Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Food City 250 - August 21st, 2009 - Race Talk
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2009 08:54 PM by Priyanka.)
Food City 250 - August 21st, 2009 - Race Talk
Joey Logano isn't racing in this Nationwide race, but I thought I would take the liberty to create this thread for the race. Brad Coleman is driving the number 20 car for BigSpot.com tonight and is starting in 7th place.

The Food City 250 starts at 8PM EST on ESPN2 and is taking place at Bristol Motor Speedway. No rain on the forecast at the track until 3AM. Kevin Harvick was the last winner at Bristol back in March.

Here's the live leaderboard for the race via NASCAR.com if you can't catch it on TV: http://www.nascar.com/races/leaderboard/bg/race/
Justin.tv will probably be having the race broadcasted via several different channels.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2009, 10:19 PM
RE: Food City 250 - August 21st, 2009 - Race Talk
David Ragan = 1st place.
Carl Edwards = 2nd place.
Brad Keselowski = 3rd place.
Kevin Harvick = 4th place.

Check out the live leaderboard for the unoffical standings.
08-22-2009, 12:31 PM
tough race for Brad. But IMO they need someone else in that car because Brad can start the race high, run well for some laps but cannot finish the deal. I believe a cat like Kelly Bires would be a better substitute
08-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Don't even get me started! the only other driver that should be in the 88 is Landon Cassill!. In my opinion Landon is going to be better then Brad. Brad has peeked, Landon hasn't really had the chance to show what he really can do and when he did all he did was run in the top ten and win the rookie of the year. I'm not knocking Kelly Bires but anybody who knows anything can clearly see that this should be Landon's ride. He has been in the Hendrick stable since 2007 and has NEVER had the chance at a full season (Bires has) This is stupid! it shouldn't even be a contest. It should be a hands down slam dunk for Landon. Lets not forget that Unilever was going to sponosor Landon in the 5 car before the 88 couldn't find sponsors and they transfered the sponsors over so why wouldn't they just put the sponsors on the driver they were going to go with in the first place. As far as i'm concerned Kelly Bires is with KHI and should stay there. Landon is already in the HMS/JRM family and he should get the ride. He showed so much promise in his last few starts which ended with him coming from the back in a back up car to finish 6th at Phoenix which clinched him the rookie of the year. Landon Cassill was at one time ranked higher then Joey Logano in rookie scouting in fact Landon apparently spanked everyone including Joey at the GM Development test so to the point that Gibbs offered Landon a contract prior to him signing with Hendrick. Cassill would still be considered a top young driver had his career been aloud to take off but instead he gets various spot starts every 5 to 25 races when he could be in the car for a full season showing everyone what he can do and when he FINALLY gets that chance boy will he show them.

[Image: 2q00y8p.jpg]
08-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Canadian Joey Fan I completely agree. That should be Landon's car big time. Just a thought. If Brad isn't going to be in the 88 JRM car next year...who knows just mabye they will give it to Landon and throw in a few Cup races with Hendrick to show what he's got. We all know he's definitely got the talent if just givin enough chance to show it. I can't wait to see Landon back in a Nationwide car full time. I'm also a Canadian Joey Fan as well. Go Joey...