info from your posts, helps me learn more about the racing world. We did fine in the hurricane, lots of rain 16 hours of it but hardly any wind, that was good and we never lost power. Beautiful day today !!!! Joey is beautiful, will cheer him on for a long time.....gws
08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
(08-29-2011 09:54 AM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  20for Logano, I didn't mean you in my previousnote, i meant the one from SB20. I get a lot of info from your posts, helps me learn more about the racing world. We did fine in the hurricane, lots of rain 16 hours of it but hardly any wind, that was good and we never lost power. Beautiful day today !!!! Joey is beautiful, will cheer him on for a long time.....gws

No problem my Lady, it's all good. And i got ya now Big Grin. I appreciate the kind words and I try and tell it truthfully through a lot of years of experience. Can't wait until this weekend as Atlanta is a fun track even though it hasn't been one if Joeys best ones!
Glad you braved the storm as well, craziness in VT. Haven't seen that weather!