Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inside a race car for 4-5 hours?
06-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Inside a race car for 4-5 hours?
OK, here goes the questons.....How do drivers survive in a hot car for so many hours? Wondering about food intake, liquid intake, air conditioning, bodily wastes, if any???? Some of you, Jean? may be able to enlighten all of us, if any of you ever wondered the same things? Angel Thanks,,,GWS
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2010, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010 02:00 PM by Priyanka.)
RE: Inside a race car for 4-5 hours?
I heard if they have to go to the bathroom, they just go. Hahha.
And by watching NASCAR on tv, I see a lot of them drink gatorade, NOS, just energy drinks generally while the guys are working on the car on pit road or during an orange flag.
And I actually think there is AC in the car. Because at one point during a race, something happened with Denny's car and they told him to conserve energy and shut the AC off so he was really hot in the car.
06-03-2010, 07:56 PM
(06-03-2010 01:58 PM)Priyanka Wrote:  I heard if they have to go to the bathroom, they just go. Hahha.
And by watching NASCAR on tv, I see a lot of them drink gatorade, NOS, just energy drinks generally while the guys are working on the car on pit road or during an orange flag.
And I actually think there is AC in the car. Because at one point during a race, something happened with Denny's car and they told him to conserve energy and shut the AC off so he was really hot in the car.

The AC you are referring to is only for their helmets.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2010, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 02:44 AM by JoeyLoganoFan.)
I know back in to the Early days, Richard Petty and other drives would have hot dogs during a race handed by them by there Crew during a pitstop, Even Hamburgers. But i belive that became ban befor the 80's?. Or it might of been cause of the Helmet and they could't get it to fit down it lol..
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
ha lol...probably, well i remember when(and this is random but somewhat related to a topic, i guess?)my dad told me about a time when he watched a race and Dale Sr. was driving his car while wiping the outsde of his windshield. i dare any driver to do that now lol

I'm not random. I just think fast! Big GrinEmbarrased
06-15-2010, 09:46 AM
(06-03-2010 10:54 AM)Vermont#1Fan Wrote:  OK, here goes the questons.....How do drivers survive in a hot car for so many hours? Wondering about food intake, liquid intake, air conditioning, bodily wastes, if any???? Some of you, Jean? may be able to enlighten all of us, if any of you ever wondered the same things? Angel Thanks,,,GWS

Well I would assume that they can survive in the hot car merely on all of the physical strength and conditioning they have. People think that NASCAR drivers are just people who sit in cars all day and drive but its not true. They do actually work out a lot to keep themselves in shape for dealing with the experience of being in a car for 4+ hours. As for liquid intake, I know that some if not all have a special back pack type thing on the back of their seat or next to their seat where they can just grab a little straw type contraption and take a drink whenever they need it. As for food, I would assume they probably don't eat while driving. It would probably screw up their stomach with the heat and long hours of driving. As for bodily wastes, I would assume its go before you race and hope you can hold it in until after. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes rawrgoeskayla's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-22-2010)
06-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Nascar drivers are Robots.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Canadian Joey Fan's post:
Vermont#1Fan (06-22-2010)
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
(06-15-2010 02:30 PM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  Nascar drivers are Robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI336kP_eQ