Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway - Race Talk
03-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway - Race Talk
Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway (.533-mile superspeedway, Bristol, Tenn.)

No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion driven by Joey Logano

Sunday, March 16, 1:00 pm ET

Primary Chassis: PRS-845
Last Raced: Richmond Fall Race (finished 17th as No. 2 car)
Backup Chassis: PRS-858
Last Raced: Phoenix backup chassis (never raced)

THE NEWS & NOTES
  • NEVER BEFORE IN HIS CAREER…: Just three races into the season, Joey Logano is already off to the strongest start of his Sprint Cup Series career. His fourth-place standing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) points is the highest that Logano has ever been over the course of his five previous full-time seasons. Logano also has led laps in the Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion in all three events in 2014 (all four, counting the Sprint Unlimited). This marks the first time that Logano has led laps in three or four straight events.
  • HELP JOEY HELP GAVIN: In 2010, a special young boy named Gavin Grubbs got the thrill of a lifetime when Logano, his favorite driver, surprised him when he visited Gavin in Arkansas as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Since then, Logano and Grubbs have remained very close and often exchange text messages. Now, Logano is helping Gavin once again. Gavin, who suffers from merosin-negative muscular dystrophy, is trying to raise $10,000 for a local Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) walk in Arkansas. Logano is enlisting his social media followers to help Gavin raise the funds. In addition to Logano personally donating through the number of retweets, anyone that donates $5 or more to the cause will get a Racers Dream Garage calendar. Visit twitter.com/joeylogano for more information.[/b]
  • BRISTOL BIOGRAPHY: Bristol Motor Speedway is known to be unpredictable and that theme ties in well with Logano’s results at the famed half-mile speedway. Logano struggled over his first couple of years at Bristol, but he turned things around in 2012 when he finished eighth. Last season, Logano was racing for the lead before contact with another competitor took him out of contention. He backed up that run with a fifth-place finish in the fall Bristol race last year. Logano has only qualified outside of the top 10 twice in his 10 career starts at the track. In 2010, he won the pole at Bristol when he set the record as the youngest Sprint Cup Series pole winner in series history.
  • BRING ON ANOTHER SHOOTOUT: With Logano’s pole won at Las Vegas, the eighth of his career, he qualified for next season’s Sprint Unlimited. Logano has never missed the season-opening event in his NSCS career. Logano’s eighth-career pole puts him 69th on the all-time list, tied with Kyle Petty and Elliott Sadler.

TALK ABOUT YOUR GREAT START TO THE SEASON.

“Yeah, it’s been a really good start. We have done some of the things we wanted to going into the year other than win a race. But we have been in a position to win races at each of the first three races. Daytona is Daytona, but I think we were good enough with a few more changes to win at Phoenix and Vegas. We’ve lead laps in each race as well. And we’ve qualified on the front row in the last two races. So it’s been a good start. But we can’t focus on that. We need to focus on winning races. We want to get that first win under our belt and then let the rest take care of itself. So we don’t think about the first races too much. We focus on what’s coming next. But we will ride the momentum.”

IS MOMENTUM A BIG FACTOR IN THIS SPORT?

“Momentum really gives you confidence. And confidence means a lot, both as a driver but also for the team. You need to work well together as a team between the driver and the crew chief, the driver and the mechanics and the mechanics and the crew chief. When you have momentum, you have confidence and when you have the confidence, the chemistry is just there and it shows in the garage. I don’t think momentum itself does a lot, but it can affect other things, which then can mean a lot. That is one of the strongest parts of the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil team is our chemistry. It’s at an all-time high right now.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jean's post:
Vermont#1Fan (03-17-2014)
03-15-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway - Race Talk
Starting 4th, got one of the best pit stalls. Hamlin in front of us..... looks like rain sunday and monday and with Cali on deck, dont know whats going to happen. 22 looks solid again this weekend
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
03-15-2014, 10:03 AM
(03-15-2014 08:34 AM)22forLogano Wrote:  Starting 4th, got one of the best pit stalls. Hamlin in front of us..... looks like rain sunday and monday and with Cali on deck, dont know whats going to happen. 22 looks solid again this weekend

Damnit Todd, why would you pick the 2nd stall this week

Don't you remember what happened in the August Bristol race??

