ESPN2 09|14|12 4 p.m. GEICO 400 final practice
SPEED 09|15|12 1:30 p.m. GEICO 400 qualifying
ESPN 09|16|12 1 p.m. GEICO 400

Sponsor - Dollar General
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: GEICO 400 - September 16, 2012 - Chicagoland Speedway Race Talk
Quote:Joey Logano Quotes: “I’m really disappointed that we didn’t make the Chase this season. That was our goal from the beginning, but we just ran into a bit of bad luck and had some bad runs in the middle of the season that just hurt us in points. At least we went into last weekend with a shot and that is always good. But just because we didn’t make the Chase doesn’t mean our season is over. We can now go out there and not worry about racing for points and just do our best to win a couple of these final races. We owe that to all our sponsors like Dollar General and to all of the guys that work at the shop and I owe it to all of the guys that travel each and every weekend. There would be nothing better than to get another win or two under our belts before the end of the year.

“I’m excited about Chicagoland. I think our 1.5-mile program has really gotten better this year and Jason (Ratcliff, crew chief) and I are working better and better each and every week. Plus, the more we go back to these tracks the better we have notes to start with right from the beginning which makes us pretty fast right out of the box. That is all you can ask for. Plus, being back in the Nationwide Series event this weekend will be a big help because I like the extra track time. There is always something you can learn from Saturday and apply it to Sunday. So we will just go out there and try to do what we try to do every weekend, which is just win.”
09-11-2012, 10:31 PM
(09-11-2012 07:22 PM)Jean Wrote:  
Quote:Joey Logano Quotes: “I’m really disappointed that we didn’t make the Chase this season. That was our goal from the beginning, but we just ran into a bit of bad luck and had some bad runs in the middle of the season that just hurt us in points. At least we went into last weekend with a shot and that is always good. But just because we didn’t make the Chase doesn’t mean our season is over. We can now go out there and not worry about racing for points and just do our best to win a couple of these final races. We owe that to all our sponsors like Dollar General and to all of the guys that work at the shop and I owe it to all of the guys that travel each and every weekend. There would be nothing better than to get another win or two under our belts before the end of the year.

“I’m excited about Chicagoland. I think our 1.5-mile program has really gotten better this year and Jason (Ratcliff, crew chief) and I are working better and better each and every week. Plus, the more we go back to these tracks the better we have notes to start with right from the beginning which makes us pretty fast right out of the box. That is all you can ask for. Plus, being back in the Nationwide Series event this weekend will be a big help because I like the extra track time. There is always something you can learn from Saturday and apply it to Sunday. So we will just go out there and try to do what we try to do every weekend, which is just win.”

With that said.. 18-22nd place finish.
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 07:14 AM
(09-11-2012 10:31 PM)SB_Fan Wrote:  

STOP DOUBTING HIM! HE WILL DO FINE!

Go Joey and Brad!! Heart #22 & #2!
[Image: 1124370_article_img_large1.jpg]
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
(09-11-2012 10:31 PM)SB_Fan Wrote:  

if your only here to be an asshole

GET OFF THIS FORUM!!!!!

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes jlogano22's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-12-2012)
09-14-2012, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2012 12:20 AM by 3DoorsDown.)
SB_Fan is just a pessimistic fan. I think the focus is going to be on Denny Hamlin since he is in the case. Kyle and Joey will be testing things for JGR/Denny. I would guess that Joey might have a beefed up motor for one of these 1.5 miler races to test different engine packages. It would not surprise me if Joey has engine issues or some sort of issue in these last 10 races as he and Kyle are now test cars basically.
09-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Dont expect Joey OR Kyle to be ahead in positions to Denny at the end of each race. They will be spot holders. If Joey or Kyle are running 1st or 2nd and Denny is 2nd or 3rd..expect to see them heading to pit road for engine problems asap. They aren't here to win races. They are here to make sure Denny gets maximum points. If Denny wrecks out during a race.. then Joey or Kyle are let go to take it however they can.
09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
(09-14-2012 12:19 AM)3DoorsDown Wrote:  SB_Fan is just a pessimistic fan. I think the focus is going to be on Denny Hamlin since he is in the case. Kyle and Joey will be testing things for JGR/Denny. I would guess that Joey might have a beefed up motor for one of these 1.5 miler races to test different engine packages. It would not surprise me if Joey has engine issues or some sort of issue in these last 10 races as he and Kyle are now test cars basically.

yup
1st practice speeds

Denny-5th
Kyle-28th
Joey-29th

ughhhh

09-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Not saying I know but can't imagine Mars and HD would want their cars pulling over for Denny for wins. Leading lap or laps maybe. I agree they will best testing for 2013 the rest of the year
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-15-2012)
09-15-2012, 01:34 AM
(09-14-2012 06:43 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  Not saying I know but can't imagine Mars and HD would want their cars pulling over for Denny for wins. Leading lap or laps maybe. I agree they will best testing for 2013 the rest of the year

Sure they would...because they would expect the same thing in return from Fedex when it was their turn in the Chase..

