Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway - Race Talk
10-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway - Race Talk
Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway (.526-mile oval, Martinsville, Virginia)

No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion driven by Joey Logano

Sunday, October 27, 1:30 pm ET

Primary Chassis: PRS-836
Last Raced: Watkins Glen (finished seventh)
Backup Chassis: PRS-848
Last Raced: Loudon (finished 14th)

THE NEWS & NOTES
  • TESTING: Recently, Joey Logano and the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil team, along with his Penske Racing teammate Brad Keselowski, tested at the famed “paperclip” half-mile of Martinsville Speedway. The two-day test, which was shortened by a day due to rain, helped the team get a better grasp on the tricky track. Logano finished 23rd at Martinsville back in the spring.
  • NASCAR HALL OF FAME: Logano participated in the NASCAR Hall of Fame “Chase Driver Tuesdays” this past week. As part of the appearance, Logano met with the media, was part of the NASCAR weekly teleconference, filmed segments for local television stations and then met with a number of NASCAR Hall of Fame guests for a question and answer session and autographs.
  • LOOKING BACK TO 2010 AT MARTINSVILLE: To Logano, 2010 was a banner year in his career at Martinsville Speedway. Logano came “oh-so-close” to a win at Martinsville in the spring race of that year, finishing second to his then Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Denny Hamlin. Logano was running in the top five late and took advantage of contact between two other cars to grab second place. Unfortunately, laps ran out and Logano had to settle for the runner-up position. That same season, Logano finished sixth in the fall event at Martinsville, marking his two best career finishes at the track. His career-best qualifying effort at Martinsville is fourth, which he has done twice, including at the spring race this year.
  • RACER’S DREAM GARAGE CALENDAR: The 2014 Racer’s Dream Garage presented by Shell V-Power calendar will debut at the track this weekend in Martinsville. The calendar will show off drivers like Logano, Keselowski, Travis Pastrana, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Greg Biffle, Helio Castroneves and several others along with their personal street vehicles. Several fans’ cars are also featured as part of the Shell Ultimate Enthusiast contest. Fans can get the calendar on the Shell-Pennzoil merchandise hauler or by ordering it online at http://www.joeyloganofoundation.org.

MARTINSVILLE HAS BEEN A TOUGH TRACK FOR YOU IN THE PAST. DO YOU THINK THE TEST HELPED?

“I really think the test helped. Going up there and running with our teammate, so we had two cars to bounce ideas off of, was huge. And, like it has been at a lot of the tracks this year, going to Martinsville for a second time with Todd as a crew chief will help us out too. With the test, we now have a race and a test worth of notes that we can work off of and start with when we unload on Friday. That is one of the biggest keys in my mind. And there is nothing that can replace experience together on the track.”

YOUR RACER’S DREAM GARAGE CALENDAR COMES OUT THIS WEEKEND. HOW MUCH FUN WAS IT TO MAKE?

“It was a blast. I’ve always said, one of the most common questions I get asked when I do Q&A sessions is what kind of personal car do I drive on the road. So I figured out that this would be a cool way to show that and what some of the other drivers in the garage area drive on the road. We have a lot of really cool cars in the calendar and a lot of good drivers. Clint Bowyer has a really cool car and of course Brad’s car is just what you’d expect from Brad. I think the fans will love it and the proceeds will go to a good cause.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway - Race Talk
not really sure what to expect, the spring went HORRID in every aspect but qualifying

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Qualified the same as spring. Top side sucks but it is what it is. Not expecting much this weekend
10-25-2013, 09:34 PM
(10-25-2013 06:36 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  Qualified the same as spring. Top side sucks but it is what it is. Not expecting much this weekend

we were 4th in the spring, 6th now..............

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
10-26-2013, 04:20 PM
(10-25-2013 09:34 PM)jlogano22 Wrote:  [quote='22forLogano' pid='19320' dateline='1382740587']
Qualified the same as spring. Top side sucks but it is what it is. Not expecting much this weekend

we were 4th in the spring,

Really dude, 4th or 6th, he is on the outside like I said. Lets chill on being perfect ehh!
10-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Solid practice, we will see how it translates. My guess, 15, 48, 24 will be winner and maybe if 11 luck changes he will be there in the end
10-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Wishing Joey and the team the best of luck today, top 10 would be fantastic. Be safe guys, rooting for you in GA!
10-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Average run for Joey, better than where we finished in spring but disappointed in fact he had top 8 car. Today was first day I questioned some of Todds pit calls. On to Texas. 3 to go. I really felt 2 wins was coming this year. He can still do it but will be extremely tough. Lets go Joey
10-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Its a huge improvement over the Spring race though, he ran inside the top 10 most of the day, strategy just didn't work out Sad
10-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:IT WAS KIND OF AN UP AND DOWN DAY. CAN YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR RACE AND THE FINISH?
"That was not the type of finish that we envisioned coming out of practice on Friday and Saturday. I felt like we had a car that was capable of winning or at least running up in the top five. We were looking good early. We got off a bit on our adjustments but we went back on them and the car was pretty good. Then about halfway through the race we got off sequence with our pit stops and that really hurt us. We got stuck out on the track with older tires and never got the yellow flag that we thought would come. So we fell back and lost all of our track position and spent the rest of the day trying to get it back. That hard to do here. Now, we just need to look at these last three races as going after three wins. We have nothing to lose out there and that's how we are going to approach it."
10-28-2013, 09:04 PM
I like the mentality. Need one more win. This has been a great season. I think multiple wins solidifies his season as a 10 out of 10
10-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Great run, Joey. Once again can say I'm proud to be a fan of yours. You ran a tough but smart race, kept your car together, and only went hard on the car towards the end when it was needed. Your patience, talent, and maturity showed. Do have to question the pit strategy. Was hoping to see you come in with the 88, but then again I am sitting on the couch with a couple of dogs to discuss it with and a cold beer and not there making those hard decisions, lol.
A great job by the whole crew, especially the pit stops, which seem to have really taken off lately. The best of luck to you all next week, and great to see you guys up another spot in the Chase.