Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fox wants race shortened to 1 hour
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Fox wants race shortened to 1 hour
FOX To Nascar: Shorten Races To 1 Hour

CONCORD, NC – In a statement that may have surprised Nascar officials, FOX Sports chairman David Hill said races are too long and should be modified to fit into a 1-hour programming window.

“These races are just way too long,” said Mr. Hill as he drank heavily during the Charlotte Motor Speedway’s annual media tour. “These things last 4, 5, 6 hours. People are growing old and dying watching the races. It’s no wonder the ratings are way down.”

Under Hill’s proposal, the races would be reformatted to fit into an hour of broadcast time. This means there would actually be 44 minutes of racing with the rest of the time taken up by commercials.

“The way I look at it this would be a huge win for Nascar and its fans. You know exactly when the race will start and when it will end so a fan can be sure that he won’t miss that hog swap or whatever the hell it is those kind of people do.”

Another advantage of the format is that the race would stop for commercial breaks. Hill sees this as a positive change for fans watching on television and at the track. “The viewer at home who currently misses race action when we cut away for commercial breaks won’t have to worry about that anymore. The drunk fan at the track that used to miss action when they went to relieve themselves or buy a dozen hot dogs and more beer can get it done without missing a thing.”

Mr. Hill added that FOX would like to replace its failing ‘Accounting Nightmares’ reality show on Friday nights and this new format would allow them to do that. He also speculated that there would be a favorable response from sponsors who are tired of airing their spots in front of viewers that have mostly passed out.

Driver Tony Stewart seemed receptive to the idea saying he thought that maybe he could have a chance to win a race and someone could possibly beat Jimmie Johnson.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. also came out in favor telling us that he gets really tired before the races end and he often runs out of snacks and beer too.

The story above is parody / satire and entirely fictitious. iFoolNews uses invented names in all its ‘Headline News’ stories, except in cases when public figures are being parodied / satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 12:57 PM
RE: Fox wants race shortened to 1 hour
Ha Ha,,,,Canadien, you had me fooled, but you know, it might not be a bad idea to do some kind of shortening,my plan.....DO AWAY WITH ALL COMMERCIALS !!!!! That would shorten the race time on TV....gws p.s. Just keep the Coke commercials and the Sponsifiers.....
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Lol this was really good. I will have to use it on other forums.
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM
HAHA you had me i was getting ticked cause during race season thats all i watch!!!

Joey Logano Heart
New year, New Crew Chief!
03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
the sad thing is thats very believable

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
03-04-2011, 09:50 PM
i am sending this too a freind to see his reaction until he relies

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
03-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Brb guys gotta swap my hog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 03:06 PM
....Hate to say it, but it is kind of long.
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I think certain races like Pocano can afford to be shortened but you don't touch Daytona, Indy,Darlington or Charlotte or Bristol.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
(04-05-2011 06:06 PM)Canadian Joey Fan Wrote:  I think certain races like Pocano can afford to be shortened but you don't touch Daytona, Indy,Darlington or Charlotte or Bristol.

Pocono*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user