Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'M GOING TO NHMS SUNDAY!!!
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2009 08:38 PM by Priyanka.)
I'M GOING TO NHMS SUNDAY!!!
Oh my god! My mom just bought me tickets 10 minutes ago for the New Hampshire Motor Speedway race next Sunday. It's the Sylvania 300 Sprint Cup Race. Is anybody else going?
Apparently this is where I'm sitting: "North Section C, Row 7, Seats 7 & 8" says the guy on Craig's List. And I have no idea where that is! I checked the seating chart and I'm still confused. Haha.
I haven't been a NASCAR fan for that long. I just became one the first race of the season. So, I'm so very excited to go. Let me know if you're going!
Does anybody have any good tips for the first time going to a race? Do you think there's any chance I could see any of the drivers? I'm so new to all of this. But, I'm so excited.
I don't even know if Joey Logano, Kasey Kahne, or Carl Edwards will be in the race. But, I assume so!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2009, 10:50 PM
RE: I'M GOING TO NHMS NEXT SUNDAY!!!
Oh sweet. I love NHMS! It's so awesome. There isn't a bad seat anywhere. I'd suggest being prepared to lose your voice from screaming to much if you plan on cheering for Carl, Kasey and Joey. I lost mine at my first race from screaming so much. I'd also dress in something comfy but not overwhelmingly warm since it tends to be warm at the tracks. Maybe bring a sweatshirt just in case. And plan on standing pretty much the whole time, otherwise you don't see much. Get there super early too. And a camera. Its necessary. The first time I pulled into NHMS, well any race, I was amazed with all the trailer parking and people. It's crazy. Other than that, just kick back and enjoy yourself! Maybe I'll see you there!
09-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I am a season ticket holder at NHMS and you will have trouble seeing some of the track being that low and for sure don't stand (only during re-starts and beginning of race) because you will get yelled at. But there is nothing better than seeing a race in person. You will most certainly enjoy. Let's hope the bad weather moves away for the weekend there.
09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I hope you have fun =D
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2009, 12:19 PM
have fun

http://www.kkracingcollectibles.com/

Take a look at my custom Diecasts (Link Below)

http://public.fotki.com/derekmcc/

[Image: DSC_0198.jpg][Image: DSC_0507.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the tips everybody.
I'm sure I will have a good time! I just hope there's no rain or any rain delays. That would be the worst :/
I think I'd rather be closer to the track than be able to see every thing everywhere. Just so I can actually see the cars and not just blurs. Haha.
Thanks for the tips on things to bring, Kayla. Where will you be sitting for the race?
09-13-2009, 10:58 PM
There is nothing quite in this world like an in-person NASCAR race, even the short tracks are awesome. I've been to Texas, Kansas, Memphis. I've also done the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Kansas and Daytona, that was really awesome as well, just a tip if anybody ever does that, tell the driver to try and scare you, he goes a lot faster haha.
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Actually, my parents bagged on it because I have to work and they wouldn't let me take the day off. Sad

I've done the RPDE too, its awesome. And I've been to Daytona, Richmond, Pocono, Dover and NHMS.
09-19-2009, 08:40 PM
RE: I'M GOING TO NHMS SUNDAY!!!
Oh my god! So, I have a very exciting story to tell. Well, it's exciting for me, but maybe not for some of you. Hah.
I was just driving on 495 (a major highway) and saw a trailer for Greg Biffle and one for Jimmie Johnson drive by!!! I was screaming my lungs off and driving. I think the people behind me thought my mom in the passenger seat was trying to kill me while I was driving or something silly. Hahaha. I'm so excited for tomorrow!
09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Thats so awesome!!! You'll probably see them all when you leave NHMS too! I saw pretty much everyones on my way out and all the way home on the high way last year! I have way to many picutres of the lights on the trailers going down the high way in pitch black. Smile Don't worry. You're not the only one to be really excited about it. I even stuck my head out the window and waved to the drivers of the trailers! Though I was so cool haha. Big Grin
09-20-2009, 07:32 AM
(09-19-2009 11:18 PM)rawrgoeskayla Wrote:  Thats so awesome!!! You'll probably see them all when you leave NHMS too! I saw pretty much everyones on my way out and all the way home on the high way last year! I have way to many picutres of the lights on the trailers going down the high way in pitch black. Smile Don't worry. You're not the only one to be really excited about it. I even stuck my head out the window and waved to the drivers of the trailers! Though I was so cool haha. Big Grin

Hahaha. Don't worry, that probably what I will do :]
I'll try and take pictures!! Hope they come out well.
09-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Oh man. Your there right now and its going to start in like 20 minutes. Gahhhh have fun, hope you like your first race!!!!!!