Heres to 2013!!! New Relationships & New Beginnings!
[Image: 598392_10151166714630794_1443265093_n.jpg]
03-15-2014, 04:31 PM
He didnt, he picked the 3rd pit stall, 7 in the 2nd. He knows exactly what hes doing
03-16-2014, 12:20 AM
(03-15-2014 04:31 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  He didnt, he picked the 3rd pit stall, 7 in the 2nd. He knows exactly what hes doing

Oh, just mis read what you meant in the top post

Never mind lol

03-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Looks like no race, arghhh. Sucks. Also, Hamlin interview on Nascar.com. you can tell they both have ill will still and I dont think Joey and Denny are done with the feud. Joey, like he does, down plays and moves on. Denny still wants to reference it. Shows who is the more grown person..... I hate Denny
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22forLogano's post:
03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
(03-16-2014 08:32 AM)22forLogano Wrote:  Looks like no race, arghhh. Sucks. Also, Hamlin interview on Nascar.com. you can tell they both have ill will still and I dont think Joey and Denny are done with the feud. Joey, like he does, down plays and moves on. Denny still wants to reference it. Shows who is the more grown person..... I hate Denny

of course it's not over, they still race each other with no room and denny still likes to block him into pit stalls

i don't think we will see anything to the march 2013 level but who knows

03-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Good fight today Joey, could have been a worse finish..only lost two spots. Go get em next week you are driving great, and the Fords and Team Penske look good. I have to say something about the garbage Denny has been spewing this week and media picking it up. I would like to reference the Jenna Fryer article. "Denny learning to co-exit with Joey 1 year later." Is she kidding, Joey is learning to co-exist with his tormenter!. I have said for a long time something ain't right with Hamlin, read the article..that man has not moved on..what he said was bad. I believe Logano doesn't give one thought about Hamlin..but Joey is obviously living rent free in his head. I knew it last year when he milked the whole thing, (as it truly was just a product of hard racing), his ego would never let it go. Imagine him as a teammate all those years? Horrible. Once again Joey in all of this has shown who is classier and the more mature one. Thanks for letting me rant, I am sure garbage will be spewn next week too from the whiner Hamlin.
03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
(03-16-2014 12:32 PM)jlogano22 Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 08:32 AM)22forLogano Wrote:  Looks like no race, arghhh. Sucks. Also, Hamlin interview on Nascar.com. you can tell they both have ill will still and I dont think Joey and Denny are done with the feud. Joey, like he does, down plays and moves on. Denny still wants to reference it. Shows who is the more grown person..... I hate Denny

of course it's not over, they still race each other with no room and denny still likes to block him into pit stalls

i don't think we will see anything to the march 2013 level but who knows

..Denny Hamlin has always been a headcase and very immature, poor Joey having him as a teammate.
03-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Denny always has had a chip on his shoulder and always will. He is a dick. As for the race, these are the days when shit happens and you salvage a decent finish. Last year, that would have been 30 something.

Great job to Todd and the whole 22 team. That was an awesome team effort
03-17-2014, 09:45 PM
(03-17-2014 07:36 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  Denny always has had a chip on his shoulder and always will. He is a dick. As for the race, these are the days when shit happens and you salvage a decent finish. Last year, that would have been 30 something.

ehh more like 2 years ago lol

03-19-2014, 08:00 PM
(03-17-2014 09:45 PM)jlogano22 Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 07:36 PM)22forLogano Wrote:  Denny always has had a chip on his shoulder and always will. He is a dick. As for the race, these are the days when shit happens and you salvage a decent finish. Last year, that would have been 30 something.

ehh more like 2 years ago lol

it was last year as well bud. When Joey was great he was great. When he was bad, he was bad. Thats why chase was so tight.