Watch Hendrick.. all 4 will race like hell.. but when there are 2 races left..then 1-3 that dont have a chance..will all of a sudden not run as well as the 1 contender that is close to the Chase..

Example.. last race.. Denny pulled into the pits to give up a position for Kyle to try to gain on Gordon... Im sure Fedex knew what the deal was..
09-15-2012, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 05:27 AM by kryan11.)
I don't think Kyle or Joey will pull over for Denny. They're racing for wins at this point. One thing I noticed at Bristol, Denny made a comment that Darian was testing a new set up and Kyle and Joey were using a different set up. I think Darian has really been going out of the box and trying new things that have proven to be successful. I think the difference in speed leading up to the chase between Denny and his JGR teammates has been Darian and the new stuff he has been trying.

The only thing I will question about Joey's team at this point is how much are they going to try to hide from him, from here on out now that he's going to Penske. They're not going to make him aware of any trick set up info that he could carry over to Penske. This might hurt his speed :/
[-] The following 1 user Likes kryan11's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-15-2012)
09-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Joey will only be doing trick testing for rest of year. They are going to want him and Ratcliff to test new engines, parts, etc. they may get some great runs out of them and then they will have some bad parts races. it is what is but I will root real loud for him regardless
[-] The following 2 users Like 22forLogano's post:
jlogano22 (09-15-2012), JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-15-2012)
09-15-2012, 07:14 AM
outside to='SB_Fan' pid='17043' dateline='1347687282']
(09-14-2012 06:43 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  Not saying I know but can't imagine Mars and HD would want their cars pulling over for Denny for wins. Leading lap or laps maybe. I agree they will best testing for 2013 the rest of the year

Sure they would...because they would expect the same thing in return from Fedex when it was their turn in the Chase..

Watch Hendrick.. all 4 will race like hell.. but when there are 2 races left..then 1-3 that dont have a chance..will all of a sudden not run as well as the 1 contender that is close to the Chase..
If they are running outide
Example.. last race.. Denny pulled into the pits to give up a position for Kyle to try to gain on Gordon... Im sure Fedex knew what the deal was..
[/quote]

If they are running outside top ten or so, sure that's plausible. Top 3 as you stated especially first, not a chance.
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Great run all day! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Jean's post:
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-16-2012), Vermont#1Fan (09-17-2012)
09-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Yep, great day for Team. Nice to see him competitive from go. Guess SB will be missing today because he can't say anything bad about day. Wrong about 18 to 22nd place finish. He didn't pull over for Denny, he beat Hornish. Go Joey
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-16-2012), Vermont#1Fan (09-17-2012)
09-16-2012, 06:29 PM
(09-16-2012 06:18 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  Yep, great day for Team. Nice to see him competitive from go. Guess SB will be missing today because he can't say anything bad about day. Wrong about 18 to 22nd place finish. He didn't pull over for Denny, he beat Hornish. Go Joey

Where you watching the same race I was.. Joey and Kyle both let Denny pass them.. Denny had trouble on the last lap and finished pretty far back. But before that he was running in front of both.
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
@SB_Fan,
Joey ran in front of Denny for most of the day.

On a different side note, the 20 team was testing some things on the car. More specifically on the rear end of the car. Wink Going forward I expect the 11 team to be very competitive on the 1.5 milers.
09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
(09-16-2012 07:08 PM)Anon Wrote:  @SB_Fan,

On a different side note, the 20 team was testing some things on the car. More specifically on the rear end of the car. Wink Going forward I expect the 11 team to be very competitive on the 1.5 milers.

Exactly what I was saying, Joey ran in front of Denny all day. Watching same race SB. U must have only seen a couple of laps!
09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
(09-16-2012 07:22 PM)20forLogano Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 07:08 PM)Anon Wrote:  @SB_Fan,

Exactly what I was saying, Joey ran in front of Denny all day. Watching same race SB. U must have only seen a couple of laps!

LOL.. you don't understand do you.. Joey did run in front of Denny all day. but towards the last laps of the race Kyle and Joey both let Denny pass them for a higher pts finish until he had the problem at the last lap.

They will run the best they can during the beginning to help Denny with setups etc..but in the end they will bow down for him to gain track position. Replay this race and you will see exactly that.. Unless of course you dont understand a word I just typed.
09-16-2012, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 07:39 PM by Anon.)
You are right SB_Fan. And I am going to add to what you are saying.... when Denny couldn't pass Joey, he was on the radio trying to have his spotter make the pass "easier".

Team orders exist, its just the way it is, and something you can expect from most racing teams. Even though it is a competitive sport, at the end of the day, it is still a business.
09-16-2012, 10:37 PM
great run for joey a 4-10 car all day and ended up with a top 10!

09-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Oh there is no doubt team orders exist. I have watched this sport and know a former past champion well to know what this sport is truly about. Joey did let him go at end . But in the end Joey was a top ten car and not a 18 to 22. Hang your hat SB, you got one thing right ha ha
JoeyLoganoFan22 (09-17-2012), Vermont#1Fan (09-17-2012)